ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Oscar putting on blast?

If I was Wallace, I’d be a little pissed that Cal insists on trotting Wheeler out there to run the point instead of him while the team struggles. Wheeler is a back up PG, period. Lineup should be Wallace, Fredrick, Reeves, Livingston, Oscar. No low post plays for Oscar, he should score on offensive put backs and the occasional pick and pop. Playing this way would have this team in a top 4 seed in the tourney easily.

• Love
Reactions: westerncat
He’s just calling out guys who don’t play hard. He’s not talking about their faults, just their effort. For all his faults, you can’t say Oscar doesn’t play hard. There’s a big difference in talking about mistakes & deficiencies and talking about hustle.

Oscar needs to shut up. On Saturday's telecast we were told in the first minute that Cal emphasized to his players not to let Bediako get deeper than you when Alabama is on offense. But that's exactly what Oscar did multiple times in the first ten minutes. Then last night he looked lost on pick-and-rolls. His teammates see these things, too, and then hear him saying he begged Cal to play anybody, even walk-ons over some of these guys. Not a good look.
You missed the part where he said that includes himself like he did at Alabama.

Reactions: Finna_Go_HAM
So you think the issues this year is Cason Wallace ? You know the guy who has given effort on both ends and dove for loose balls. I could see if he was on the court pouting or half assing it but that’s not the case .
He’s the most physically gifted player on the team, and yes he’s dived on the floor a couple times. But he’s not a player to build around. If he’s your best player you are in deep trouble. In baseball scouting they call it make-up. You and I both know he cares zero about Kentucky and zero about anyone else.

Last edited:
If I was Wallace, I’d be a little pissed that Cal insists on trotting Wheeler out there to run the point instead of him while the team struggles. Wheeler is a back up PG, period. Lineup should be Wallace, Fredrick, Reeves, Livingston, Oscar. No low post plays for Oscar, he should score on offensive put backs and the occasional pick and pop. Playing this way would have this team in a top 4 seed in the tourney easily.
How do you not at least try something like that? Or how has Thiero played basically none with all the struggles.

As for the comment, the whole team lacks fight.

He’s the most physically gifted player on the team, and yes he’s dived on the floor a couple times. But he’s not a player to build around. If he’s your best player you are in deep trouble. In baseball scouting they call it make-up. You and I both know he cares zero about Kentucky and zero about anyone else.
I agree on the build around part . I believe he is somewhat limited offensively. I don’t know if it’s his game or because Cal never fully gave him the keys . As far as the cares zero about Kentucky I think that’s most 5 stars to begin with . Well I shouldn’t say they don’t care but their main priorities is getting to the next level which I can’t exactly blame them for .

How do you not at least try something like that? Or how has Thiero played basically none with all the struggles.

As for the comment, the whole team lacks fight.
Spacing would be optimal. Oscar is an Andre Drummond, Clint Capela type player and Cal insists on using him like he is Nikola Jokic. It’s coaching malpractice to play Collins, Ware or Oscar together.

Oscar and Wheeler seem to have good chemistry. I think it's Cason Wallace and I don't think Cason likes Cal.
Cason quit last night, we’re all just so mad at Cal that nobody wants to talk about it.

At the very least, he decided he couldn’t play with something that he’s been playing with all season up to this point.

Reactions: qwesley
I watched the bench reactions last night. On the rare occasion someone actually made a basket or a good defensive play. Toppin was the first guy to his feet cheering. Ware was as well when he was on the bench. No matter who made a play.
I'd say you can eliminate those two as being a problem.
Oscar needs to look in the mirror.
Oscar was really good at W.V. as a Freshman and was lazy on defense year 2. Sound familiar?
He will never be a great defender but last year he really worked hard on defense.
Maybe his knee isn't 100% Maybe it's NIl. Maybe it's a combo of both and playing for a idiot coach has beaten him down.
Yeah when CJ made that three they showed the bench. Nobody looked mad then, Iknow the kids care it just seems to late to make it matter and the players know it.

We tried to tell you Wallace was gonna be a Cancer last spring. What did some of yall say? ''Oh he just told the truth!'' Look at my signature. That's telling the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT