ADVERTISEMENT

What was your favorite hair band?

Looks like they all had long hair.

Van-Halen-1978-Getty.jpg

Alex and Michael Anthony didn't have long hair in the same way DLR or Eddie did. Your pic looks to be from early in their career. Seems funny that two of the guys hair got shorter as they moved into the mid 80's. Most rock musicians in the 70's and beyond had long hair. It's the ones that put two cans of hair spray and lipstick on before a show who stand out as hair metal/bands to me. That picture looks nothing like the guys in Ratt, Poison, Motley Crue, etc.

Last edited:
Yeap. Hell, KISS did anything and everything to sell records. They effin made a Disco song (I was made for loving you) and did a concept album with Symphony (The Elder), I know all this because they were my favorite band. I was a little ashamed at times to say they where, but they are. They had a grunge rock album loaded and ready to go (you guessed it, early 90's), but nixed at the last minute and did Alive 3 to tide fans over while they toured.

Do some research, the hairband / glam metal is a lot more represented than you would like to believe. OZZY teased his hair, wore costumes, do not get it twisted, they all did,,, if it sold. Speed and death metal was about the only exclusive form of rock n roll, glad I never got into it, terrible.

I was never that big of a Kiss fan. However, they were marketing geniuses! Action Figures, Cartoons, Lunchboxes...they were plastered on EVERYTHING in the late 70's and early 80's. I guess they were running out of licensee's by the 2000's:

KISS condoms: In the mood for love yet don't wanna get your lady pregnant or get (or even give out) some sort of STD? Protect your boys with Gene Simmons and friends. The Kiss Kondom was introduced in 2002. These "tongue lubricated" rubbers come in various varieties such as "Love Gun Protection," "Tongue Lubricated" and "Studded Paul."

I was never that big of a Kiss fan. However, they were marketing geniuses! Action Figures, Cartoons, Lunchboxes...they were plastered on EVERYTHING in the late 70's and early 80's. I guess they were running out of licensee's by the 2000's:

KISS condoms: In the mood for love yet don't wanna get your lady pregnant or get (or even give out) some sort of STD? Protect your boys with Gene Simmons and friends. The Kiss Kondom was introduced in 2002. These "tongue lubricated" rubbers come in various varieties such as "Love Gun Protection," "Tongue Lubricated" and "Studded Paul."
I still have the lunchbox that I carried to kindergarten.

Reactions: FargenBastich
ADVERTISEMENT