ADVERTISEMENT

When will Snell, Conrad and the others come out and

Come out?

Poor choice of words in title... got a little nervous.

I wish they all would say that they doubt that they will play.

And then, they come out on the field dressed, ready to play, then see the fear in the eyes of the Penn players.

This is just a really awful post. Your pessimism is on full display and is of no help in any way.

I hope none come out,not that theirs anything wrong with that.

I respect the players decision, even if they don't want to play in the Bowl game. I see it both ways! I know they want to play, but I also realize they are talking about their future, and a lot of money. I don't fault them for whatever decision they make. I just thank them for the time, and play they have given to UK football. I realize we would not have the record we have, without them. I wish them the best of luck, regardless of their decision.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Why can no one spell our players names right its benny, not bennie.

If Im an NFL owner looking to draft some good players, then I want a player that will support his team and play....I would want team players and not ME players...

I kind of wish Josh and Benny didn't play at all in the bowl. Those guys getting drafted high and having success will have more benefits for our football program than a meaningless bowl game ever will. Hopefully they'll stay healthy during the game and it will work out but the worst case scenario is those guys getting hurt and losing out on a future in the NFL. The worst statement for our school right now is that we may have more guys getting drafted this draft than we've had drafted in the last 10 drafts. That's a trend we can't have continue. We need to have a history of success in the NFL.

No news is Good news, though, Snell has already said he was playing.
IIRC, What Allen said fairly covered everybody else.
do you think Wyndham's hit on Tebow would be called targeting now?

He'd probably get thrown out for the rest of the season.

I respect the players decision, even if they don't want to play in the Bowl game. I see it both ways! I know they want to play, but I also realize they are talking about their future, and a lot of money. I don't fault them for whatever decision they make. I just thank them for the time, and play they have given to UK football. I realize we would not have the record we have, without them. I wish them the best of luck, regardless of their decision.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

To hell with any player that sits out this bowl game to prepare for the draft.. You could have a car wreck and break your neck before the draft, this is Kentucky, no one wants to see that weak crap!

I certainly hope everyone participates in the bowl game. But, let's say for a second that the fans never get the word. They all make hotel reservations, purchase tickets, make travel plans and say it gets to be the night before the game and the school releases a statement saying Benny, Josh and CJ will all be sitting out the game. Or maybe it isn't known until game day or maybe, they just never go in during the game.

How would most folks feel about such a scenario?

I certainly don't think UK or those 3 guys would do that. What do you think? Obviously, the bowl and UK wants to get as many fans to the game as possible. That would be a dirty and underhanded way to do things, but it would be a way nonetheless. Just curious what people would think.

I certainly hope everyone participates in the bowl game. But, let's say for a second that the fans never get the word. They all make hotel reservations, purchase tickets, make travel plans and say it gets to be the night before the game and the school releases a statement saying Benny, Josh and CJ will all be sitting out the game. Or maybe it isn't known until game day or maybe, they just never go in during the game.

How would most folks feel about such a scenario?

I certainly don't think UK or those 3 guys would do that. What do you think? Obviously, the bowl and UK wants to get as many fans to the game as possible. That would be a dirty and underhanded way to do things, but it would be a way nonetheless. Just curious what people would think.
I'd be pissed, mainly because they tricked us by not letting us know.

Allen already has, so I can’t imagine a third or a 4th round pick like Benny is even thinking about not playing.

CJ can’t possibly be thinking he’s too special to play, considering a lottery pick like Allen is all in.

Agreed, it would just be nice if Snell and Conrad and say Edwards, Bunchy and Big George let everyone know they were playing ala Allen. I think it would help ticket sales.

Like I said earlier, I believe with a full compliment of players, UK beats Penn St and beats them rather handily.

Agreed, it would just be nice if Snell and Conrad and say Edwards, Bunchy and Big George let everyone know they were playing ala Allen. I think it would help ticket sales.

Like I said earlier, I believe with a full compliment of players, UK beats Penn St and beats them rather handily.
Maybe they don’t think it’s necessary to declare that they’re playing.

I don’t know who started this skipping bowl game nonsense in the first place.

I thought of that too Kev.
Maybe in his next presser Stoops could say everyone is playing.

The injury to Notre Dame Linebacker Jaylon Smith started this in the Fiesta Bowl...he went from a Top 5 Overall Pick to the 2nd Round to the Dallas Cowboys...literally cost himself millions when he blew out his knee against Ohio State

The first two that started sitting out were Christian McCaffery who sat out the Sun Bowl and Leonard Fournette who sat out the Citrus Bowl...it didn’t hurt their Draft stock...both went Top 8 in 2016

Last year Josh Rosen, Denzel Ward, Derwin James and Jaire Alexander lead the charge of players that sat out their Bowl games. All 4 went 1st Round & Playing well in the NFL. NFL Exes understand and don’t hold it against players sitting out. They realize it is a business decision. With Will Grier he has a wife and child to think about...plus his starting left tackle is also sitting out the Camping World Bowl.

Last edited:
put to rest any doubts that they are skipping the bowl?

Bowl practice has already begun for the Cats.

Players generally don't announce they ARE playing in a game so you have to take for granted they are playing if they haven't said they aren't.

RV,do you know if they are all practicing?Asking for myself.

Bowl practice has already begun for the Cats.

Players generally don't announce they ARE playing in a game so you have to take for granted they are playing if they haven't said they aren't.
I understand that, but this is new territory for us. I honestly don't think we will know until right up to game time who is playing and who isn't. A lot depends how things go in practice.

ADVERTISEMENT