ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't we have a separte women's big blue madness, assuming they have to have one?

KentuckyRLD

Senior
Mar 30, 2007
I find I can no longer attend Big Blue Madness simply because I have no tolerance for watching women attempt to play basketball. I will tape it tonight and cut out the parts that are intolerable. It seems to me that if the women deserve to have such an event then they should be able to support themselves and draw the crowd who claims to enjoy watching them. Certainly not going to be me.

I find I can no longer attend Big Blue Madness simply because I have no tolerance for watching women attempt to play basketball. I will tape it tonight and cut out the parts that are intolerable. It seems to me that if the women deserve to have such an event then they should be able to support themselves and draw the crowd who claims to enjoy watching them. Certainly not going to be me.
Your gonna get FRIED like bologna on here. Watch out Title IX is looking for you now'

You don't even want to want to watch Mathew Mitchell's show?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not smart enough to show up at7:40? That's your problem.

The women's team works just as hard and deserve their time in front of TRUE fans of UK sports...which you clearly are not. I imagine you will cut out the cheerleading squad, smoke effects, player introductions and go to that glorified scrimmage of the men's team. SMH...[eyeroll]:thumbsdown:

In my defense, I coached girl's basketball, have a daughter and a soft spot for women's sports. They work just as hard as the men but often play to empty stands. I say give em a full house when you can.
I have worked hard all my life. When do I show up for mine. :cheers2:

Reactions: sambowieshin
STFU - so tired of this same gripe every freaking year. Mitchell ramped down his performance considerably this year and after that the women's portion was literally about 15 minutes. Can we all agree to just let this go?

he-man-woman-haters-club.jpg

I bet those women could smoke you in a game of basketball.

I think they do them together to try and promote more interest in the women's team.

I graduated from a HS and college where the women's teams were good and the men's teams were not, in fact we joked that the women's team could beat the men's team. The year after I graduated, the women's team were the national runners-up. And I can appreciate a good women's game. It's more real basketball, I prefer a nice back-door cut to a dunk.

Meh, OP doesn't like watching women play basketball. To each his own. I don't mind it, even went to a couple of games. I actually think its a purer form of the game. I don't think Naismith envisioned 7 foot players hanging on the peach basket when he positioned it 10 feet off the floor.

I enjoy watching women's basketball about as much as I love getting root canal. But couldn't you just socialize during that time? Shit I would watch the cats play any way I can. Even if I had to watch women's ball first. I was a little more interested when keyluh Snowden played for the lady cats because she was eye candy. Not that I disagree with op but this thread gonna get ugly lol

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
ADVERTISEMENT