ADVERTISEMENT

What's the most fun/odd/interesting thing you've done that you'll probably never do again?

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
Listened to KSR from yesterday and reminded me...

During sophomore yr at Uk for spring break went to Miami. On way home we detoured to a tree hostile in or around Brunswick, Georgia. It was crazy...people pretty much lived there. You could stay for free, had to clean and wash dishes. Had a real nice common area and all beds were tree houses with 2 bunk beds in each tree house.

Was memorable and I'm pretty sure I'll never do it again.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
UK basketball related?

I once got into a pretty heated argument with a renowned Kentucky high school coach at a game for 4- and 5-year-olds...about Billy Gillispie.

This guy was standing off to the side. I didn't recognize him, but later saw him coaching for a high school team and was told by a friend that he was a hall of famer. I'm assuming he was the grandfather of one of the kids playing. I was there to watch my son, whose game had just ended. I overhead the coach and another guy talking about UK, who had just lost a game the night before. This was in Gillispie's first year.

I drifted over and didn't like the high school coach's attitude immediately. He tore into Gillispie, saying he couldn't believe Gillispie had thrown his players under the bus after a loss. I pointed out how Gillispie was just tough (Dr Pepper and nabs!) and how I really liked him. The coach scoffed, I got peeved--it was heated for an exchange between two complete strangers.

Of course we know who won that argument now, and I guess that's why that guy is a well-known coach and I'm posting to a message board at 7:15 a.m. on a Thursday.

During sophomore yr at Uk for spring break went to Miami. On way home we detoured to a tree hostile in or around Brunswick, Georgia. It was crazy...people pretty much lived there. You could stay for free, had to clean and wash dishes. Had a real nice common area and all beds were tree houses with 2 bunk beds in each tree house.

Hostile trees?

JnWyJwf.gif

todays-the-day-the-trees-fight-back-x-gifs-14.gif

Angry_369d97_1425566.jpg

h0A387364

todays-the-day-the-trees-fight-back-x-gifs-9.gif

giphy.gif

GleamingFavorableArawana-small.gif

Bad tree...

I swam in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans on the same day.

I threw a rock across the Mississippi river. Cleared it easily.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Read any more trash threads posted by the OP for starters

An Eiffel Tower is another one

Oh no, I've offended an "All-American" what will I ever do?

If you don't like the post don't read or answer. Makes no sense.

Let's talk more about Wandale, Cal's hair, Jerry Tipton, the three sophomores, or our best starting lineup. Better yet let's talk about Zion...oh how fun?

While snorkeling in Maui, we caught a crystal clear day and were able to see glimpses of every island.

Things that I will never do again:
Bungee jump off a crane.
Smoke a laced joint with a Mexican cab driver in Cancun on spring break.

Reactions: jameslee32
My answer...not really odd or interesting, it was fun at the time though...but is something I'll never do again. Have children.

edit: I personally didn't have the children...wife did that for me.

No "your momma" yet?

Mixed sound for the opening acts at several concerts. Montgomery Gentry, George Jones, Charlie Daniels, Jerry Reed, etc.....

Actually, I was attached to a deep ocean survey unit for the Navy for a couple of years. That was fun and interesting. It helped prove to me the earth is round. Just saying.

Reactions: ymmot31
1.Repel off of a water fall in Panama during Jungle training.

2. Swim across the Chagres river in Panama during a military operations challenge.

3. Blew a hole in the ground large enough to drive a 5 ton into while getting rid of demolitions that were nearing the end of their shelf life. Broke a few windows and cracked some doors in the neighboring German town. They all thought WWIII had begun.

Reactions: ymmot31
First job out of school was as a mech designer for a military contractor who built aerial tow targets and drones. Worked for them for about 2 years and then they were bought out and moved to Clearwater. Really cool job, lots of ex-mil that hated my civilian guts.

First thing I ever designed was the heat collector on the end of this burner on the TLX-1. The point was to create the smallest IR signature possible at a maintained 5' deck off the ocean surface as the target was towed from a Learjet at 10k feet. That target has telemetry and a full inner-structure with servos driving independent ailerons mid fuselage that self-adjust its height by constantly sensing the ocean surface
tlx-1.jpg

Getting to wind tunnel test designs and see the target exhibitions by the mil was pretty tits.

Oh, yeah... that rear prop is connected to a shaft that drives an AC/Delco alternator mounted for aft ballast, which then powers the light in the nosecone. You know, just neat shit.

Last edited:
When but just a 19 yr. old child , I got involved in a police chase. Yes, I was actually stupid enough to run from the police. Believe it or not, I got away. Scared the shit out of me and for the life of me I can't figure out why I did it.

Would NEVER do that again !

Reactions: warrior-cat
When but just a 19 yr. old child , I got involved in a police chase. Yes, I was actually stupid enough to run from the police. Believe it or not, I got away. Scared the shit out of me and for the life of me I can't figure out why I did it.

Would NEVER do that again !

Would be funny if they were after someone else and you were blitzed out of your gourd and couldn't tell.

Sounds like we know what we’re doing for next years guy trip! Pretty sure that’s HBs wet dream.

My uncle is a Vietnam vet and my best friend and I tried to make napalm after he described it to us. It was a spectacular fail and a waste of gasoline!

Reactions: warrior-cat
Climb out of passenger window in pickup truck into the back while going 60 down a 2 lane road and then back to the passenger seat. Pretty stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT