ADVERTISEMENT

Who did we screw?

Rupp'sRunt

All-American
Apr 19, 2008
I personally hope John Higgins (and NCAA) see what has transpired and will not let JH ref anymore UK basketball games under any circumstances, as this has to be a conflict of interest for him now. Idk how he could ever call a game for us fairly, not like he ever did.

Or will Higgins seek out UK games and try and hit us where it hurts, our basketball team. Idt it'd be smart of him to do as he's already had to deal with this headache and another screw job would only heighten tensions.

Sure do hope JH and UK are done seeing each other on the court, and if this is what it took to make it happen, So be it.

If he's smart, he'll either ask to be excused from future UK games or he'll call them in our favor(so there's no doubt) so he can avoid more wrath from BBN.

I have no doubts he'll be reffing some of our games once again next year. All of the scuttlebutt going on will not change a thing. jmo

Reactions: TeoJ
1m9pw7.jpg

How in the world could he be assigned to any of our games again, and not expect him to be biased...especially after this?

With that said, I fully expect to see him reffing our first marquee game next year.

The problem is his ref buddies may seek payback on his behalf. I assume they stick up for each other like cops.

How in the world could he be assigned to any of our games again, and not expect him to be biased...especially after this?

With that said, I fully expect to see him reffing our first marquee game next year.
The first time he refs a UK game, it will be the focus of the media and every call will be scrutinized.

Last edited:
The problem is his ref buddies may seek payback on his behalf. I assume they stick up for each other like cops.
I hope that JH is the least liked ref in that social circle. It wouldn't be to hard to believe as he's had other articles done about him before this and no other refs have.

Reactions: catben
NCAA hates us. Its a money making entity and UK ruins it by getting the best players in and out of the NCAA quick. They want top talent to stay and be money draws for multiple years and thats not our game. Im sure other things play into it, but they believe Cal isnt what they stand for.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
We screwed up by Rupp winning back in the day and having a better program that the east coast schools and big 10.

ADVERTISEMENT