ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happened to Gonzo?

• Thread starter anon_ce2llurbpkli4
  • Start date
iu

I always got the impression that he was such a die hard Cal guy, and also felt the need to be the smartest guy in the room. Always. He just couldn’t really take it when people gave it back to him.
I never got that from him. To me he seemed like he wanted fair criticisms, as the bar seemed to move and what many here were calling for changed day by day. I do miss seeing his posts.

Gonzo was fine. I think he was a solid poster that explained and broke a lot of things down well.

Yes he loved cal but shit I loved cal too. It’s easy to love cal and defend his bullshit when we are going to final fours. Cals first few years here he put enough talent on the floor to mitigate his coaching until at least the final four. If that were still the case we would all be pacified.

Rafters can drain the best of us if you let it

I always got the impression that he was such a die hard Cal guy, and also felt the need to be the smartest guy in the room. Always. He just couldn’t really take it when people gave it back to him.
I thought he kind of enjoyed debate, tbh.

I thought he kind of enjoyed debate, tbh.
Yeah I get that point and that’s probably true. I think the biggest issue he had was that he had dug his heels in so deep for Cal, and he enjoyed taking that stance and debating it. He lost a lot of ammo in the last couple years. That was probably hard for him.

Yeah I get that point and that’s probably true. I think the biggest issue he had was that he had dug his heels in so deep for Cal, and he enjoyed taking that stance and debating it. He lost a lot of ammo in the last couple years. That was probably hard for him.
Yeah maybe, I don’t know. I like the guy though.

at one point we were all Cal supporters.

We all just have a different line of demarcation on when we stop.

Even the guys that support whoever is the coach regardless of how horrible the season gets. Maybe it takes boning a groupie on an Italian restaurant table to get there, but they have their line too.

I'm not saying that has happened to Gonzo - who knows why he isn't around, I hope he is well and there are no personal issues keeping him away.

Then again, maybe he is raising a wine glass to the expedient exit of Calipari at Porcini's as I type this.

Last edited:
Reactions: STL_Cat
ADVERTISEMENT