ADVERTISEMENT

What reason(s) make you feel confident about # 9 and playing in Indy?

Wall2Boogie

All-American
Jan 28, 2010
Watching aaron Harrison last year and the team as a whole, Indy was kind to us last year but this year as well.
Starting its last year
Great fanbase(like most venues) cheering us on
Aaron harrison hitting two big shots there-see louisville and Michigan.
Team came together on that floor(we started to see it against Florida in the sec tourney but even more in these two games)

This year
See Kansas-lol
That was the best game I've seen them play as a team this year. If we play like that we will be tough.

I know there are more reasons that gives you confidence in Indy. It could be something 20 years ago or this season. What are yours?

Lastly, is aaron Harrison wisconsin's Christian laettner? Is he disliked as much as laettner is/was to UK fans?

This post was edited on 4/2 6:17 PM by Wall2Boogie

The number one reason is nobody has figured out how to beat us yet -- when you're 38 - 0 the trend is mos def your friend.

Quite simply, we have the best team; we have one of the top 3 coaches in the country, and our fans will show up in force.

While most years the best team doesn't always win the title, I feel very good about our chances this year.

Because we are more mature than last yr., deeper, with better players, play together better and of course the X factor....Stein.

We just have so much...they got two guys...that it. We got 7 or even eight that can score 20 or more points.
I just can't see how they can come out on top.
I'm not guaranteeing it, but 9 out of 10 times, we are the better team Imo.

Originally posted by catfaninsc:

Defense wins championships.
We will definitely get a chance to prove that this week.

Wisky and Duke play very little D. MSU plays it, but they lack the elite athletes to play it well.

We are the only squad in Indy that plays elite D. Hoping that will be what we need to put us over the top.

posted by deplion:

Originally posted by catfaninsc:

Defense wins championships.
We will definitely get a chance to prove that this week.

Wisky and Duke play very little D. MSU plays it, but they lack the elite athletes to play it well.

We are the only squad in Indy that plays elite D. Hoping that will be what we need to put us over the top.
+1

It is this teams ability to play elite defense all game long, if needed, that sets it apart from other teams. Not for just a few minutes at a time but the whole game and really step it up the last 5 minutes. The CATS stats at end of game defense is insane. Even with a less than A game offensively, defense can carry this team through. You combine this teams size and athletic ability with the desire to defend and the talent to do so you present a nightmare for the opposition.

My reason is more intuitive. It just feels that we have momentum at this point. I don't see the team as feeling much pressure, because they should be brimming with confidence at this point given what they've accomplished. Something tells me these guys have no doubts about who is going to win and I expect them to come out loose and really ready to play. I'm thinking that we might see a beat down on Saturday...

2 wins away.....we have talent, athleticism.....we have a really good coach.....we have had some close calls but there's a good chance we'll make a great effort saturday.....this is truly one of a kind history that will be hard to replicate in the future by other teams.

who else is 38-0?

GBB!

This post was edited on 4/2 9:19 PM by CatsIndy2010

Lol this is like group therapy to have confidence we win it all. Hopefully I won't have to start a group therapy session thread this season. It calms the nerves. What is your take on aaron Harrison, is he the final 4 version of laettner to Wisconsin?

Dakari out-scored and out-rebounded Kaminsky last year while playing 14 less minutes. He had 5 offensive boards, rest of the team combined for 6. This year he has Willie, Karl, Trey, and Marcus to help him clean up the misses.

If our freshman come out scared on Monday like last year, we have a handful of guys who've been there before to steady the ship until they find their footing. If Duke's freshman freeze up they'll be too far down once they settle in to come back against our D.

Originally posted by UK3Pointer:
My reason is more intuitive. It just feels that we have momentum at this point. I don't see the team as feeling much pressure, because they should be brimming with confidence at this point given what they've accomplished. Something tells me these guys have no doubts about who is going to win and I expect them to come out loose and really ready to play. I'm thinking that we might see a beat down on Saturday...
If we lose to Wisconsin, people will say the Notre Dame game a an indication of a slide. If we come out blazing they'll say Notre Dame was the hot team and we have momentum from it.

I'm so damn ready for the ball to be tipped.

Because players decide the game (not a bunch of nerds on rafters) and we have the best ones

The heart of this team. Just remember this if they get down 6 with 6 minutes to go again...

They may not win, but they for d*mm sure are not going to lose.

I can't decide if i want to look at the 38 or the 0, so i find myself looking right in the middle and then working my way out!

Originally posted by maverick1:
The number one reason is nobody has figured out how to beat us yet -- when you're 38 - 0 the trend is mos def your friend.

ec

ADVERTISEMENT