ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you rooting against most in the UL-Indiana game?

I'm not prone to violence, but if I caught UL's public address guy sleeping I'd get some tweezers and yank out his nose hairs.

Reactions: hotelblue
Thanks, I don't think he will last very long at UL but who knows, maybe they will keep him as a favorite son.
I don’t either
He’s there simply to ride the sanctions out then they’ll hire a “real” coach

Hmmmmmm
While I’m no fan of UofL, I do like Padgett. I think he’s basically being used as a sacrificial lamb...no chance he’ll be more than interim. Still....
I like Miller too, but it’s IU.

Why do you have to make it so difficult OP?
But the lamb must be sacrificed or how else do we get lamb chops?

Reactions: Bkocats
Ha, was thinking of posting this topic.

UofL winning would help our SOS, but Indiana winning hurts the ACC. Hard to say.

Guess what, most IU fans feel the same way you do about Knight. He was fired and didn't leave on good terms with the fan base. Pitino was also fired but I am not sure that UL fans wouldn't take him back. I doubt IU would take Knight back. But who knows, maybe they would.

There's speculation every year before IU's version of Midnight Madness whether or not Knight will make a surprise appearance. I never said he was loved or anything, but if you think there's not a large, almost all 50+ year old, contingent of fans that still like him then I don't know what to tell ya, because there is.

Dakich talked about this on a KSR interview a few years ago.

I want IU to win over UL. UL can lose every game they plays as far as I am concerned.

These two dumpster fires are about equal. Would be a similar result in Bloomertown for IU.

Who is going to want to coach UofL?

They are going to be on probation for a long time, no more big money, no win at all costs AD and a bandwagon fan base.

No where to go but down for the Cards.

Reactions: Ugoff
I dislike Bob Knight more than Pitino and that's saying something. I know he hasn't been part of that program for decades, but I think Knight is a despicable human being. Quite a few of their fans still Pitino is just kinda pathetic to this point, but I don't think he's a garbage human being like Knight.

So I'll be wanting IU to lose. We're going to pound UL regardless of today and I know them winning will get their fans believing they have a chance against us. That will make our win even sweeter.

Just curious , why is Pitino not a garbage human being ?

For starters ... he cheated on his wife by having sex on a public restaurant table ... tried to keep it hush hush and paid for his mistresses abortion , was the ring leader / funneled prostitutes for underage children and basketball players in his dead brother in law’s dorm , along with cheating and offering to pay recruits $$ to commit to UL.

The Sypher debacle has Ricky winning the "garbage human being" derby going away.
Rick is a nasty SOB ...pond scum even
But he never said that if a woman is going to be raped (inevitable is the exact word) she may as well relax and enjoy it
As far as I know he also never physically abused players
That makes Knight far and away worse, IMO

Rick is a nasty SOB ...pond scum even
But he never said that if a woman is going to be raped (inevitable is the exact word) she may as well relax and enjoy it
As far as I know he also never physically abused players
That makes Knight far and away worse, IMO
Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there Cats, although I respect your opinion.
Forcing a stranger to abort > choking Neil Reid.

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there Cats, although I respect your opinion.
Forcing a stranger to abort > choking Neil Reid.
Fair enough...respect yours as well
TBH though, I have less than perfect confidence that anything in that situation was forced. She’s about as skanky as they come and she was trying to blackmail him. Doesn’t excuse his actions one bit. I just have trouble believing she was forced to do anything

Just curious , why is Pitino not a garbage human being ?

For starters ... he cheated on his wife by having sex on a public restaurant table ... tried to keep it hush hush and paid for his mistresses abortion , was the ring leader / funneled prostitutes for underage children and basketball players in his dead brother in law’s dorm , along with cheating and offering to pay recruits $$ to commit to UL.

I don't know maybe he is man. I said he was pathetic. Knight's a step above on my own personal "would punch in the face/trash human" scale in my mind. That's my opinion.

I dislike Bob Knight more than Pitino and that's saying something. I know he hasn't been part of that program for decades, but I think Knight is a despicable human being. Quite a few of their fans still Pitino is just kinda pathetic to this point, but I don't think he's a garbage human being like Knight.

So I'll be wanting IU to lose. We're going to pound UL regardless of today and I know them winning will get their fans believing they have a chance against us. That will make our win even sweeter.

Knight hates Indiana more than he hates Kentucky.

Knight hates Indiana more than he hates Kentucky.

Maybe he does...doesn't change the fact there's still many people there that like and/or respect him. It's delusional, but my Dad has many Indiana friends his age that like him to this day.

ADVERTISEMENT