ADVERTISEMENT

Why Calipari?

Stubborn.

Pride.

And pride comes before the fall.

Seriously. I think Cal is well aware of how the fans and media feel about Diallo getting the start and so many minutes. He has to also be aware of the objective reality that we are better with him on the bench. +\- numbers don’t lie. But he is determined to prove that he is smarter than everyone else. That he is worth the millions that he is paid.

Because we need him to get out of this funk he’s in.
You don’t just “get out” of being a selfish, unreliable, low IQ guy who can’t shoot or defend.

A “funk” is when a player who is normally solid struggles for a period of time. This is not a funk. This is who Diallo is and he will not be who we need him to be for the duration of his stay in Lexington.

It is really that simple.

Reactions: KFuqua and CB3UK
You don’t just “get out” of being a selfish, unreliable, low IQ guy who can’t shoot or defend.

A “funk” is when a player who is normally solid struggles for a period of time. This is not a funk. This is who Diallo is and he will not be who we need him to be for the duration of his stay in Lexington.

How many million did you make last year coaching?

That much huh?

Hami with another jump shot air ball!!?

Stubborn.

Pride.

And pride comes before the fall.

Seriously. I think Cal is well aware of how the fans and media feel about Diallo getting the start and so many minutes. He has to also be aware of the objective reality that we are better with him on the bench. +\- numbers don’t lie. But he is determined to prove that he is smarter than everyone else. That he is worth the millions that he is paid.
I remember when Jorts was in a funk; Cal didn’t give up on him. I remember when the twins were in a funk; Cal didn’t give up on them.

In fact, there is likely many times in Cal’s career where he did not give up on a player and it paid off.

Who TF would want to play for a coach that is going to give up on them???

Because we need him to get out of this funk he’s in.

Are you sure it's a funk, or is he maybe just not as good as we thought?

I mean, seriously, that's one hellaciously long funk if it's just a funk. Aren't funks supposed to be the exception to how a player typically plays, instead of the norm?

Reactions: morgousky
ryan harrow type player. heard how great they were the previous year and can't handle the pressure

I guess this idiot wants SGA and Quade to play the full 40 minutes. Hami only played 10. It's either him or Brad....or Jonny David...or....

Go figure. We need Hami on his game. We got fans trashing the coach, player and anybody not trashing coach and player. They almost act like embarrassed U6 fans trying to put our guys down cause they suck so bad.

Oh the worst poster in the world is back

@CincyUKFan terrible poster and even worse troll

This team and coach are up 7 with under 10 mins left, on the road at one of the toughest places to play in the country...... And you're bitching lol

Mods, why is Cincy UK still not banned? Worst poster on the board, obvious troll. I thought that was not allowed?

Are you sure it's a funk, or is he maybe just not as good as we thought?

I mean, seriously, that's one hellaciously long funk if it's just a funk. Aren't funks supposed to be the exception to how a player typically plays, instead of the norm?

Well, my opinion is we got a lot of funk and a little bit of Rodrick Rhodes going on. Gotta let coach manage his players to deal with something like that.

Agreed. He is who he is. I believe he's capable of being much better and Cal does too...which is why he's trying to force play him to help him mentally get over this. But at some point you need to put the best 5 out there and he isn't amongst them. We haven't seen anything all year feom Diallo to think he is going to suddenly start making intelligent plays and drop 30.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
I remember asking Tubby the same thing about Allen Edwards in February of 1998.

He was HUGE that March.

AE was a lock down defender who often drew and shut down the opponent's best offensive player. No offense, but Diallo is no Allen Edwards.

Hami played 10 minutes...Shai played 38 minutes and Quade 34 minutes. Cal has cut Hami to basically resting either of those two guards right now in rotation. Those minutes on the current roster are completely fine IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT