ADVERTISEMENT

What's your favorite gospel song?

Revival - Allman Brothers Band

40 - U2

I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking For - U2 (Live version from Rattle & Hum, with Memphis church choir)

Jesus Christ Superstar - Original Cast

People Get Ready - Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart

Last edited:
please call number and send cash...cause she got touched....

i_ran_into_tammy_at_the_mall_t_shirts-rb2bcd7952d4349769822e88664975797_8nhma_512.jpg

Reactions: 55wildcat
I suppose this one is more of a cautionary tale than a strict gospel song...

Agree, think that sort of falls under a separate category, like my suggestion of Sympathy for the Devil above.

Sturgill Simpson's "Life of Sin" is another one in the alternate category, in which however, he does thank God for this here life of sin

Reactions: -Mav-
This song will be sung at my funeral. This is to let my loved ones cry early and get it out of the way. The rest of the service will be making a joyful noise unto the Lord!

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
From the Book of Dylan and performed by Johnny Winter with some assistance from Derek Trucks.

Oh, God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe said, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God said, "No" Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want, Abe, but
The next time you see me comin', you better run"
Well, Abe said, "Where d'you want this killin' done?"
God said, "Out on Highway 61"

My Grandfather was a Baptist minister. A true man of faith who was beloved by everyone who knew him. Never had much money as he gave all he could to anyone who needed it and hated TV preachers and their hypocrisy with a passion. Preached for over 70 years and died, totally alert and present mentally in the time he was in, at 97.

Until you see a 95 year old man sing this and mean it, and know that not a soul around you could have ever found fault with how he lived or how he treated others don't be so quick to dismiss faith or demean those who profess it.

Set the over/under post count at 5 before this thread went off the rail and I would have definitely taken the under.

I couldn't find a copy of a gun were to my head, but Bill Lowe's acapello version of Farther Along is my favorite. If I could find a copy it would be played at my funeral.

ADVERTISEMENT