651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

Wheeler has almost 40 more assts in almost 80 fewer mins.

Thats the biggest take away from those stats by far!

Wheels is twice the disher that Wallace is.
This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

Thats an NCAA Championship Rotation

Last edited:
Wallace:
11.35 ppg
76 rebs
76 assts.
43 steals
TO 38
651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

Did you watch the Kansas game?

Wallace:
11.35 ppg
76 rebs
76 assts.
43 steals
TO 38
651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

At times I like Wheeler when he is looking to pass, but there are times when he stops passing and then things get messy.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Wallace:
11.35 ppg
76 rebs
76 assts.
43 steals
TO 38
651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

You’re only looking at individual stats. It’s the stats as a team that matter. I think your lineup will work if Wallace hits shots. You can only have one non scorer on the court at a time in todays game.

He also has more TOs in those 80 fewer minutes and gives an easy double team to Oscar.

Wheeler is a 10-12 min/game player at the level we should be at.

You also lose scoring, rebounding, and defense.

That lineup leaves us no floor spacing either.

The Benny lineup (Wallace, CJ, Reeves, Toppin/Livingston, Oscar) is the way to go. CJ's hand is healing and he will shoot himself out of this slump.

Wallace:
11.35 ppg
76 rebs
76 assts.
43 steals
TO 38
651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

The thing I notice most when Wallace is at the off-guard position is that he hunts shots and seems more comfortable shooting. I can DEFINITELY see playing Wallace, Reeves and Fredrick together (Wheeler out), if Fredrick is shooting the ball well. When he struggles, I'm not so sure we aren't a little better with Wheeler in. As I said, this is not obvious to me. We really just do not have five (5) guys who are CLEARLY CONSISTENT from game-to-game. That makes distribution of minutes a lot tougher for any coach, imho.

There’s a reason people use advanced analytics instead of basic stats. If you constantly pound the ball and have it in your hands for most of a possession or near the end of the clock then you should have a more assist.

Again - if Cal was as relentless about winning and taking some level of pride in his job/UK's program legacy as HH is with inane "analysis" - we might win a bit more.

I do hope you are well compensated for playing the fool so well, and continuing to carry Cal's water.

I don’t know why people overthink this.

It’s pretty simple: play your BEST lineup.

That’s the most efficient lineup. The one with the best numbers when playing TOGETHER.

Wallace
Fredrick
Reeves
Toppin
Tshiebwe

Quit overthinking it. Quit bringing personal bias into it. The numbers say that is the best lineup. Ride with it. No “yeah, buts.” No “but so and so can’t do this or that.” Trust the numbers at least until we get more data to disprove them.

Wallace:
11.35 ppg
76 rebs
76 assts.
43 steals
TO 38
651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

You left out the most important metric:

W-L record as a starter at PG.

Wonder why you did that. Hmmm...

Wallace:
11.35 ppg
76 rebs
76 assts.
43 steals
TO 38
651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

The stat that jumps out at me in more turnovers in 80 less minutes. Thats 2 whole games. I am not as much of a wheeler hater as some on here but Wallace is the more reliable point guard. Wallace is also a better shot defender and rebounder. I don't think wheeler deserves 0 minutes, nor does he deserve 40. Somewhere around 12-15 seems about right. Let him change the pace a bit. Then when he starts the wild 💩, he needs to be down.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
One has played Pg all season while the other played the two until we started wanting to actually win games.
One padded his assist numbers feeding Oscar against cupcakes while the other was at the two.
One can’t guard anyone because he’s the size of a middle school kid. The other is a very good defender and can score. One should be the starter and the other shouldn’t even be a Pg at KY. But since he’s here he should be a role player coming off the bench.

That’s the most efficient lineup. The one with the best numbers when playing TOGETHER.

Wallace
Fredrick
Reeves
Toppin
Tshiebwe

Quit overthinking it. Quit bringing personal bias into it. The numbers say that is the best lineup. Ride with it. No “yeah, buts.” No “but so and so can’t do this or that.” Trust the numbers at least until we get more data to disprove them.
Yeah it’s really not that hard. Roll with what has been winning games. It drove me wild the lack of time that group got together vs KU.

Wallace:
11.35 ppg
76 rebs
76 assts.
43 steals
TO 38
651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

What sticks out to me is Wallace 43 Wheeler 17 steals. You would think a 5ft8 guy would be a pest and lead us in steals. Hell I bet Oscar has more steals than Wheeler.

I would live to see more defensive stats. Guys shoot tight over Wheeler like he isn't even there.

Our best stretch if the season was the 4 game stretch where Wheeler didnt play it played limited mins. No one can argue that.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
He also has more TOs in those 80 fewer minutes and gives an easy double team to Oscar.

Wheeler is a 10-12 min/game player at the level we should be at.

You also lose scoring, rebounding, and defense.

That lineup leaves us no floor spacing either.

The Benny lineup (Wallace, CJ, Reeves, Toppin/Livingston, Oscar) is the way to go. CJ's hand is healing and he will shoot himself out of this slump.
It’s amazing the bs cal has pulled. Showed us what we are with limited wheeler then goes back to him in spite of winning. Truly amazing brainwash

Wallace
Fredrick
Reeves
Toppin
Tshiebwe

They’re not overthinking it they’ve bought the woe is wheeler line, let’s build his confidence and they are right back where they were pre UT. These are the boneheaded mind games cal does to his cult following

What sticks out to me is Wallace 43 Wheeler 17 steals. You would think a 5ft8 guy would be a pest and lead us in steals. Hell I bet Oscar has more steals than Wheeler.

I would live to see more defensive stats. Guys shoot tight over Wheeler like he isn't even there.

Our best stretch if the season was the 4 game stretch where Wheeler didnt play it played limited mins. No one can argue that.
Biggest problem with wheeler is his defense. If he is any getting steals where is he contributing on defense? The dude over plays his man all the time. He even gets lost in rotations ending up getting posted up. No no. If we are gonna make a run it’s on the back of our defense. That’s what UT showed. Wheeler is unplayable from that standpoint

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Biggest problem with wheeler is his defense. If he is any getting steals where is he contributing on defense? The dude over plays his man all the time. He even gets lost in rotations ending up getting posted up. No no. If we are gonna make a run it’s on the back of our defense. That’s what UT showed. Wheeler is unplayable from that standpoint
I agree wheeler is the odd man out if we want to play winning basketball

Wheeler should get credit for about 7 extra to’s per game with that late shot clock crap he theows up in the paint.

Wallace:
11.35 ppg
76 rebs
76 assts.
43 steals
TO 38
651 min

Wheeler:
7.65 ppg
46 rebs
17 steals
114 assts.
TO 39
573 min

This needs to be our S5:
Wheeler
Wallace
Reeves
Toppin
Oscar

Livingston
Frederick

LOL, way to focus on the one stat Wheeler leads in.

Those stats don't explain what defenses do when Wheeler is running point.

While you're at it doe, why don't you list shooting percentages from 2 and 3 and +/- numbers per game?

Dancing Skeleton GIF

Wallace's Points, points per game, rebounds, FG%, 3FG%, FT%, PER, WS(2x Wheeler's), SPG, eFG%, Offensive and Defensive ratings all better than Wheeler's stats. Wheeler has the edge in assists, but I'd point out Wallace has a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio. That's solid.

Boxscore +/-

Wallace 7.9
Wheeler 0.9

ADVERTISEMENT