ADVERTISEMENT

Where Does Pitino Go From Here?

2Adulterers

Senior
Aug 11, 2015
What is his next move...he is on ESPN begging for folks to understand him and take his
side as the Victim..Will any school feel like they can trust a guy with 2 major scandals on his rap sheet? The FBI has just subpoenaed Rick all he has left is barrels of $$$$$..
Sorry Ricky you had it made with Turtleneck as your bag man now he's toast..
Karma is a ....Remember the "got Pitino" t-shirts bet uavel fans wish they never heard of you..

Easy answer...
BtfXJ0e.png

Yeah, a couple days ago we were discussing his prospects as a CBB analyst for ESPN or CBS, perhaps during the NCAA-T some day. I think it's possible someone might take a chance on him, but probably not very soon. The FBI investigation is ongoing, so that will have to be over. The NCAA investigation which must follow will take a long time also. So, I'm thinking it will be a while before he gets any calls.

As for other coaching jobs, as far as the NCAA is concerned, he will likely not be allowed to coach for a long time if everything that is alleged is found to be true. (and we all know it's true) Even after the NCAA would allow it, I don't believe any major program would hire him. There is too much risk. Rick would want full control and who would give him that? I don't think a big name program would touch him with a 10-foot pole. That leaves the smaller schools, and I think the main reason that wouldn't happen is Rick's EGO. Would Rick swallow his pride and take a job at a lesser school? I just don't see it happening. Imagine Rick Pitino coaching at Arkansas State or Southern Miss. Right, not happening.

Rick's best chance at coaching would likely come in the NBA. But he's flamed out there twice already. And he would want control, too. Who would offer him a head coaching job? He's 65 right now, so his best years are likely behind him. Would he take an assistant job? Again, pride would stop that from ever happening.

If the man could suppress his ego, he's made enough money to ride off into the sunset, but I have a feeling we'll see him again in the public eye.

Uh, well, he's not exactly in the poor house. In my eyes there's really only one thing to do. Disappear.
He has a stupid amount of money and now he no longer has to work or deal with the stresses of winning.
Don't fall for his "whoa is me" crap, that guy is skipping down the road right now laughing like an a$$hole.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I could see him ending up on little ricky's staff as an asst., but his ego wouldn't allow him to go 2nd fiddle to any other

A smart man would lay low for a year or two. Maybe do some charity appearances and then get a job as a TV analyst. Rick unfortunately isn't charitable or humble enough to lay low.

A smart man would lay low for a year or two. Maybe do some charity appearances and then get a job as a TV analyst. Rick unfortunately isn't charitable or humble enough to lay low.
Not "hopefully" for me. I despise Rick, but prison is pretty harsh.
But I hope he suffers the consequences of losing his reputation and involvement in the Game.

Not "hopefully" for me. I despise Rick, but prison is pretty harsh.
But I hope he suffers the consequences of losing his reputation and involvement in the Game.
If you're reading this confused like I was, well he meant to quote the other guy up there.

Yeah, a couple days ago we were discussing his prospects as a CBB analyst for ESPN or CBS, perhaps during the NCAA-T some day. I think it's possible someone might take a chance on him, but probably not very soon. The FBI investigation is ongoing, so that will have to be over. The NCAA investigation which must follow will take a long time also. So, I'm thinking it will be a while before he gets any calls.

As for other coaching jobs, as far as the NCAA is concerned, he will likely not be allowed to coach for a long time if everything that is alleged is found to be true. (and we all know it's true) Even after the NCAA would allow it, I don't believe any major program would hire him. There is too much risk. Rick would want full control and who would give him that? I don't think a big name program would touch him with a 10-foot pole. That leaves the smaller schools, and I think the main reason that wouldn't happen is Rick's EGO. Would Rick swallow his pride and take a job at a lesser school? I just don't see it happening. Imagine Rick Pitino coaching at Arkansas State or Southern Miss. Right, not happening.

Rick's best chance at coaching would likely come in the NBA. But he's flamed out there twice already. And he would want control, too. Who would offer him a head coaching job? He's 65 right now, so his best years are likely behind him. Would he take an assistant job? Again, pride would stop that from ever happening.

If the man could suppress his ego, he's made enough money to ride off into the sunset, but I have a feeling we'll see him again in the public eye.

Watch them throw parades to welcome him back to campus as Padgett's assistant after all the smoke is cleared. It will be billed as a genius move and he'll take a pay cut down to $3 mill a year.

As crooked and as utterly despicable as the NCAA is....i see him possibly coaching again, possibly at a small school in the Big East.

However, if i was him id be making amends to my family and get out of the spotlight forever and just be a family man but I'm not sure he has that in him

He doesn't even know who fired him..He blames the BOT for locking him out of his office when it was the Athletic Board of Directors who canned him..Poor Rick he's really lost it..:chairshot:

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
HC at UNLV in a couple of years. He will want to go out a winner because his ego won't let him stop. A dirty place like UNLV will be desperate enough to hire Pitino to become relevant again.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Time to coach in the old country. Euro-Italia league. He will be so dominant over there. And they would welcome him with open arms. These are not scandals by European standards. I can hear him now in a couple, three years talking about how Euro is so much better than NBA and the reasons the NBA is afraid to play Euro league teams is blah blah blah.

Rehab. The scum from UL put him in this spot. The corruption from that university took a once good man and turned him into a lying, cheating, prostituting scumbag capable of the most unthinkable acts of perversion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT