ADVERTISEMENT

When did they take the rule out about balls having to be catchable for PI?

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
Please keep your "it's still a rule" comments to yourself because it's not. It's one of those "if a tree falls in the woods" things. If a rule is on the books but it's never, ever called is it still a rule. The one in the LSU-Ole Miss game wasn't even close. The ball landed at least 5 yards out of bounds and they still called PI. If you say it's still a rule tell me the last time you have seen it called.

I’ve seen them pick uncatchable PI flags up all the time but in the SEC it just means more. Great call for me, I need LSU to cover. Great crew they got here besides the bogus first down they just gave Cali Dart.

I’ve seen them pick uncatchable PI flags up all the time but in the SEC it just means more. Great call for me, I need LSU to cover. Great crew they got here besides the bogus first down they just gave Cali Dart.
I bet on LSU too so that shows just how bad I thought the call was.

Reactions: SaltyCat22
I generally don't like to complain about officials but this has been one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a long time. I'm pretty sure you would get called for unsportsmanlike conduct if you called a player on the other team a poopy face.

I think we’re pretty safe but in future if we bet on the same team please be careful. Jinxing is more dangerous than Covid-19 was.
So is cooties. Way more dangerous.

I know, Brave words from a guy that got his 2nd covid booster on Thursday.

We could have beat Olemiss the same way if we ran CRod like we should have and had more RPO. Our offense from last season would have beat Olemiss by 14+. Hopefully Scang realized in the MSU game what a weapon CRod actually is and we are closer to 60/40-R/P moving forward

Matt House's LSU D shut down Ole Miss from the 2D Q on. Fun fact: LSU starts not one but TWO true freshmen OTs in their OL. Our 5* OT everybody and their uncle wanted can't get off the bench.

James H. Carter’s crew is the worst in the SEC. Officiated the Mizzou/Vandy game. Awful human being. Hope he gets the flu, Covid, and West Nile virus all at once if he ever gets assigned to one of our games.

ADVERTISEMENT