ADVERTISEMENT

What's your age and net worth?

Made a fortune on mcdonalds stock in the 60s, lost every dime trying to get five in a line playing pinball.

Worse than yesterday: my job was eliminated today. :( They want to keep me with the company, and offered me another, MUCH lower paying position, which I'll have to accept and hope like hell I can find something better soon.

%&@**# sucks.
Sucks at the moment but things happen for a reason and it will work out for the better. I have endured 3 layoffs during my career and every single time it led me down a path that was much better than the one I had. Keep your head held high, stay the course, work hard, and the payoff will be great. Just be open to making tough decisions being relocation, taking lesser pay for the short term to land the better job longterm, etc. Tough times makes us all stronger as long as you take it in stride and learn from the experience.

Have had a lot of tough times (especially growing up), but beyond blessed now from hard work, a great wife who works hard, and sound decisions (both financial and personal).

Worse than yesterday: my job was eliminated today. :( They want to keep me with the company, and offered me another, MUCH lower paying position, which I'll have to accept and hope like hell I can find something better soon.

%&@**# sucks.
Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel.

My Mom passed away on July 4th, and the next day I was informed my job of 24 years was eliminated.

Nice month of July for me.

I've had season tickets for both basketball and football for more than 20 years, and it's getting hard to justify the money now that I'm looking at a career change at age 51.

Reactions: crpoore
Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel.

My Mom passed away on July 4th, and the next day I was informed my job of 24 years was eliminated.

Nice month of July for me.

I've had season tickets for both basketball and football for more than 20 years, and it's getting hard to justify the money now that I'm looking at a career change at age 51.

I can't like your statement but I owe you one.

Reactions: mailman85
ADVERTISEMENT