ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't we have a separte women's big blue madness, assuming they have to have one?

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

It's a glorified pep rally and shoot around folks...if you can tolerate either one of those things then you can tolerate the women...

I enjoy watching women's basketball about as much as I love getting root canal. But couldn't you just socialize during that time? Shit I would watch the cats play any way I can. Even if I had to watch women's ball first. I was a little more interested when keyluh Snowden played for the lady cats because she was eye candy. Not that I disagree with op but this thread gonna get ugly lol
I agree, the gals game is awful, but just socialize or play on ya phones.

I was a little more interested when keyluh Snowden played for the lady cats because she was eye candy.
If ya need eye candy to get interested,
13743506_566045983568083_848439772_n.jpg

It's a show, not a basketball game. If you think what the guys are doing is real basketball, it's probably best that you just keep sitting the event out altogether.

No one wants two hours of anything that happens at Madness. It's a celebration commemorating the start of the season. The Blue-White game is next week.

I think it says a lot that there are several reasons Madness isn't what you want it to be and yet you choose the one thing that's as much actual basketball as anything that happens to lash out against.

Maybe she'll come back one day, buddy. Hang in there.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I find I can no longer attend Big Blue Madness simply because I have no tolerance for watching women attempt to play basketball. I will tape it tonight and cut out the parts that are intolerable. It seems to me that if the women deserve to have such an event then they should be able to support themselves and draw the crowd who claims to enjoy watching them. Certainly not going to be me.
I am 70 years old and have been a coach, AD, Played 4 years for UK in football, have grandchildren, and watch athletics! The Girl's game is so much more skill sound, not AAU friendly, and great to watch! I have 3 boy grandchildren and one girll!!!! That girl is more sound than any of my grandsons! They are all athletes by the way!!!!

I get sick of self righteous assholes complaining about women's basketball every year. Of course it's not on the same level athletic wise but at least respect them for the hard work and dedication they've put in all their lives. Don't like it? Fine ! Just don't be a whiny little bitch about it.

I'm not whining nor do I care but I find it humorous that we treat them with kid gloves. We get to hear about women empowerment and how men suck at life from activists and how independent women are now yet see stuff like this where it's mandatory that they be included with a team that is successful and generates 24k people to show up. Why? Because like in all female sports, no one really cares to see it.

If only there was an event where it was just the men scrimmaging.

Oh wait there is one called the Blue White game and it’s taking place next Friday.

Just go to that if you don’t like BBM

Reactions: jameslee32
If ya need eye candy to get interested,
13743506_566045983568083_848439772_n.jpg

Is that #4? I love me some #4 (that's what I call her). She's a hottie.

Now back to the original post. If you take away the women's part then you might as well take away the cheerleaders and dance team. That leaves basically a smaller version of the Blue/White game with pyrotechnics and no defense. Might as well just go to the Blue/White game.

What else do you think they will do during the 2 hour time period? I doubt you get anymore basketball since Coach Cal wants them rested up for 2 practices the next day. Anyone who hates the women's part of the show should just go to the Blue/White game instead. There are always tickets available.

Anyone who can't tell this is a joke is a bit upright. It may be 2017, but sarcasm and satire are still hilarious, and my favorite form of comedy. If anything it makes fun of people who actually think that way, and the OP actually supports women by getting people to laugh at how ridiculous that is.

Unless I'm missing something on the poster's track record.

Reactions: Nubb16
Im' all for the women being a part of it and wouldn't change it but those saying they deserve it are like the participation trophy crowd.

If they deserve it, so does every team we field. Bring em all to madness. Why does the women' bball team deserve anything that say the chess team doesn't?

Last edited:
They're all just kids. They get to have these great memories for the rest of their lives. They got to meet Drake and take pictures with him. It's just a fun event.
There was not one thing from the men's version basketball wise on TV that gave me any clearer picture of the Team. It's just a glorified warm up for the fans. Just enjoy it.

I understand your concern.

Just tske this tried and true inoculation.

Line...line...dot...dot...OPERATION: Cootie Shot!

They're all just kids. They get to have these great memories for the rest of their lives. They got to meet Drake and take pictures with him. It's just a fun event.
There was not one thing from the men's version basketball wise on TV that gave me any clearer picture of the Team. It's just a glorified warm up for the fans. Just enjoy it.

Yeah, well said

Basketball had been proven in the SEC to be as much of a girls game as a guys game. The op bashes our 5-1 football team. Me thinks he has a small pee pee, and can't deal w it

I find I can no longer attend Big Blue Madness simply because I have no tolerance for watching women attempt to play basketball. I will tape it tonight and cut out the parts that are intolerable. It seems to me that if the women deserve to have such an event then they should be able to support themselves and draw the crowd who claims to enjoy watching them. Certainly not going to be me.
Take your pacifier and go to bed. Next thing you know they will want to have girls in the boy scouts.

Women's hoops isn't entertainment to me, but I have no problem at all with them having 30 minutes at BBM. They may have recruits attending, just like the men, so in that regard it could be very beneficial to them. It would be cool if Matthew Mitchell could elevate that program to a UCONN type of program.

As others have said, BBM is a celebration of the start of the season, nothing more, and in no way can you take anything away from it concerning how good Cal's team will be this year. We could be a Sweet 16 team, or we could win the whole damn thing.

This is going to be a fun ride watching this young team develop and grow over the course of the season.

The women's team works just as hard and deserve their time in front of TRUE fans of UK sports...which you clearly are not. I imagine you will cut out the cheerleading squad, smoke effects, player introductions and go to that glorified scrimmage of the men's team. SMH...[eyeroll]:thumbsdown:
I mostly agree with you but where's the crowd on game day?

Reactions: Wildcatfan2381
The girls work hard and deserve to be recognized by a large crowd.
What about the gol
It's a show, not a basketball game. If you think what the guys are doing is real basketball, it's probably best that you just keep sitting the event out altogether.

No one wants two hours of anything that happens at Madness. It's a celebration commemorating the start of the season. The Blue-White game is next week.

I think it says a lot that there are several reasons Madness isn't what you want it to be and yet you choose the one thing that's as much actual basketball as anything that happens to lash out against.

Maybe she'll come back one day, buddy. Hang in there.
youre 2 bit relationship counseling is not called for. Not cool or funny

I think it's actually good for the men's team to have the women participate. The men and women's teams mingle quite a bit. Not meaning dating. But they just hang out socially. They have a lot in common. The men's team is often among their biggest fans. They're going to want to see their friends are treated well also. That UK fans root for all teams. That the athletic department looks out for all athletes.

Not arguing it's the deciding factor by any means. But it's one of those little things that adds into the bigger experience.

Reactions: TIE543
Anyone who can't tell this is a joke is a bit upright. It may be 2017, but sarcasm and satire are still hilarious, and my favorite form of comedy. If anything it makes fun of people who actually think that way, and the OP actually supports women by getting people to laugh at how ridiculous that is.

Unless I'm missing something on the poster's track record.
It's not a joke and not sure how you glean this by what's written by the OP. This same post happens every year. If you don't like it don't watch it. Don't try and elevate your own self worth by trashing someone else. Especially someone that works harder than you to live their dreams. It comes off as being a petty jerk. But hey, some people need post like this to attract other self loathing A holes to comfort their miserable lives.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT