ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't we have a separte women's big blue madness, assuming they have to have one?

It's not a joke and not sure how you glean this by what's written by the OP. This same post happens every year. If you don't like it don't watch it. Don't try and elevate your own self worth by trashing someone else. Especially someone that works harder than you to live their dreams. It comes off as being a petty jerk. But hey, some people need post like this to attract other self loathing A holes to comfort their miserable lives.
Ok, wow. A lot to unpack here. First of I specifically said at the end of my post that I am ignorant of this posters track record with social issues. And my entire post was in support of women's suffrage, so I don't appreciate you implying that I'm one the A holes that's attracted to him. And I'm not at all sure how you gleans that from my post.

It's 2017 man, anyone with a lick of common sense isn't going to say something like that and mean it. However, plenty of people use satire to bring these social issues into the spotlight. Satire is also used by shows like SNL and South Park to bring complex social and government issues into the spotlight to leave the audience thinking. Satire is used by people who support what they're making fun of.

Do you also think the writer's of South Park believe everything that comes out Cartman's mouth? Do you think they believe everything that comes out of Jimbo's or Mr Garrison's mouth?

Of course not. Because with how ridiculous the OP sounded that's what I thought it was- satire/sarcasm.

And if I read too much into your post forgive me. I have a mother and that's why I don't like being lumped into the same category as people who actually think that way.

And if his post isn't sarcasm or satire than I don't support his viewpoints at all. I honestly don't know why I have to explain this.

Last edited:
Maybe the OP went to Wabash or an all-male HS. Don't explain coeds or the Craft Center to him. It simply wont compute.

Perhaps the OP was just POed that the women were the only ones who actually "played" basketball during Madness ..

ya Know, the fact that some believe the women need the male audience to gain recognition is in and of itself condescending and sexist, to a 3rd wave feminist.

:D

You should see them when you hold the door. :scream:

I agree with the OP. WBB is simply dreadful! They do not deserve the same recognition as the men's team. If they did, they wouldn't have to be forced upon fans during a men's event.

I long for the days of Midnight Madness at Memorial Coliseum.

Let the PC flaming commence.

Ok, wow. A lot to unpack here. First of I specifically said at the end of MyNBA2K17 post that I am ignorant of this posters track record with social issues. And my entire post was in support of women's suffrage, so I don't appreciate you implying that I'm one the A holes that's attracted to him. And I'm not at all sure how you gleans that from my post.

It's 2017 man, anyone with a lick of common sense isn't going to say something like that and mean it. However, plenty of people use satire to bring these social issues into the spotlight. Satire is also used by shows like SNL and South Park to bring complex social and government issues into the spotlight to leave the audience thinking. Satire is used by people who support what they're making fun of.

Do you also think the writer's of South Park believe everything that comes out Cartman's mouth? Do you think they believe everything that comes out of Jimbo's or Mr Garrison's mouth?

Of course not. Because with how ridiculous the OP sounded that's what I thought it was- satire/sarcasm.

And if I read too much into your post forgive me. I have a mother and that's why I don't like being lumped into the same category as people who actually think that way.

And if his post isn't sarcasm or satire than I don't support his viewpoints at all. I honestly don't know why I have to explain this.
Yes, you're really over thinking this. It's not some hidden, tongue in cheek, message by the OP. It's the same topic that hits every single year by the same high and mighty butt wipes that get off bashing women sports because it doesn't measure up to their standards as a fan setting in their moms basement eating porkrinds. Just wait and you can relive this next years as yet another superior fan proclaims his need to tell us he's just too good to waste a few minutes of his life to allow a few women the opportunity to be a part of a school function.

I agree with the OP. WBB is simply dreadful! They do not deserve the same recognition as the men's team. If they did, they wouldn't have to be forced upon fans during a men's event.

I long for the days of Midnight Madness at Memorial Coliseum.

Let the PC flaming commence.

You should probably see a Dr. about that flaming PC, maybe get a shot or something.

Personally, they should trot out all of the Teams at UK during MM, Track & Field, Rifle, Volleyball, Swimming, Shuffleboard, Box Hockey, Badminton, WBB, Softball, Baseball, etc..

Ok, wow. A lot to unpack here. First of I specifically said at the end of MyNBA2K17 post that I am ignorant of this posters track record with social issues. And my entire post was in support of women's suffrage, so I don't appreciate you implying that I'm one the A holes that's attracted to him. And I'm not at all sure how you gleans that from my post.

How can anyone in this day and age support suffraging by women. Disgusting.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Yes, you're really over thinking this. It's not some hidden, tongue in cheek, message by the OP. It's the same topic that hits every single year by the same high and mighty butt wipes that get off bashing women sports because it doesn't measure up to their standards as a fan setting in their moms basement eating porkrinds. Just wait and you can relive this next years as yet another superior fan proclaims his need to tell us he's just too good to waste a few minutes of his life to allow a few women the opportunity to be a part of a school function.
Congrats. You got the last word.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT