ADVERTISEMENT

Which Surprised You The Most Knox or Bamba

Sawnee Cat

All-American
Aug 18, 2007
Florida Gulf Coast
Getting Knox from an ACC school or Losing Bamba to Texas.

I have to say I was more surprised we get Knox from ACC Duke or UNC. There was a little FSU talk at the end but that was only Seminoles dreaming.

I had heard a lot of chatter about Bamba to Texas so I was not shocked with the news.

No matter, we have a good group coming in

Both. Thought we had no shot at Knox and no way we wouldn't get Bamba, wish it would've went the way I thought.

Knox. Bamba has been pretty aloof this whole time. I wanted to get him, but he didn't really fit our profile.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I picked Knox to the floppers/trippers and the odd dude to UK. Didn't pick either to the cheaters or strippers.

Both shocked me.I thought Knox was for sure a Dukie but thought a chance at a title and playing with his supposed best friend Green meant Bamba was a Cat.I'll never understand that decision.

Knox hands down.

Texas was (obviously) a legitimate threat for Bamba. And it was reported for awhile it was either Texas or UK.

we already have a deep front court so not getting bamba is less of a shock imo. it will always come as a surprise though that we didn't get a guy like him being so close.

Both. I never even considered Knox an option so never was concerned with his recruitment. And the opposite is true of bamba. Just always assumed he would wind up here and so i didn't follow the ups and downs of his recruitment.

Both. I never even considered Knox an option so never was concerned with his recruitment. And the opposite is true of bamba. Just always assumed he would wind up here and so i didn't follow the ups and downs of his recruitment.
LOL,I like your username.

As about everyone said, Bamba kept it close to the vest and wasn't saying anything.

How does one explain the sudden swing of the prognosticators switching to Texas if that was the case?

Both. Thought we had no shot at Knox and no way we wouldn't get Bamba, wish it would've went the way I thought.
Why do you wish it would have gone the other way?

Knox fills more of a need as an outside scorer. He has a more versatile skillset. And most importantly wanted to play at Kentucky.

Bamba was a luxury, we didn't have a glaring need in the post. He wants to play the 4 even though his natural skillset is in the post. And he was torn between UK and Texas, and chose Texas.

I'm glad it went the way it did. Our roster is more complete with Knox and no Bamba, than it would have been with Bamba and no Knox.

Cal's best teams dominate defensively, his defense is built around a true rim protector, we just lost arguably the best one he's ever recruited, therefore.....

No Diallo and no Bamba means no dominant defense which means no championship. You'll see.

Reactions: kyups01
Cal's best teams dominate defensively, his defense is built around a true rim protector, we just lost arguably the best one he's ever recruited, therefore.....

No Diallo and no Bamba means no dominant defense which means no championship. You'll see.
I don't know how you can say Bamba is definitely a better rim protector than Richards. Everything you read about Richards says rim protecting is a strength of his. He has better measurements and athleticism than Noel had when he came to UK.

Or for that matter how is Bamba a better rim protector than Davis, Noel, or WCS.

Bamba was a nice prospect, and should end up a better NBA player. However, during their brief stays in college, I don't see how Bamba will have more of an impact than Richards. He may not even be good enough to get Texas to the NCAA tournament.

Knox, though it's close.

Knox was always NOT going to UK.
Bamba felt like a done deal to UK and then all the tea leaves started saying Texas, and it definitely gives you pause.

Knox just because most of the experts said UK was the long shot for him. Bamba, I figured was either UK bound or wanted to just be the man and go to Texas

Knox because 0 ppl picked us to get him. I honestly think Bamba didn't want the spotlight here, and he's really good friends with Shaka

Bamba by a little bit. My estimated percentage of getting Knox was greater than my guess of the chance we don't land Bamba.

Plus, Knox only increased the odds of Bamba coming to me. I told myself he was just wanting to big splash his announcement, when objectively the shelf life on the Knox bump theory was probably a week or so.

Silly little lies we can tell to ourselves sometimes. Still, I'm not like shocked or anything and do think we will still be able to put together a real opportunity.
It does make it super desirable to pull Johnson out of the fire and get Diallo back so we can put out a vicious "positionless" 2-4 deep rotation.

Easy for me- Knox. Loaded up already with guys who can play the 3 so it was surprising he picked us. Thinking maybe it was Fl St.
Bamba was no surprise because he said a while back he wanted to play the pf position. He loves shooting 3's and Cal would have parked him within 10' of the basket.

ADVERTISEMENT