ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Oscar putting on blast?

Seems a lot say he and wheeler don’t get along. But I’ve also heard nobody gets along with Oscar.

Reactions: bluedom44
Livingston, Toppin, Collins, Reeves and Wallace. Toppin has gotten better, and obviously didn't play last night.

I don't think its Wallace, I suspect its someone that Oscar believes is keeping him from doing what he excels at on the court.

This is really strange man. Is Oscar a wolf in sheep's clothing?

Perhaps I'm speculating but you go back and look at Huggins comments it seems awful coincidental. Maybe it isn't as bad as being made out to be but something isn't right.
I think Oscar simply is straight forward (direct) and doesn't try to "soften" what he says. And that could just be a cultural thing. I do think us Americans (as a whole), compared to many other countries are less direct (although more direct than some countries). In fact my last employer, we had a 2 day workshop in Italy in July where this was a topic for 1/2 a day (cultural diversity, especially in communication), since we had staff in US, Italy, Germany, UK, Japan, Morocco, France.

Unless Wallace isn't really hurt.
That would be surprising. I think Wallace is the only bright spot from this entire team. After sharpe though nothing would surprise me. The culture has been completely changed. That fiasco seems to have ruined 2 seasons.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Yeah Cason Wallace is the cancer. I knew this year was toast when I saw his presser.

Thought it was funny some were getting hyped because we were working hungover 30-something year-old’s in the Bahamas who were probably going on 2.5 hours of sleep.
So much sarcasm on this board. Hard to know if you are or aren't being that.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Wallace was hurt and only played 8 minutes. So one would think you could eliminate him and toppin from who Oscar is referring to.
Agree.

Also, Cason the way he fights on defense, I don't think you can say he doesn't have fight to him.

Now Livingston, he's starting to give me the Poythress / Azubuike vibe. So maybe him?

Reactions: Jont0805
If Livingston was half the player as Azubuike I’d be ecstatic!
As a FR, Azuibuike 3.2ppg in 7.3mpg.
But my statement was more about the "look like Tarzan, play like Jane" line about him. You can see Livingston has "it". He just doesn't seem to always bring "it". And part of that is the apparent unwillingness to play PF. And last night with Toppin out was both a big need by us and opportunity for him at the 4.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
I don’t know about anyone else but I didn’t feel great about the overseas trips Oscar isolating from teammates for NIL opportunities. The moment that sticks out for me is for the Michigan game in London. The MOMENT they got there he put out a tweet about opening up his Cameo. I think there is much more than just the NIL stuff but that’s all I can see from a fan’s outsider perspective currently.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
I don’t know about anyone else but I didn’t feel great about the overseas trips Oscar isolating from teammates for NIL opportunities. The moment that sticks out for me is for the Michigan game in London. The MOMENT they got there he put out a tweet about opening up his Cameo. I think there is much more than just the NIL stuff but that’s all I can see from a fan’s outsider perspective currently.
Yep! No wonder Roy Williams, K, and Jay Wright retired. They knew this stuff was coming.

Wheeler didn’t pass the ball to Oscar in the 2nd half.
Unless Oscar sets up on the left block he ain’t getting shit from Wheeler. He can only go to his left. Plus he gets too deep to make a post entry. He’s just not a point guard that can have the ball in his hands the majority of the time and expect good results

Plus he can’t keep his man in front of him

• Love
Reactions: westerncat
Yeah Cason Wallace is the cancer. I knew this year was toast when I saw his presser.

Thought it was funny some were getting hyped because we were working hungover 30-something year-old’s in the Bahamas who were probably going on 2.5 hours of sleep.
So you think the issues this year is Cason Wallace ? You know the guy who has given effort on both ends and dove for loose balls. I could see if he was on the court pouting or half assing it but that’s not the case .

Don't let speculation or vibes become fact. I can't remember a worse defense performance than the first half last night.

Reactions: Finna_Go_HAM
I watched the bench reactions last night. On the rare occasion someone actually made a basket or a good defensive play. Toppin was the first guy to his feet cheering. Ware was as well when he was on the bench. No matter who made a play.
I'd say you can eliminate those two as being a problem.
Oscar needs to look in the mirror.
Oscar was really good at W.V. as a Freshman and was lazy on defense year 2. Sound familiar?
He will never be a great defender but last year he really worked hard on defense.
Maybe his knee isn't 100% Maybe it's NIl. Maybe it's a combo of both and playing for a idiot coach has beaten him down.

I think Oscar simply is straight forward (direct) and doesn't try to "soften" what he says. And that could just be a cultural thing. I do think us Americans (as a whole), compared to many other countries are less direct (although more direct than some countries). In fact my last employer, we had a 2 day workshop in Italy in July where this was a topic for 1/2 a day (cultural diversity, especially in communication), since we had staff in US, Italy, Germany, UK, Japan, Morocco, France.

That is actually a great point.

Oscar needs to shut up. On Saturday's telecast we were told in the first minute that Cal emphasized to his players not to let Bediako get deeper than you when Alabama is on offense. But that's exactly what Oscar did multiple times in the first ten minutes. Then last night he looked lost on pick-and-rolls. His teammates see these things, too, and then hear him saying he begged Cal to play anybody, even walk-ons over some of these guys. Not a good look.

ADVERTISEMENT