ADVERTISEMENT

when coach is replaced

I love how some are scared of who replaces Calipari.

There’s nothing to fear. Calipari is never winning another title here and doesn’t care about our prestige and records at all. You will have an upgrade simply by hiring a guy that checks these boxes.

1. Can he win and maintain our positions on the list. Meaning does he care about game 1 as much as the tournament (and in between, does he care about rival game records, does he care about continuing to stack SEC titles? If yes and he can maintain much of this, he’s better than Calipari. In some ways if he just cares and struggles a little he’s better than Calipari.

2. Will he respect this program and not intentionally hurt it just to be an ahole?

If yes he’s an upgrade.

There are so many coaches who would at least try in those areas, and therefore It’s better than Calipari.

The reason is because at least if we’re going to struggle have some respect and program stability while we do. Calipari is bad for this program as of now.

In reality not seeing a home run capable replacement out there.

How many D1 or NBA / or retired coaches have you talked to and gauged interests.

How do you know someone like Beard, or Drew, or even Jay Wright wouldn’t kill it here and want the job? Hell they could be home runs with our resources.

We don’t know anything, and there are guy less than those 3 that would be upgrades.

Kentucky gives coaches things they can’t get anywhere. If Drew can win titles at Baylor he can kill it here. If Beard can take TT to within an overtime of a national championship he can kill it here.

What happens with some is the name Calipari and the salesman ability / charisma clouds the way they view reality. People laugh at Calipari today. No top 10 program would hire him either. It’s just some of our fans haven’t caught on. This is not 2014.

There’s nothing to fear. Calipari is never winning another title here and doesn’t care about our prestige and records at all. You will have an upgrade simply by hiring a guy that checks these boxes.

1. Can he win and maintain our positions on the list. Meaning does he care about game 1 as much as the tournament (and in between, does he care about rival game records, does he care about continuing to stack SEC titles? If yes and he can maintain much of this, he’s better than Calipari. In some ways if he just cares and struggles a little he’s better than Calipari.

2. Will he respect this program and not intentionally hurt it just to be an ahole?

If yes he’s an upgrade.

There are so many coaches who would at least try in those areas, and therefore It’s better than Calipari.

The reason is because at least if we’re going to struggle have some respect and program stability while we do. Calipari is bad for this program as of now.
just hate the way big 10 plays their style sux

If yes he’s an upgrade.

Where do you nut cases come up with this crap? I’m sick and tired of you sorry ass fair weather fans who only want to bitch and whine. Get a new coach to bash. You’re no fan and your an embarrassment to the BBN,

In reality not seeing a home run capable replacement out there.
There really isn’t. Musselman seems to be recruiting decently, but…

And then Drew is seemingly a good choice. But….

I don’t think we will find a 2009 like Cal. We’re just going to have to find the best person from the job and hope they don’t turn out to be the next BCG.

Where do you nut cases come up with this crap? I’m sick and tired of you sorry ass fair weather fans who only want to bitch and whine. Get a new coach to bash. You’re no fan and your an embarrassment to the BBN,

You’re a Louisville fan here to make our fan base look ignorant and promote a loser coach because you know everyone hates him. You’re here to annoy and you’re not even good at it. You also paid to troll this site which makes you a loser.

There really isn’t. Musselman seems to be recruiting decently, but…

And then Drew is seemingly a good choice. But….

I don’t think we will find a 2009 like Cal. We’re just going to have to find the best person from the job and hope they don’t turn out to be the next BCG.

Both coaches would be an upgrade for Calipari. He’s ruining this program and using “next year” to do it. We’ve never seen this kind of apathy in the history of this program. Another title with him isn’t worth it even if he was capable which probably not.

Both coaches would be an upgrade for Calipari. He’s ruining this program and using “next year” to do it. We’ve never seen this kind of apathy in the history of this program. Another title with him isn’t worth it even if he was capable which probably not.
I’m not saying they aren’t. What I’m saying is there’s no one like 2009-2015 Cal out there. Not even close.

I’m not saying they aren’t. What I’m saying is there’s no one like 2009-2015 Cal out there. Not even close.

We don’t know that. You never know what a coach who’s won a title, or had some success without these resources could do here.

There are many coaches who could have success and win a title over a 10 year period here. Calipari ain’t that guy either, and that we know for sure.

It’s all weighted at the front end with Calipari. I don’t care if the next guy spaces it out.

We don’t know that. You never know what a coach who’s won a title, or had some success without these resources could do here.

There are many coaches who could have success and win a title over a 10 year period here. Calipari ain’t that guy either, and that we know for sure.

It’s all weighted at the front end with Calipari. I don’t care if the next guy spaces it out.
I just highly highly doubt it. The only person I’ve seen take over a meh program and do realky solid off jump street is Lloyd. Davis might have counted but it ain’t looking good for him so far.

Speak for yourself. Everyone does not hate Calipari.

There are very few who like Calipari. When I’m in Lexington I can’t really find one during conversation. Was in Cincinnati recently talking to quite a bit of UK fans and most were dying for him to leave.

If Calipari has a lot of fans left I’d like to know where they are. Mostly trolling here.

Use whatever word. Hate, dislike, want him gone whatever.

I just highly highly doubt it. The only person I’ve seen take over a meh program and do realky solid off jump street is Lloyd. Davis might have counted but it ain’t looking good for him so far.

I just think this is wrong and I don’t know why so many believe it.

If Billy Donovan was currently Billy Donovan from 97 you would definitely think it wouldn’t be a home run hire and it would have been.

You can’t win a title at Baylor, or be in an overtime in the title game at Tech, and suck at Kentucky. It’s not going to happen.

Mussleman is too good at Arkansas to suck at UK. It’s not gonna happen.

There are more examples. Calipari is easily replaceable today.

Reactions: tenncats
There are very few who like Calipari. When I’m in Lexington I can’t really find one during conversation. Was in Cincinnati recently talking to quite a bit of UK fans and most were dying for him to leave.

If Calipari has a lot of fans left I’d like to know where they are. Mostly trolling here.

Use whatever word. Hate, dislike, want him gone whatever.
They ain’t finding nothing. It’s a wash. One caveat. I bitched and moaned a couple weeks ago in your post. Truth- I was drunk. Happens every so often. Apologies. Plan on it happening again soon.

They ain’t finding nothing. It’s a wash. One caveat. I bitched and moaned a couple weeks ago in your post. Truth- I was drunk. Happens every so often. Apologies. Plan on it happening again soon.

Been there done that lol.

Threw me a little I thought I had the name confused for a second.

Please do so and do often. I’ll try and be wasted with you and we can get banned cussing each other out.

I’m not a fair weather fan. I wish I didn’t have to bitch and whine. I’m as big of a Cat fan as anyone. And YOU would be the embarrassment to the BBN .. not ME. If you can’t see that Triple C is a cancer to UK basketball then you’re blind.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Fair weather? If I was fair weather I wouldn’t still be watching games. I’m True Blue til the day I leave this Earth.

The real question will be how many of the cult will still be around after Cal leaves?

I keep seeing fears about getting another BCG. I those seem are unfounded for Bear and Drew who have a Final Fours and a Title respectively. Musselman I kind of can see but he at least has two Elite Eight births something BCG never had.

You can’t win a title at Baylor, or be in an overtime in the title game at Tech, and suck at Kentucky. It’s not going to happen.

Mussleman is too good at Arkansas to suck at UK. It’s not gonna happen.

There are more examples. Calipari is easily replaceable today.
Shaka Smart was in the final four at VCU, then sucked at Texas. Chris Mack was a star at Xavier, sucked at UofL. And, honestly, there is very little to 0 shot Drew leaves after winning a championship at a place where he is getting paid huge and is worshipped. And Beard leaving a top brand in college athletics where it is his dream job and having grown up in Texas? Yeah thats a long shot.

The thing is that basketball has changed since 2015.
Cal was cutting edge and sold coming to UK would get you to the NBA.
Players know they can go anywhere now and they will still get to the NBA. Cal has not adapted.

Look at this season already. All the parity. High ranked teams getting blown out.
You actually need to be a good X’s and O’s Coach to be successful now.
Cal never has been that.

Shaka Smart was in the final four at VCU, then sucked at Texas. Chris Mack was a star at Xavier, sucked at UofL. And, honestly, there is very little to 0 shot Drew leaves after winning a championship at a place where he is getting paid huge and is worshipped. And Beard leaving a top brand in college athletics where it is his dream job and having grown up in Texas? Yeah thats a long shot.

Smart was at a mid major and really that’s just different. I wouldn’t have expected the George Mason coach who made a final four to be a guy I’d go after either.

Beard would take the UK job more than likely. Texas isn’t going to offer him what we can in resources or money. He could take the pay cut leaving TT. We’d pay him at least 7 mil per season starting out. He knows the high end if he wins. It’s too much to turn down plus it’s a blue blood at maybe the great program of all time. Good luck getting him to turn it down.

lol Drew would crawl here. You simply don’t know what you’re talking about.

Smart was at a mid major and really that’s just different. I wouldn’t have expected the George Mason coach who made a final four to be a guy I’d go after either.

Beard would take the UK job more than likely. Texas isn’t going to offer him what we can in resources or money. He could take the pay cut leaving TT. We’d pay him at least 7 mil per season starting out. He knows the high end if he wins. It’s too much to turn down plus it’s a blue blood at maybe the great program of all time. Good luck getting him to turn it down.

lol Drew would crawl here. You simply don’t know what you’re talking about.
So a Scott Drew would crawl from a place where he has been for 20 years, is winning chamionships, is recurting at the highest level, would prob get paid around or the same price if UK came after, and is under no pressure at all.... for why again? Let me guess. "Because we are UK"?

So a Scott Drew would crawl from a place where he has been for 20 years, is winning chamionships, is recurting at the highest level, would prob get paid around or the same price if UK came after, and is under no pressure at all.... for why again? Let me guess. "Because we are UK"?

Yea. It’s called being the best and coaches want to be here. Pitino left the Knicks, Hall never left for another head coaching job, Calipari left an easy job where he was recruiting elite talent and just walked out of a title game.

Scott Drew has never been offered a job like Kentucky. Quit acting like you know him, he’d do what most would do and chase the dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT