ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the young secondary that POPS?

SosaUK87

Senior
Mar 28, 2021
Lexington, KY
As in, delivers them pads like a beast? I can’t remember. I thought it was Valentine but I don’t believe that’s it. I think he’s from Kentucky. Somebody help!

Huge brain fart.

Reactions: CGblue
I expect for him to play some hybrid linebacker this year to defend against spread offenses. He’s a versatile player that has the speed to cover and the size to thump. He has a bright future and could become prototype of defensive player moving ahead.

With significant time in the weight room, he’s going to shine!

Quick trivia: name Kentucky football’s other great DeVito!

Reactions: SosaUK87
Really? I had no idea. What was his final ranking out of HS? High 3 star?
His final HS ranking was a 5.6, 3 star. Criminal. IIRC he was a 4 star for at least the previous year & was ranked pretty highly as a DB. But, after he committed & his season ended he inexplicably dropped A LOT without having played a game or attended a camp. Like, over 100 spots. I think it’s bc he pretty much shut down his recruitment after committing & didn’t go to any camps or anything. But, IMO, he proved last season that the 4th star was more accurate & absolutely deserved.

His final HS ranking was a 5.6, 3 star. Criminal. IIRC he was a 4 star for at least the previous year & was ranked pretty highly as a DB. But, after he committed & his season ended he inexplicably dropped A LOT without having played a game or attended a camp. Like, over 100 spots. I think it’s bc he pretty much shut down his recruitment after committing & didn’t go to any camps or anything. But, IMO, he proved last season that the 4th star was more accurate & absolutely deserved.
Yeah I think I remember that. Makes me feel bad for the kids with all the politics involved with HS recruiting. Oh well, they get a chance to prove exactly who they are.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
It was clear very early Vito is going to be special. Serious question: how do some hit that hard like Vito? I mean it’s not like he’s huge or launches. I guess he’s just so solid and has great leverage and knows exactly where to hit an opponent to make them crumble. Like Spock or something

Really? I had no idea. What was his final ranking out of HS? High 3 star?
Yes, he sure was. He was a 4 Star at one point Army All American but it dropped towards the end. But yes, he was ranked #1 in the country as a RB and FS in 8th grade. He’s a kid that will play on Sunday.

I’m sure yall can find some film of him at Bowling Green Junior High as an 8th grader and understand why he was rated that high. It was eye popping. He was just so much bigger and faster than everyone but stopped growing a bit once he got to high school but was still obviously a very talented player.

I’m sure yall can find some film of him at Bowling Green Junior High as an 8th grader and understand why he was rated that high. It was eye popping. He was just so much bigger and faster than everyone but stopped growing a bit once he got to high school but was still obviously a very talented player.
He’s my fave younger dude on defense by far. Love a head hunter.

It was clear very early Vito is going to be special. Serious question: how do some hit that hard like Vito? I mean it’s not like he’s huge or launches. I guess he’s just so solid and has great leverage and knows exactly where to hit an opponent to make them crumble. Like Spock or something
I don't know if you remember Marlon Mccree? He was a big hitter for a smaller guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT