ADVERTISEMENT

Where Does Cal Have To Finish This Upcoming Season To Stay at UK? (You are the AD)

Where Does Cal Have To Finish This Year To Stay at UK?

• Total voters
How and why would or could they bounce him? There is no failure to perform relative to the articles of the contract. Fans in generate not party to the contract. Neither the university nor the coach is subject to the whims nor outrageous demands of mob like fans. In fact, the topic is laughable given the pronounced improvement of the program last year versus the prior year. He will be coach for years unless he alone decides otherwise.
As I said, Lord Calipari isn't going anywhere! Barnhart made sure of that. Your King can do whatever he wants to UK BB and there's nothing anyone can do about it. So all the talk about Lord Calipari leaving...or ever getting fired is just noise.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
And KYBASS...let me add one more thing. You and Lowcountry are a lot alike. LC wants Calipari gone...and you love Claipari and you will fight for him until the end despite what happens to UK BB...extremism!

But you're polar opposites.

But I will say again...Calipari IS NOT UK BB. Calipari needs to get his shit together and focus on the University that he works for...but I'm guessing that he really doesn't care about that.

Calipari isn't getting fired but in the real world, anything less than the Elite 8 should see him bounced out of UK based on the last few years. And for the Calipari Brigade...UK isn't Kansas State. We real fans take college BB seriously. You Calipari worshiper clowns only take your Highness seriously.

Unfortunately, Barnhart screwed that up with the lifetime contract.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in a car dealership when 'ole Barney comes in to buy a new car? 🤑

Reactions: kywildcat41086
As I said, Lord Calipari isn't going anywhere! Barnhart made sure of that. Your King can do whatever he wants to UK BB and there's nothing anyone can do about it. So all the talk about Lord Calipari leaving...or ever getting fired is just noise.
But this statement is equally as ludicrous. He is nobody’s lord. That is just melodramatic mewling. The university of KY has established him as the coach. There is no King, there is the indisputable leader of Kentucky basketball as determined by KY basketball. With all the pissing asnd moaning, I am beginning to understand why KY did this. This keeps everyone out of their business. It keeps the little despots in the fanbase in their place. Basically, you can line it, leave it or just cry. That’s your choices.

And KYBASS...let me add one more thing. You and Lowcountry are a lot alike. LC wants Calipari gone...and you love Claipari and you will fight for him until the end despite what happens to UK BB...extremism!

But you're polar opposites.

But I will say again...Calipari IS NOT UK BB. Calipari needs to get his shit together and focus on the University that he works for...but I'm guessing that he really doesn't care about that.
H
He is, actually. They have defined it so. What is not KY basketball are a segment of KY fans that can’t cope and try to dictate terms to KY basketball.

If I were the AD I'd expect Cal to deliver at least an EE this season. I orginally voted FF, but EE would be the minimum.

I was here for the Tubby wars, and that was bad, but this may be worse. I'll never understand the ones defending Cal while he slowly destroys the program.
It IS possible to be a fan of the team/program while not supporting the coach; it literally occurs in all sports at all levels, it just does.

I will always support my Kentucky Wildcats through thick and thin, just as we all did who were around during the probation years. Being critical of the head coach does not mean one is being critical of the team, that's simply illogical.

sure. You can be critical of Cal and not of the team. You could like the team and not Cal. You could say you support the team but not Cal.

But when it’s all said and done the coach always gets excessive credit when a team does well and excessive blame when a team doesn’t. UK being successful makes Cal a success. If this team wins a title, that’s two for Cal. That puts him in rare company no matter whether you like him or not. Conversely if this team doesn’t turn it around Cal gets the blame. That’s just how this works. Both are intertwined

You could want the team to be a success but not Cal but there’s really no scenario where thst becomes a reality.

Depends on how you define punitive. Recovery of damages is common place. Lost revenues, wages, etc. Now I agree that additional nX punitive damages are not common. Further, malicious breech or negligence can lead to additional compensation.

The glib, nope, never blather is BS. Anything can and does happen in a court of law. Google is your friend. Just a few minutes research would save you from asinine statements. Or go live in California, the specifically preclude punitive damages for pedestrian type contract breech.
You're flat wrong. There is no "depends how you define punitive damages." You can get reliance or expectancy damages for breach of contract - not punitive damages. Send me a case from anywhere in the country that says otherwise. "Malicious breach" cannot lead to punitive damages because there is no such thing. Similarly, your throwing around legal jargon you do not understand is not helpful to your point because negligence is not breach of contract. Fundamentally different. And there no such "negligent breach." Google (your friend) the "economic loss doctrine." And then come back here and admit you are 100%, indisputably wrong...something you have never done in the history of this board. But this one is not arguable....and it's not a close call.

You're flat wrong. There is no "depends how you define punitive damages." You can get reliance or expectancy damages for breach of contract - not punitive damages. Send me a case from anywhere in the country that says otherwise. "Malicious breach" cannot lead to punitive damages because there is no such thing. Similarly, your throwing around legal jargon you do not understand is not helpful to your point because negligence is not breach of contract. Fundamentally different. And there no such "negligent breach." Google (your friend) the "economic loss doctrine." And then come back here and admit you are 100%, indisputably wrong...something you have never done in the history of this board. But this one is not arguable....and it's not a close call.
I ain’t sending you crap. Can’t you google at all? I saw plenty of cases. In fact the only state I could find where it is prohibited is call and they are crazy. It’s not common but it happens.

Gutless Wonder
You should stay out of this one. You struggle reading your own insults at pers. You’ll get ripped on subtle legal terminology.

You should stick to your acct’s purpose. Keeping your main account from getting banned. Morgy, I expect.

Last edited:
You should stay out of this one. You struggle reading your own insults at pers. You’ll get ripped on subtle legal terminology.

You should stick to your acct’s purpose. Keeping your in account from getting banned. Morgy, I expect.
what ?? that post cannot even be read....and I know you want me to stay away, cuz I am right

sure. You can be critical of Cal and not of the team. You could like the team and not Cal. You could say you support the team but not Cal.

But when it’s all said and done the coach always gets excessive credit when a team does well and excessive blame when a team doesn’t. UK being successful makes Cal a success. If this team wins a title, that’s two for Cal. That puts him in rare company no matter whether you like him or not. Conversely if this team doesn’t turn it around Cal gets the blame. That’s just how this works. Both are intertwined

You could want the team to be a success but not Cal but there’s really no scenario where thst becomes a reality.
I agree sir, fair point. I'm just of the opinion that Cal is no longer the guy for the job for most of the reasons we discuss here daily.
Of course, I hope like hell he is successful because then UK is as well, but at this point I have my doubts.

You should stick to your acct’s purpose. Keeping your main account from getting banned. Morgy, I expect.
What is "pers." and what state is "call?" Try typing with more than one finger and without moving your mouth.

Wait - you're claiming hot dog fingers as your excuse but then you admit you're just too lazy to proofread?

Make up your mind, Sybil.
I’m saying you are worth anyones time, Lowcut/Crychicken/hurtwhiny. Why waste time on proper English one a guy that focuses on a college coaches privates with a alt account.

I’m saying you are worth anyones time, Lowcut/Crychicken/hurtwhiny. Why waste time on proper English one a guy that focuses on a college coaches privates with a alt account.
I know I'm worth anyone's time, Sybil.

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm sure it hurt to say, but still...truth is truth.

I know I'm worth anyone's time, Sybil.

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm sure it hurt to say, but still...truth is truth.
It’s funny, you’ve tried every name for me in the book. None seem to stick. Only your deceptive use of alts and yiu obsession with a certain coaches privates seem constant. Why is that Morgy err, Lowcut/Crychicken/hurtwhiny?

We all know that a great deal of the fan base is unsatisfied with Cal currently.

We also know that at the moment, Cal will be here this upcoming season (unless something crazy occurs).

So, you get to be Mitch. You can’t fire Cal at present. No funds available. But you’re making preparations for the end of next season.

If you are Mitch, where must Cal lead the team next year to keep his position?
He can lose every game and still be here unless someone comes up with $$$$$$$$ million for a buyout.

ADVERTISEMENT