ADVERTISEMENT

Who Do You Feel Benefits More From The Comparison; Rex or Herro?

KYtotheCore

Senior
Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
With the split screens between the two during the game, for Tyler it's certainly an honorable comparison. Rex was a UK great. But I think Rex also benefits from the resurgence of his name with a more positive association with the UK program again. I know Rex has had his transgressions, but it's been a pleasant trip down memory lane.

Kinda like Whitney Houston's remake of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" song. Dolly made more money than Whitney from Houston's remake.

DUAs_kBWsAEgMUc.jpg
rex-chapman.jpg

Last edited:
Rex because it still keeps the p.o.s somewhat relevant.

With the split screens between the two during the game, for Tyler it's certainly an honorable comparison. Rex was a UK great. But I think Rex also benefits from the resurgence of his name with a more positive association with the UK program again. I know Rex has had his transgressions, but it's been a pleasant trip down memory lane.

Kinda like Whitney Houston's remake of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" song. Dolly made more money than Whitney from Houston's remake.

DUAs_kBWsAEgMUc.jpg
rex-chapman.jpg
I was at UK during Rex's years. My wife and I were at the BBM (literally midnight madness) when Rex was first introduced. Rex was a GREAT player. Dislike him if you want but Herro should be honored by the comparison.

whats the benefit of being compared to Rex for Herro?

He still has to go out and play. Comparison means zero for Herro.

Reactions: kat57
I was at UK during Rex's years. My wife and I were at the BBM (literally midnight madness) when Rex was first introduced. Rex was a GREAT player. Dislike him if you want but Herro should be honored by the comparison.
I was there also... great player.
And RP was also a great coach.
Rex is just trying to stay relevant...remember his stalking story s few years ago?

He is like RP, he can’t stop himself from talking. Just like when he was at UK.
He told anyone that would listen, except media; he was leaving after two years.
Then, he would give they “I love Uk”... to the media.
Looking back on his last 30 years and everything he had said and done...I don’t think he really wanted to go to UK and only embraces UK now (once again) for his benefit.

I hope Tyler turns out much better...

Jmo.

Reactions: blubo and 521cat
If Herro is as good as Rex Chapman we will be thrilled. Rex took over games and I remember in one early NCAA tourney game his Freshman year the announcer was complaining it wasn't fair because he was a NBA pro.

He’s neither he’s better than either Tyler herro

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I hope he turns out better than Sheppard and Chapman, but that’s a long way down the road. Chapman was an All American and Sheppard the MVP on a National Championship team. Pull back on the reins just a bit.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT