ADVERTISEMENT

What should be done about the faking cramps/injuries?

HeismaNole

Sophomore
Nov 29, 2023
It is constant across football but blatantly obvious in yesterday’s game.

You gotta implement something like they’re out for four plays or for that series or something. It’s clear as day what they’re doing to get extra timeouts or stop momentum.

Last edited:
Heavy fines after the game is an easy step.
Oh, the guy with a cramp came back 2 minutes later? 250,000
We have video tape of sideline telling him to fall down? 500,000
Treat it like storming the field where it grows.

Also, should be like targeting. If we can suspend a player for next weeks game based on in the moment review, we can do it tow days later after some video review and team trying to defend it.

Not THE solutions, but steps.

Reactions: HeismaNole
After the second one each half, it costs a time out.
I like this but when it is obviously a fake it should cost the team a timeout each and every time. No need to give any team any grace towards this. Stoops’ team have done this a lot throughout his time here and not a fan of us doing it either but was pleasantly surprised we didn’t hardly do all all yesterday, if we did it at all. Can’t recall when we did, but know they did several times.

Herbstreit got mad about it last week in the Tennessee and Oklahoma game. Said it wasn't illegal but unethical as he'll.

I say make them sit the rest of the series.

Reactions: HeismaNole
Herbstreit got mad about it last week in the Tennessee and Oklahoma game. Said it wasn't illegal but unethical as he'll.

I say make them sit the rest of the series.
Make them sit for the rest of the quarter and if it’s real late in the quarter make them sit for four series. If they do it in the 4th quarter they are done for the game. It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
If you cause a stoppage of the game then there should be a minimum number of plays that you sit out, 3, 4, I don’t know but this game is already dragging with the refs stoping play every five secs for SOMETHING.
I think this is the easiest to implement.....

Make a kid sit out the remainder of the series....maybe even a full quarter for any type of injury. So if I lose a starting DE, RB, etc....then I'll think twice about him faking an injury.

I get the timeout thing....but you only get 3 each half...so if you burn out of TOs....what is there to stop you from faking rest of half?

It's impossible to guage valid vs. fake.....but having a rule that that player sits no matter what....is more than fair and not crazy hard to implement.

Yeah, agree something may have to be done. However, it's one of those things that everyone does and benefits from.

I don't know how you crack down on it, but I think it's worth looking into. I guess that's where replay comes in, and blatantly obvious violations like ole dude being told by the QB to hit the deck should be penalized.

First, for "player health and safety", anybody that goes down has to sit out for evaluation by medical and training staff for a series at minimum.

Secondly, egregious offenders like yesterday, they're out a quarter. May even look into 5-yard penalty.

Repeat offenses as in multiple times in a drive or quarter team loses time out and/or players start getting tossed. If you're going to sit on the ground and writhe in pain because of a "cramp", you can head on back to the locker room and drink some Gatorade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT