ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeler was a Difference Maker Tonight

I did a 3 minute search.

I found exactly ONE comment that called Wheeler a loser and it was literally referring to his career win/loss record.

I also found comments saying Wheeler sucks, Oscar sucks, CJ sucks, Toppin sucks, and Reeves sucks.

You sound hysterical.
Be sure not to check Twitter during the games. You might see mean stuff.

It’s cracking me up so see how many of you are whistling past the graveyard right now regarding the amount of hate wheeler gets. This kids been through it this year. It’s being talked about on radio shows and it’s not exactly a secret. The rupp crowd is booing when he checks in the game. Can anyone tell me the last time this happened to a Kentucky player? Oh wait, let me guess……they’re booing Cal not wheeler right? They are booing the decision to play him right? Go ask wheeler if that makes him feel any better about it lol. Idiots.

I think y’all are just afraid that Cal isn’t gonna get the criticism he deserves for overplaying wheeler. I can get with that. He has played him too much. But the shit you’re slinging gets stuck to wheeler too. This kid is struggling behind the scenes for real. There’s a reason the coaches are taking their phones away

Reactions: IL Wildcat
It’s cracking me up so see how many of you are whistling past the graveyard right now regarding the amount of hate wheeler gets. This kids been through it this year. It’s being talked about on radio shows and it’s not exactly a secret. The rupp crowd is booing when he checks in the game. Can anyone tell me the last time this happened to a Kentucky player? Oh wait, let me guess……they’re booing Cal not wheeler right? They are booing the decision to play him right? Go ask wheeler if that makes him feel any better about it lol. Idiots.

I think y’all are just afraid that Cal isn’t gonna get the criticism he deserves for overplaying wheeler. I can get with that. He has played him too much. But the shit you’re slinging gets stuck to wheeler too. This kid is struggling behind the scenes for real. There’s a reason the coaches are taking their phones away
There’s a difference between literally hating a person and hating the coach for putting him in the game.

Cal created whatever hate is out there by trashing the season and not putting SW in a position to succeed. He didn't coach him and get him to stop making the mistakes.

Those boos aren't directed at Wheeler, they're directed at Cal. However, I don't agree with booing in that situation.

But again, hating the mistakes Wheeler makes, is not the same as literally hating Wheeler.

It's not our fault you don't understand what it means when you say an individual is hated.

Hey @Rockfly78 , is this what you're talking about? Is this "hate"?

Wheeler played his role, 9 assists, is a heck of a stat line for sure, but there's so much more to the game that just assists and turnovers.

But let me know, I'm still trying to find this Wheeler hate you've been talking about.
One quote I remember from someone here about Wheeler .... "His ego is way too big". He quite literally probably has the least of an ego of anyone that has come through the program recently. There are many valid crituques of Wheeler but to act like there arent people here that trash him for BS stuff which turns into "hating" is just laughable.

There’s a difference between literally hating a person and hating the coach for putting him in the game.

Cal created whatever hate is out there by trashing the season and not putting SW in a position to succeed. He didn't coach him and get him to stop making the mistakes.

Those boos aren't directed at Wheeler, they're directed at Cal. However, I don't agree with booing in that situation.

But again, hating the mistakes Wheeler makes, is not the same as literally hating Wheeler.

It's not our fault you don't understand what it means when you say an individual is hated.
I think my comment activated some guilty consciences. Now I get to watch everyone give themselves away.

It’s weird to see the guys Cal has brought in to run pg here. It's one thing to get a kid that fooled everyone, but Cal is supposed to be the best at recognizing talent.

But Devin Askew? He even got that dude to reclass. He really thought Devin was good.
Ryan harrow? What???
Quade Greene???

Wheeler, I mean, he's okay, but how do you go from Wall, Knight, Teague, Fox, Ulis and Andrew, to Harrow, Askew, Greene and Wheeler? This is UK, not Georgia.

Maybe he thought Wheeler and Greene would mimic what Ulis did, but that's just too far fetched for me to believe. Cal has to know Ulis is a rare bird.

Then, to top it off, Cal predetermines who is going to be his main players and who isn't. Does it every year and he's as stubborn as a mule, he doesn't allow himself to believe his predeterminations were wrong. Those predetermined thoughts put this team at 6 losses real quick.

Definitely a head scratcher.
Yeah good point. I'd put Wheeler on par with Greene. Both have no place running UKs team. You forgot one other great SGA. When Cal brought him in and Herro I really thought he was pretty good at finding talent even though they were still ranked up there. However, it shows something that Cal cant go into the 40s-50s+ and find hidden gems.

It seems like he's getting worse and just relies on the top 20 rankings. He was even doing well with the portal I thought until recently. I don't know if it's just laziness or lack of options but I don't know how he looked at Wheeler and said that's the guy.

Reactions: UKSouthpaw
One quote I remember from someone here about Wheeler .... "His ego is way too big". He quite literally probably has the least of an ego of anyone that has come through the program recently. There are many valid crituques of Wheeler but to act like there arent people here that trash him for BS stuff which turns into "hating" is just laughable.
I don't know how anyone on here could know if SW has an ego or not.

Yeah good point. I'd put Wheeler on par with Greene. Both have no place running UKs team. You forgot one other great SGA. When Cal brought him in and Herro I really thought he was pretty good at finding talent even though they were still ranked up there. However, it shows something that Cal cant go into the 40s-50s+ and find hidden gems.

It seems like he's getting worse and just relies on the top 20 rankings. He was even doing well with the portal I thought until recently. I don't know if it's just laziness or lack of options but I don't know how he looked at Wheeler and said that's the guy.
He takes chances on guys and has lucked out on a few of them. SGA and Herro are great examples of that, but he really went way out on a limb with Greene, Askew and Wheeler.

He should know, better than anyone, that he has to have a legit talented dog at the pg position, if he doesn't, we end up on the struggle bus all year, like we are now.

Wallace isn’t actually a pg, but he's at least a good enough hole patch to get the job done.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
I didn't hide from anything hoss. I will say it again for you.

Wheeler is the most hated PG Kentucky has had since Saul Smith. It's cut and dry son. Now you and Jeff can get back under the covers where it's safe.
Proof by assertion fail. Nice try. Your argument falls on its face because it's pure semantics disguised as constructed argument.

And don't call me son. If I was your son, I'd probably kill myself.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Because you can’t read between the lines or you don’t want to.

“Hate” may be a figure of speech there bubba. I said it and it’s the word I chose. Deal with it
Dog whistles are for master baiters. That's weak sauce and par for the course when you don't have a leg to stand on.

Proof by assertion fail. Nice try. Your argument falls on its face because it's pure semantics disguised as constructed argument.

And don't call me son. If I was your son, I'd probably kill myself.
It’s not an argument son. It’s the truth

Looks like all of a sudden nobody hates wheeler as our point guard. Lol. I’m gonna start posting links to remind you.

• Haha
Reactions: IL Wildcat
Looks like all of a sudden nobody hates wheeler as our point guard. Lol. I’m gonna start posting links to remind you.
Nobody hates Wheeler, they hate his turnovers, his lack of outside shooting ability, his constant out of control play, his half court defense, his net negative efficiency rating and most of all, they hate what happens to our offense when he's running point.
It just sucks that we have fans like you, Bass and Ed that ignore the truth so you can troll and make false accusations and behave like hall monitors.

Nobody hates Wheeler, they hate his turnovers, his lack of outside shooting ability, his constant out of control play, his half court defense, his net negative efficiency rating and most of all, they hate what happens to our offense when he's running point.
It just sucks that we have fans like you, Bass and Ed that ignore the truth so you can troll and make false accusations and behave like hall monitors.

One way to try to understand why people engage in trolling is to investigate whether they are likely to show particular personality traits, such as narcissism, psychopathy, Machiavellianism and everyday sadism – known as the “dark tetrad”.

These traits commonly underpin many forms of social manipulation and deception, and involve a drive for ruthless self-advancement, aggression and, most notably, a lack of empathy and severe callousness. Taking each of the tetrad in turn, narcissism is associated with feelings of superiority and ego-inflation; psychopathy is linked to impulsivity and callousness; Machiavellianism is associated with manipulation and exploitation of others; and sadism is defined as the enjoyment of inflicting pain on others.

A 2014 study found that people with higher levels of sadism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism were more likely to engage in online trolling behaviour, with sadism being the strongest predictor.

I think my comment activated some guilty consciences. Now I get to watch everyone give themselves away.
Here you just admitted to trolling. You're not here to have discussions or to understand/find common ground.

Thanks for the confession.

Reactions: jameslee32

One way to try to understand why people engage in trolling is to investigate whether they are likely to show particular personality traits, such as narcissism, psychopathy, Machiavellianism and everyday sadism – known as the “dark tetrad”.

These traits commonly underpin many forms of social manipulation and deception, and involve a drive for ruthless self-advancement, aggression and, most notably, a lack of empathy and severe callousness. Taking each of the tetrad in turn, narcissism is associated with feelings of superiority and ego-inflation; psychopathy is linked to impulsivity and callousness; Machiavellianism is associated with manipulation and exploitation of others; and sadism is defined as the enjoyment of inflicting pain on others.

A 2014 study found that people with higher levels of sadism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism were more likely to engage in online trolling behaviour, with sadism being the strongest predictor.
@Rockfly78 is actually a good dude. I've had many good discussions with him and also had some disagreements, but I do know he's not a troll.

He's just wrong on this one. 😂

Reactions: Rockfly78
First off, don’t ever lump me with bass and Ed. Ever again.

Secondly, this whole thing is an argument over terminology and you don’t see it because you’re now too emotionally charged. I could have said any number of words that essentially mean the same thing and convey the same thought.

I could have used any of the following words or connotations to describe the fanbase’s feelings towards wheeler:

“Can’t stand”
“loathe”
“Despise”
“Don’t like”
“Dislike”
“Unpopular”

I chose “hate”. If I had it to do over again I may choose it again. Maybe it’s a term I personally use a lot or maybe it was a random event. Either way I still stand by it. One thing I clarified very early on once I realized people were triggered was that I don’t believe anyone hates this kid personally. I said he was the most hated PG not the most hated person or even player. Everyone knows he’s a great kid. I feel bad for him for all the shit he has to take.

So you guys can apply any of the softer words of you need to in order to feel less triggered. If we are gonna be on here fighting for 3 straight days over the word “hate” versus any of the others then we are absolutely arguing over semantics and it’s a giant waste of time. If you want to argue that wheeler is actually much beloved and what I said is flat wrong despite my wording then I wish you would. But we all know that’s not true.

I stand by my statement. Wheeler is the most hated PG Kentucky has had since Saul. Feel free to replace “hate” with whatever you want if you need to soften it up. But it’s true.

PS……Devin askew is a very close second

PSS……..TIL .6% of the population actually even know what semantics means

Here you just admitted to trolling. You're not here to have discussions or to understand/find common ground.

Thanks for the confession.
Lol I’m not a troll. But I definitely shook some people. Your homework assignment is to start 3 new wheeler appreciation threads.

First off, don’t ever lump me with bass and Ed. Ever again.

Secondly, this whole thing is an argument over terminology and you don’t see it because you’re now too emotionally charged. I could have said any number of words that essentially mean the same thing and convey the same thought.

I could have used any of the following words or connotations to describe the fanbase’s feelings towards wheeler:

“Can’t stand”
“loathe”
“Despise”
“Don’t like”
“Dislike”
“Unpopular”

I chose “hate”. If I had it to do over again I may choose it again. Maybe it’s a term I personally use a lot or maybe it was a random event. Either way I still stand by it. One thing I clarified very early on once I realized people were triggered was that I don’t believe anyone hates this kid personally. I said he was the most hated PG not the most hated person or even player. Everyone knows he’s a great kid. I feel bad for him for all the shit he has to take.

So you guys can apply any of the softer words of you need to in order to feel less triggered. If we are gonna be on here fighting for 3 straight days over the word “hate” versus any of the others then we are absolutely arguing over semantics and it’s a giant waste of time. If you want to argue that wheeler is actually much beloved and what I said is flat wrong despite my wording then I wish you would. But we all know that’s not true.

I stand by my statement. Wheeler is the most hated PG Kentucky has had since Saul. Feel free to replace “hate” with whatever you want if you need to soften it up. But it’s true.

PS……Devin askew is a very close second

PSS……..TIL .6% of the population actually even know what semantics means
Soooo, are you saying Ed and Bass are the most hated posters ever? Or, are you saying you hate Ed and Bass? Seems like it must be one or the other

Soooo, are you saying Ed and Bass are the most hated posters ever? Or, are you saying you hate Ed and Bass? Seems like it must be one or the other
I’m saying they are clowns and I am not. They Are essentially troll accounts and judging buy the reception and attention they get I’d say they are primo trolls

There's no doubt that Wheeler is picked on, treated harshly and unreasonably blamed for anything and everything these days by more than just a few "fans". It makes me really upset that we have such jerks (or maybe they're just complete morons on top of being jerks) that continue to pick on this kid. He is not the problem or even a problem. He's a scapegoat for awful coaching.

@Rockfly78 is actually a good dude. I've had many good discussions with him and also had some disagreements, but I do know he's not a troll.

He's just wrong on this one. 😂
He admitted to trolling. Do you know him IRL? I wouldn’t defend him unless that’s the case.

He admitted to trolling. Do you know him IRL? I wouldn’t defend him unless that’s the case.
I don't personally know him, I've just had a lot of conversations and battles with him over the last year or so.

Don’t get it twisted sister I ain’t a troll and I certainly didn’t admit to being one. I’ve always been transparent. I’m here to talk some ball and talk some shit. If I post something that triggers people I know the typical butthurt response is to yell troll. But that doesn’t make me a troll, it may just make you soft. Don’t take this stuff so seriously.

Don’t get it twisted sister I ain’t a troll and I certainly didn’t admit to being one. I’ve always been transparent. I’m here to talk some ball and talk some shit. If I post something that triggers people I know the typical butthurt response is to yell troll. But that doesn’t make me a troll, it may just make you soft. Don’t take this stuff so seriously.
You admitted it, champ. Your purpose here was to instigate. You aren’t so obtuse as to fail to understand what Jeff and others were trying to say, you just played dumb and talked past everybody and then bragged about how you stirred everyone up. You’re no different than bass and Ed.

Troll.

This thread is celebrating UK having a lack of bodies, Cal being forced to give Wheeler significant minutes and Wheeler not losing the game for us.

is that the right summary?

You admitted it, champ. Your purpose here was to instigate. You aren’t so obtuse as to fail to understand what Jeff and others were trying to say, you just played dumb and talked past everybody and then bragged about how you stirred everyone up. You’re no different than bass and Ed.

Troll.
Better put me on ignore then.

I said what I said because it’s the truth. Simple as that. I don’t care how y’all react to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT