ADVERTISEMENT

when coach is replaced

Yea. It’s called being the best and coaches want to be here. Pitino left the Knicks, Hall never left for another head coaching job, Calipari left an easy job where he was recruiting elite talent and just walked out of a title game.

Scott Drew has never been offered a job like Kentucky. Quit acting like you know him, he’d do what most would do and chase the dream.
Yeah, that worked out well for Billy Donovan to UK and Jay Wright to UCLA didnt it? They really wanted to chase the dream to go to a top coaching job.

Reactions: kybassfan
UCLA Isn’t a blue blood anymore and has tons of disadvantages. You suck at this you always do.

Billy Donovan wanted the UK job even after winning his ship at Florida. His wife was the one that put the dagger in it and since he wanted to go pro eventually anyway he didn’t do it. Had nothing to do with Florida.

Your debating on these issues is always so poor. It’s almost so bad it has to be trolling.
Man, im actually surprised (even for you) of how you are trying to spin the Billy D one, good work. Also forgot the Tony Bennet to UCLA one as well, my apologizes. Its funny how you are calling me poor at debating when I give you like 5 or 6 reasons of why Scott wouldnt leave, and the only one you give is "Because we are UK". This is 2022. None of these brands have the same shine as they once did.

Man, im actually surprised (even for you) of how you are trying to spin the Billy D one, good work. Also forgot the Tony Bennet to UCLA one as well, my apologizes. Its funny how you are calling me poor at debating when I give you like 5 or 6 reasons of why Scott wouldnt leave, and the only one you give is "Because we are UK". This is 2022. None of these brands have the same shine as they once did.

I didn’t spin anything Billy Donovan wanted the UK job and UK actually had a contract being drawn up. I’m sorry you were too young to be around at that time but TBK had the goods on that and it is what it is.

You have zero reasons by Drew wouldn’t want the UK job. None. Coaches have left their jobs for places like Kentucky forever 2022 is no different.

My other post flatlined you that’s why you didn’t even touch Calipari coming here. You would have been one of the ones claiming he’d never leave that easy job where he recruited top talent and played for titles. Well he’s here.

I didn’t spin anything Billy Donovan wanted the UK job and UK actually had a contract being drawn up. I’m sorry you were too young to be around at that time but TBK had the goods on that and it is what it is.

You have zero reasons by Drew wouldn’t want the UK job. None. Coaches have left their jobs for places like Kentucky forever 2022 is no different.

My other post flatlined you that’s why you didn’t even touch Calipari coming here. You would have been one of the ones claiming he’d never leave that easy job where he recruited top talent and played for titles. Well he’s here.
Cal had 4 different jobs in the previous 13 years before he got to UK and never won a championship. Scott Drew has held 1 job in the past 20 years and has won a championship.

Where do you nut cases come up with this crap? I’m sick and tired of you sorry ass fair weather fans who only want to bitch and whine. Get a new coach to bash. You’re no fan and your an embarrassment to the BBN,
The embarrassment is the people who are condoning what has been going on the past few years and are ok with UK being second tier because that's supposed to be the acceptable way now because high expectations are considered "toxic". Cal knew how high expectations were here and stated thats why he wanted the job in the first place, and he seemed to embrace it for at least the first 6 years but now mocks people for the same high expectations that he once credited them for having to create the environment that he wanted to work in.
We have a coach who is paid a lot of money to win and has supposedly stated that his mission differs from that now. That would be like me showing up to work, not doing what I'm asked to do and then being upset when I get in trouble and telling my boss the work I'm going to do from now on is different from what I'm being paid to do but it's better work because I say it is.
If that's what you're goal is then fine, be an agent, a manager, or someone who works with under privileged high school kids to help get them to college or works on the side to get college players NIL deals. Don't be a coach at was once the "Winnngest program in college basketball" and turn them into still the winningest program in college basketball because "Kansas is going to get hammered."
That's what we've become. We're only #1 if someone else gets wins taken away. And anyone with a brain knows that you can't win a championship or go to the FF4 every year. That's given. Obviously there is going to be down years occasionallytoo. But a program who is supposed to be a top program is never even a #1 seed anymore because the coach lost his fire and picks his teams now like he's the last one at the buffet and is just going to take the little the crusty edges of what's left of each item and hope his meal was better in the end than the other people who got to the buffet first or the people who can cook for themselves at home. But also won't critique the food or eat somewhere better because he doesn't want to break the buffet cook's spirit.
And it's not just about having a team that underperformed, it's about how the situation is handled. Someone who supposedly knew how passionate the fanbase was and how high the expectations were can't just man up and say "You know what, I get paid a lot of money to do a job and I haven't been doing it to the level that I'm expected to. I lost focus and I'm sorry. I'm going to put to put a team together that is going to kick a** and take names and goes through any team that stands in their path. These blackouts and white outs on the road won't be a thing anymore because we're going to run teams out of their own gym so bad, the fans won't want to show up to see them get blown out." Or just something to get fans hyped and back on his side. Instead he mocks them and relies on the people who probably give themselves all 5 out of 5 on self evaluations at work to come to his defense.

You know this whole thing with Cal reminds me of my uncle. When he was younger he used to love to deer hunt, and he'd shoot a buck as soon as the opportunity presented itself. But as he got older, there were several opportunities that he could have killed one but found he got more enjoyment now from just watching them than shooting them. The difference is, my uncle doesn't get paid 10 million dollars to kill deer. If so, he'd probably still do it regardless of what his new found enjoyment is.

There won’t be a buyout. Not for several years. Cal will be here till he quits and likely will remain in an advisory capacity after he steps down as coach.
Governor or Senator Cal sounds good to me after he is done coaching.

Yes replacing 2010 to 2017 Cal likely will not happen. Replacing post 2017 cal is not that hard.
Uh...2019, 2020 and 2022 Cats were all pretty good.

2019 required refs losing their whistles for last 10min in E8 OT game to keep us out of F4 (you included 2017 as a good year, very similar with the Rooferee keeping us out of that F4)
2020 team had a really good chance, before tournament canceled
2022 was the best team in the country middle 1/3 of the season (crushing BOTH title game teams), and then multiple injuries hit. (yeah, Cal should have adjusted better, but didn't).

2021 is simply INDEFENSIBLE!

There won’t be a buyout. Not for several years. Cal will be here till he quits and likely will remain in an advisory capacity after he steps down as coach.
I’m surprised you would feel that way. I didn’t realize you thought Triple C would stick around. Interesting take.

The embarrassment is the people who are condoning what has been going on the past few years and are ok with UK being second tier because that's supposed to be the acceptable way now because high expectations are considered "toxic". Cal knew how high expectations were here and stated thats why he wanted the job in the first place, and he seemed to embrace it for at least the first 6 years but now mocks people for the same high expectations that he once credited them for having to create the environment that he wanted to work in.
We have a coach who is paid a lot of money to win and has supposedly stated that his mission differs from that now. That would be like me showing up to work, not doing what I'm asked to do and then being upset when I get in trouble and telling my boss the work I'm going to do from now on is different from what I'm being paid to do but it's better work because I say it is.
If that's what you're goal is then fine, be an agent, a manager, or someone who works with under privileged high school kids to help get them to college or works on the side to get college players NIL deals. Don't be a coach at was once the "Winnngest program in college basketball" and turn them into still the winningest program in college basketball because "Kansas is going to get hammered."
That's what we've become. We're only #1 if someone else gets wins taken away. And anyone with a brain knows that you can't win a championship or go to the FF4 every year. That's given. Obviously there is going to be down years occasionallytoo. But a program who is supposed to be a top program is never even a #1 seed anymore because the coach lost his fire and picks his teams now like he's the last one at the buffet and is just going to take the little the crusty edges of what's left of each item and hope his meal was better in the end than the other people who got to the buffet first or the people who can cook for themselves at home. But also won't critique the food or eat somewhere better because he doesn't want to break the buffet cook's spirit.
And it's not just about having a team that underperformed, it's about how the situation is handled. Someone who supposedly knew how passionate the fanbase was and how high the expectations were can't just man up and say "You know what, I get paid a lot of money to do a job and I haven't been doing it to the level that I'm expected to. I lost focus and I'm sorry. I'm going to put to put a team together that is going to kick a** and take names and goes through any team that stands in their path. These blackouts and white outs on the road won't be a thing anymore because we're going to run teams out of their own gym so bad, the fans won't want to show up to see them get blown out." Or just something to get fans hyped and back on his side. Instead he mocks them and relies on the people who probably give themselves all 5 out of 5 on self evaluations at work to come to his defense.

You know this whole thing with Cal reminds me of my uncle. When he was younger he used to love to deer hunt, and he'd shoot a buck as soon as the opportunity presented itself. But as he got older, there were several opportunities that he could have killed one but found he got more enjoyment now from just watching them than shooting them. The difference is, my uncle doesn't get paid 10 million dollars to kill deer. If so, he'd probably still do it regardless of what his new found enjoyment is.
Right on.

Uh...2019, 2020 and 2022 Cats were all pretty good.

2019 required refs losing their whistles for last 10min in E8 OT game to keep us out of F4 (you included 2017 as a good year, very similar with the Rooferee keeping us out of that F4)
2020 team had a really good chance, before tournament canceled
2022 was the best team in the country middle 1/3 of the season (crushing BOTH title game teams), and then multiple injuries hit. (yeah, Cal should have adjusted better, but didn't).

2021 is simply INDEFENSIBLE!
If I remember those seasons included losses to Notre Dame, Evansville, Utah, and Seton Hall. None of those teams were in the Final Four. No they were not pretty good seasons.

Reactions: dl51344
Cal had 4 different jobs in the previous 13 years before he got to UK and never won a championship. Scott Drew has held 1 job in the past 20 years and has won a championship.
Been to final fours and a national runner up though.

Reactions: reggis1
Look at Memphis’ record from 2009 when Cal left in 09 to today. Memphis hasn’t been a speck on a fly’s ass. Cal built the Tigers up and promptly destroyed it. Cal is NOT above destroying a program.

Fans be like...
il_794xN.4026673913_2kuy.jpg

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
So a Scott Drew would crawl from a place where he has been for 20 years, is winning chamionships, is recurting at the highest level, would prob get paid around or the same price if UK came after, and is under no pressure at all.... for why again? Let me guess. "Because we are UK"?
Yes, because we are UK. If he didn't their would be plenty in line salivating for the opportunity.

Last edited:
Where do you nut cases come up with this crap? I’m sick and tired of you sorry ass fair weather fans who only want to bitch and whine. Get a new coach to bash. You’re no fan and your an embarrassment to the BBN,

He's not a UK fan but for some reason he's allowed to spew anything he wants here, divide people (his goal), smear people he doesn't like with outright lies to try and get the upper hand, etc. Said he's 38, but he clearly has the mental fortitude of a 12 year old.

You guys are total idiots and you’re an embarrassment to the BBN.

He's another grown man that acts like a small child. Imagine a middle-aged man running around saying "CCC!". Luckily, he and his tricycle brigade are just a loud bunch of misfits looking for attention. They long for the next loss so they can ride around town acting tough. [laughing]

So a Scott Drew would crawl from a place where he has been for 20 years, is winning chamionships, is recurting at the highest level, would prob get paid around or the same price if UK came after, and is under no pressure at all.... for why again? Let me guess. "Because we are UK"?

Yes. More than likely the money and the allure of coaching at a place like Kentucky would be too strong to turn down. He’s already won a ring. If coupd throw a few more at a place like Kentucky? He’s immortal. These guys want to be here, it’s why they coach. They’re fierce competitors and want the top. Good grief man, the hell? We’re you born in 2012?

Having said that, I don’t want Scott Drew. Never liked him don’t trust him. Would he be an upgrade? Yea.

ADVERTISEMENT