ADVERTISEMENT

Who goes. Who stays.

Green is a bust? Only you put him as a top tier guard coming in if you think this.

Seriously? Why cant everybody be John Wall...huh?

Amazing...

Lots of whining by you K Time...and its only speculation.
It’s ridiculous to call Green a bust at this point. He’s had a few really good games and a few bad ones where he looks inexperienced and a little lost. You know.....like a freshman.

I still think Knox, Diallo, Vanderbilt, and Gilgeous-Alexander all leave.

Knox is a first round pick, no reason to stay.

Diallo goes regardless of where he is projected. He will move on.

But, I think there is a chance that one or both of Vanderbilt and SGA return. They need first round guarantees to leave.

I would feel really good about our team next year if we can just get SGA back out of those four.

G Quickley/Green
G Gilgeous-Alexander/Baker
G Johnson/Herro
F Washington/Gabriel
F Richards/Killeya-Jones/Wynyard

That looks like a pretty good roster to me.

Reactions: gojvc
Let’s suppose everybody declares for the draft.

Diallo: Won’t be drafted. Will go anyway. G League or overseas.

Knox: Late 1st round. May come back and try for Lottery next year.
I think he stays.

Alexander: Late 1st round. May go because we have two guards coming in. I think he stays but may be gone.

Washington: Will be back.

Richards: 2nd round. I think he comes back. Hi

Green: Will be back.

Vanderbilt: Could go Late 1st round on potential alone. I think he stays but may be gone.

Gabriel: 2nd round. I think he comes back.

Jones: 2nd round. I think he comes back.

1 gone Diallo
1 probably Knox
2 maybe Alexander, Vanderbilt

6 will be back.

No offense but have you even looked at the mock drafts? Knox is lottery, SGA early 20s, and Diallo late 20s. No other player listed in 1st or 2nd round. We don't even have a player listed in 1st round of 2019 draft.

Last edited:
I still think Knox, Diallo, Vanderbilt, and Gilgeous-Alexander all leave.

Knox is a first round pick, no reason to stay.

Diallo goes regardless of where he is projected. He will move on.

But, I think there is a chance that one or both of Vanderbilt and SGA return. They need first round guarantees to leave.

I would feel really good about our team next year if we can just get SGA back out of those four.

G Quickley/Green
G Gilgeous-Alexander/Baker
G Johnson/Herro
F Washington/Gabriel
F Richards/Killeya-Jones/Wynyard

That looks like a pretty good roster to me.

I don't think Vando goes anywhere. He's got to prove he can at least score from somewhere on the court and he doesn't have much time left to do so. Not seeing him on any mocks in either round.

Now with that said, we both know that doesn't mean too much when it comes to our players but I just think this year is different. Going by Cal's recruiting and the team's play, I gotta think we are only losing Knox and Diallo for sure and likely SGA. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: brianpoe
Vanderbilt might be the worst offensive player Cal has ever gotten and I'm not exaggerating. He'll be back 100%. The other 3 I think go.
I agree. Unless he becomes Dennis Rodman on the glass I just simply can’t see him ever being a factor in the NBA. He’s that bad shooting the ball and that never gets all that much better.

Reactions: brianpoe
The mock drafts I've seen all have Knox, Diallo and SGA in the 1st round.

Name a Kentucky kid under Cal that was a projected 1st round pick and came back. Anyone?

So those 3 are gone.

My hope is we lose no one else. But I won't be shocked if Richards, Washington, Vanderbilt or Gabriel leave.

Who expected Humphries to leave last year?

None of these players should leave, but they will. The culture at UK now is that if you didn't go one and done, you've failed and I hate that. Diallo is gone, and I'm actually happy about that, but unfortunately, I believe Knox will go, too. Beyond that, they really shouldn't even be thinking about the NBA.

Who expected Humphries to leave last year?

I don't really know why Humphries left. I thought at one time it was said that he was home sick and wanted to go back home. That may have played a role in his decision as well.

But I also think that he knew he wouldn't get any playing time over Richards this year. Granted, Richards hasn't set the world on fire with his play. But do you really think Humphries would have played any better? And between Richards and Humphries who would have the highest NBA stock this year? Calipari is going to play the guy that has the most NBA potential to maximize that player's advertisement for the NBA. If you were in Humphries shoes, would you come back in that situation?

That's the same logic as to why I don't think many of these current players will be back next year. Maybe I'm wrong. The NBA doesn't draft sophomores (and they certainly don't draft juniors and seniors), they draft freshmen.

And before someone points it out, yes I'm aware that the NBA does draft juniors and seniors here and there. But take a look at the past few drafts, how many sophomores, juniors, and seniors were taken in the lottery or top 20 picks?

Gone Drafted or not Diallo
Gone Knox
Gone Vanderbilt NBA Drafts on Potenial
Gone SGA
Gone Richards same as Vanderbilt
Gone Gabriel overseas payday to help family

I think Green and PJ are only ones who come back. I hope I am dead wrong.
But we have all saw this before guys leaving who had no buisness leaving.

1. I can live with Knox leaving and I think we'd be OK w/o him next year.
2. I personally think Diallo would hurt more than help UK. Cal is too tempted to play higher rated kids and we have good SG options next year w/o Diallo.
3. The kid that I'll be pissed if he leaves is Shai. We really need him back to be a legit title contender next year. Green is a bust and will be marginally improved at UK but he's not a top tier PG ever at UK. But Shai is a long kid, good scorer at the rim and can grow into a hell of PG/SG next year.

I don't even know why we'd talk of anyone else leaving but given Cal's history...we'll lose 1-2 guys between Wenyen, Nick, Vanderbilt and PJ....and never a given than Sacha will look to transfer. So probably same old roster turnover crap is what I'd expect but hope I'm wrong.

SHAI would be deadly in the liggins role of the Knight team.

So in your first post you said by far the worst and now you are excluding two players. No need to give you my best shot. You debunked yourself. Thanks.
Jon Hoods knee blew up, and Stacey poole transferred. Sorry that devastating injury and never playing get thrown out. But please come up with some others I'll wait.

I cant imagine knox will have a good game with this bad foul trouble. You can probably assume this will game will work against him..

0fer for Knox. He has work to do. He cantc just coast to a lottery pick. NBA scouts aren't interested in complacent players who take minutes off. I I really think he's at a pivotal point.. He needs to go off 1 or 2 more times to solidify his stock and erase games like today.

Jon Hoods knee blew up, and Stacey poole transferred. Sorry that devastating injury and never playing get thrown out. But please come up with some others I'll wait.
Okay I'll give it a quick go.

Daniel Orton
Eloy Vargas
Jarrod Polson
DeAndre Liggins
Twany Beckham
Brian Long
Sam Malone
Willie Cauley-Stein
Tod Lanter
Dominique Hawkins
Marcus Lee
Isaac Humphries
E.J. Floreal
Tai Wynyard
Sasha Killeya-Jones
Hamidou Diallo
Dillon Pulliam
Brad Calipari
Jonny David

These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed a few.

Okay I'll give it a quick go.

Daniel Orton
Eloy Vargas
Jarrod Polson
DeAndre Liggins
Twany Beckham
Brian Long
Sam Malone
Willie Cauley-Stein
Tod Lanter
Dominique Hawkins
Marcus Lee
Isaac Humphries
E.J. Floreal
Tai Wynyard
Sasha Killeya-Jones
Hamidou Diallo
Dillon Pulliam
Brad Calipari
Jonny David

These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed a few.

I'd take brad shooting the ball any day for what its worth. Vando's jumper is more broke than Hami's and that's a major bricklayer. He's a good player but he would be great if he had a go to move except a bunny layup.

I'd take brad shooting the ball any day for what its worth. Vando's jumper is more broke than Hami's and that's a major bricklayer. He's a good player but he would be great if he had a go to move except a bunny layup.
Except the original comment was about offense not just shooting. Vando is the best rebounder and passer on the team. Both of those are important components to the offense. And for the record Brad is 0-5 from 3 this year.

I expect Knox, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Alexander gone

I expect more to leave, too, via x-fer. Wynyard goes back home, etc

I also expect a head scratcher such as Richards or Washington. I would say we are looking at 6-7 departures on the year. Hope it’s a wrong number

Reactions: doc4UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT