ADVERTISEMENT

which is better ? Men's basketball 1948-1949 or volleyball 2017 ?

wildcatharry

Junior
May 25, 2007
I can remember my dad telling me of the "Fabulous Five in Rupp's days and that was the golden era of basketball in his opinion. I just returned home from Kentucky's amazing run in the 2017 NCAA tournament in volleyball and could not help but think this is the golden era of UK Volleyball.
What a great team we have with Leah Edmonds, Madison Lilley, Kaz Brown, Emily Franklin, Brook Morgan and Ashley Dusek. I am witnessing greatness before my very eyes.
If you have a chance to go to Memorial Coliseum tomorrow at 4 PM you won't regret it. They are that good.

I watched the match on tv today.
I have to admit, it was fun and exciting.
One more win and they're on to the Final Four.
GBB

The 1913 Pittsburgh Pirates.
1908 Cubs.

Although in reality, if you really want to drill down to the most dominant professional sports team ever assembled, it's hard to wrong with the Yankees from 1936-1939. 39 being the absolute peak.

Post team photos of both in their uniforms. The answer will be obvious at that time.

Reactions: Nubb16
Are there legit volley ball fans? Or does everyone here just tune in for college girls in shorty shorts?

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Are there legit volley ball fans? Or does everyone here just tune in for college girls in shorty shorts?

BWIf9jo
T&A. TIA

Well the old timers won back to back National Championships. So the volley ball team has a way to go before comparing them to Kentucky's most famous basketball team. The basketball team also played in the Olympics and won a gold medal.

I am pulling for the women to bring UK a title this year. That would be an outstanding accomplishment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT