ADVERTISEMENT

Who's worse: Martin Shkreli or the Affluenza family?

Who's worse: Martin Shkreli or the Affluenza family?

• Shkreli

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Affluenza family

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

jamo0001

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2007
Martin Shkreli is the pharmaceutical CEO who jacked up the price of a life-saving cancer/AIDS drug to roughly 700% its previous price despite the fact the drug had been on the market for decades

"Affluenza" family defended their teenage son in court after he got drunk and plowed his truck into a group of pedestrians, killing four people, and the family now got caught helping him hide in a Mexican resort after he violated his parole.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Being someone that works in healthcare, specifically medical devices, the markup on drugs and devices is insane. Sometimes well above 700%. And while there are products that don't have those margins, the markup is ridiculous. This is nothing new to me. Maybe Shkreli is a punk, but the markup issue doesn't bother me.

To me, the "affluenza" kid is worse. Just a coddled, entitle brat whose parents constantly protect him. He should have spent some time in Mexico juicing because he's going to have a rough time in prison.

I posted this already, but didn't get anyone's thoughts on it.. but has anyone read Shkreli's response when the Tinder Girl called him out? I was hoping to get some thoughts on it, because on the surface, it sounds like he tried to do the right thing and it got tqisted 180 on him..

Not saying I believe him, but his "intentions" are intriguing.

kxswklswsdcogwxzksqs1zzm5ea4aiopwqws68m1puqyy1xzzpv1x7kjcbtrch5x.jpg

^ yeah but he was indicted for fraud, and he's a general douche. So I'd take what he says with a big lump of salt.

Reactions: _Chase_
The Affluenza family. Literally had a party the night before he was supposed to go to jail for the crime.

Now if Shkreli did actually plan to use the money on research and development on new drugs for the disease as he claimed, some justification could be made. I doubt he did that much, though. :angry:

The Affluenza kid for sure. Both he and his parents are worthless. Wish they would introduce them to El Chapo so they do not have to come back here. Just put them with the rest of the people that got in his way.

While I do not agree with what Shkreli did, people need to call out the entire healthcare/pharmacy companies. My wife is a pharmacist and what she sees is mind boggling.

shrekli was just following sop in the pharma business. i appreciate the outrage, but it should be aimed more at the system than at him.

Reactions: jamo0001
other pharma companies that do the exact same thing, but nobody notices since it never went "viral."
and because most companies are much more careful in how they go about it. plus, Shkreli just enjoys the attention, so he fed the flames.

Reactions: Willy4UK
The Affluenza kid for sure. Both he and his parents are worthless. Wish they would introduce them to El Chapo so they do not have to come back here. Just put them with the rest of the people that got in his way.

While I do not agree with what Shkreli did, people need to call out the entire healthcare/pharmacy companies. My wife is a pharmacist and what she sees is mind boggling.
I thought pharmacists were just ridiculously overpaid middlemen put there just to make the whole thing look legit...

What's the most absurd shit she routinely sees?

The price changes quarterly and annually. Insurance not covering some drugs that are extremely high but needed for a specific reason. No rhyme or reason except to make more money. She is out of the retail game now and is in clinical.

If one does an Internet search on the wacko Couch family, guess what, it appears that (source: Daily Entertainment News.Com)daddy Couch attended the University of Louisville. There are a number of people named Fred Couch from Kentucky. Only one with the name Frederick Anthony Couch came up. Perhaps, some of you with more search ability can verify wether the father actually attended UL, and may be from KY. I think adding his name to the recent UL bad citizen list would be hilarious.

Being someone that works in healthcare, specifically medical devices, the markup on drugs and devices is insane. Sometimes well above 700%. And while there are products that don't have those margins, the markup is ridiculous. This is nothing new to me. Maybe Shkreli is a punk, but the markup issue doesn't bother me.

To me, the "affluenza" kid is worse. Just a coddled, entitle brat whose parents constantly protect him. He should have spent some time in Mexico juicing because he's going to have a rough time in prison.
off topic, but what medical devices? I play in the same space

ADVERTISEMENT