Richards
Knox
Washington

Subs:

Guard: Alexander; Baker
Forwards: Vanderbilt; WG
Center: SKJ; Tai
Then Everyone Else

Hard to keep Alexander from logging major minutes in any month. No worse than the second best talent on the team. Stud.

Reactions: Cardsstink
No way he will be out Knox, Vanderbilt or Washington. He may have improved but look at what is in front of him.

Luckily for Gabriel, you have no idea who will start. Saying Gabriel won't beat out one of three Freshman that have never played a college game is just ignorant.

Last edited:
Luckily for Gabriel, you have no effing clue who will start. Saying Gabriel won't beat out one of three Freshman that have never played a college game is just ignorant.
My Good Man, to make your statement would also qualify as being ignorant. Join the club of ignorant posters.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
Luckily for Gabriel, you have no effing clue who will start. Saying Gabriel won't beat out one of three Freshman that have never played a college game is just ignorant.
And watch your F......... language on the board. You get so upset so easily you must be a teenager, you ignorant Belly Flopper.

My Good Man, to make your statement would also qualify as being ignorant. Join the club of ignorant posters.

Can't wait to visit this thread later. You have no clue who wil start as forwards.

Last edited:
And watch your F......... language on the board. You get so upset so easily you must be a teenager, you ignorant Belly Flopper.

You're getting mad that you're getting challenged on your ignorant declaration that Gabriel can't beat out one of three guys you've never even seen play in college. LOL! I'll revisit this trainreck in November.

Gabriel likely starts/plays ahead of SKJ to open the season.Knox is a safe bet to start as are Diallo and Green.That would leave one spot for Vanderbilt,Washington,Richards and SGA.

My guess is that Green 3 "wings" and a big open the season
Knox
Gabriel
Green
Diallo
Washington

If everything goes well it should be this below, all year long.

Green - Alexander/Diallo
Diallo - Alexander/Baker
Knox - Vanderbilt/Gabriel/Washington
Washington - Vanderbilt/Gabriel
Killeya Jones - Richards/

Tai is a waste of a scholly IMO. Just being real. He needs to go play for Tubby's dumb a**. Tired about hearing about the lumberjack crap. But hey ! At least he's a big body who could come in and rough some kids up in the post a bit.

Shai and Vanderbilt at least will both get major PT, and then Gabriel and Richards should play a lot. I think we go 8-9 deep all year. I believe SKJ will be a breakout player. Not 15 and 10 good, but a solid 8-9pts, 7-8rbs, 2blks a game. Richards will get better and better as the year goes along. Vanderbilt is a stud. He'll be the best 6th man in college. I think PJW starts over him, but you could have PJ coming off the bench and Vando starting wo knows.. As or Gabriel I don't know what to think. We've heard really good things, but he best have gained some BB IQ to go along with he's improved body. He probably had the worst BB IQ of any 5 star in the Cal era. The sky is the limit for him but right now I think Vanderbilt, PJW, and Knox are all better. Yeah Gabriel can still play a lot, but we'll just have to see how it plays out with him, SKJ, and Richards. IMO Gabriel may not really breakout til his JR year.

Reactions: BBN Catz 89
Tai was the best big man in the fiba games this summer. I look for him to log major minutes at the 5 spot this year..
I agree that Tai may get decent minutes in a few games, but that would have to be against teams with traditional centers like him. He is not going to start over Richards or SKJ. Tai is a solid 10th man off this bench and would start for 80-90% of the D-1 teams in the US.

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
Even if we were to land Zion, one of Barrett and Cam, and Romeo, it would be a similar story.

Poor Romeo is being harassed by Archie Miller while knowing Romeo doesn't want to spend his one year in college on a team not near the top 10. Mom says UL isn't happening. Duke and Cal are hesitating on recruiting him hard as they wait on both Cam and Barrett.

Of the 4 favorites to land him, IU doesn't have the talent, UL is in the midst of their biggest scandal in history, and there happens to be 2 other players ahead of him on both Duke and UK's board. All for a kid who has NBA All-Star type potential and would be UK's best shooter since Booker or Murray, all while being able to score in bunches like we saw with Monk last year.

I am starting to think that if Calipari finds out for sure that getting both Cam and Barrett is not going to happen in the nest week or two, no matter what, he should immediately make Romeo a top priority. Replacing Cam or Barrett with Romeo in such a class that UK is looking at will not be that big of a downgrade, it might even be an upgrade from a shooting standpoint with him being a better shooter from deep than either Cam or Barrett IMO, and still makes us massive favorite to win the NT.

Still hold out for either Cam or Barrett to decide before signing Romeo, but having him on board like Quickley would be the next best option UK could ever hope for.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always.

I agree that Tai may get decent minutes in a few games, but that would have to be against teams with traditional centers like him. He is not going to start over Richards or SKJ. Tai is a solid 10th man off this bench and would start for 80-90% of the D-1 teams in the US.

Maybe so, but where not hearing anything about him this summer so i do not know how good that bodes well for him playing this year consistently.. But i do agree Richards is really underrated, but he has got to learn to cut back on his fouling..

Not being critical of your post but if Tai could start for 80 to 90% of the D-1 teams but he can only be a 10th man here there is something wrong with what we are doing..We either have too much talent to use it correctly , the talent is not evaluated correctly or Tai could not start for 80-90% of D-1 schools.

I hope Tai plays meaningful minutes and contributes to a great season for the Cats but I think he would be a role player most places and that he does it here as well

Last edited:
November and March i heard we platooning
Green\
Diallo
Knox
Gabriel
SKJ

Alexander
Baker
Vanderbilt
Washington
Richards

Brad and Wynyard the guard and Center subs

No way to know for sure. Anyone's guess.

I'll play just for giggles.

November:

G Green
G Diallo
F Knox
F Gabriel
F Killeya-Jones

March:

G Green
G Diallo
F Knox
F Washington
F Richards

Not being critical of your post but if Tai could start for 80 to 90% of the D-1 teams but he can only be a 10th man here there is something wrong with what we are doing..We either have too much talent to use it correctly , the talent is not evaluated correctly or Tai could not start for 80-90% of D-1 schools.

I hope Tai plays meaningful minutes and contributes to a great season for the Cats but I think he would be a role player most places and that he does it here as well
I guess what I intended was that the talent level is so high (top 10% at all positions) that Tai would probably be a significant player at nearly every other d-1 school.

No worse than second best? Really?

By the time Alexander gets on campus he will have to live up to Eric Bledsoe or bust. Sheesh.

Gonna be pretty funny reliving these threads when Green starts.

I'd bet the starting lineup today is Green, Diallo, Knox, *WG / with the 4/5 still not completely filled in.

I guess what I intended was that the talent level is so high (top 10% at all positions) that Tai would probably be a significant player at nearly every other d-1 school.
Yes,he quite possibly could be and he may contribute here if he gets a chance.Our style of play doesn't lend itself to the skills he has.I believe he might give us some relief minutes in spots and be valuable in some match-up situations if Cal is willing to use him in that role.

I think it's obvious that we have two guys that probably should be considered starters talent wise with Knox and Diallo, but after that, who really knows? As a Kentucky basketball fan, I think we should all hope Gabriel is considered a full-time starter. We all know how talented of a prospect Kentucky has in Washington. If Gabriel can start over a talent like that, it can only mean great things for Kentucky this upcoming season. Green will most likely start at point guard early on. I know the kid isn't ranked that much higher than our backup pg, but when you consider the fact Green is the pg most of the elite players in the class wanted in the recruiting class, I think it's safe to assume Call will show a lot of trust to Green early on.

Nov

G- Green or Alexander
G- Diallo
F- Knox
F- Gabriel
C- Jones

6th Man Washington

Mach

G- Alexander or Green
G- Diallo
F- Knox
F- Washington
F/C Gabriel or Richards

6th Man Vanderbilt

I'm not sure if being called a starter will mean much this year. The talent is so that anyone in the top 8 could get hot during a game and play a lot that game and in later games not play as much. Many players might be the high point man in different games this year.

Its not that crazy. What are there like 350 D-1 teams? so he is saying Tai is in the Top 70 centers.

You're getting mad that you're getting challenged on your ignorant declaration that Gabriel can't beat out one of three guys you've never even seen play in college. LOL! I'll revisit this trainreck in November.
Please do us all a favor and don't bother coming back. Other RR members seem to be posting and not being so judge mental. I'm beginning to think your a troll, I mean you disguise yourself using the avatar Cardsstink. I don't think even the loserville fan base would WANT YOUR, ignorant @SS on the board spewing your hate and ignorant comments. Please crawl back into that deep dark hole that you live in little boy or girl.

Its not that crazy. What are there like 350 D-1 teams? so he is saying Tai is in the Top 70 centers.
The original post said he would start for 80-90% of them (that would be between 280 and 310 of them) maybe he could but it doesn't seem likely(not a knock on Tai or the poster)If he is that good he should log several minutes per game for us)

Please do us all a favor and don't bother coming back. Other RR members seem to be posting and not being so judge mental. I'm beginning to think your a troll, I mean you disguise yourself using the avatar Cardsstink. I don't think even the loserville fan base would WANT YOUR, ignorant @SS on the board spewing your hate and ignorant comments. Please crawl back into that deep dark hole that you live in little boy or girl.

Yawn. Such a drama queen. Your the troll dissing Gabriel, not me. Gabriel starts, day one. He may quickly lose his spot, but might not. Have fun on your red tricycle.

Last edited:
Green is gonna be a big surprise for some of you and he shouldn't be.

I think it's kind of funny that last time we had a small, pass-first freshman point guard, people were clamoring for him to start.

This time, the other guy must be better. At least to some people.

I'm all for letting it play out, but I'm excited to see Green.

Reactions: morgousky
I think it's kind of funny that last time we had a small, pass-first freshman point guard, people were clamoring for him to start.

This time, the other guy must be better. At least to some people.

I'm all for letting it play out, but I'm excited to see Green.

Aike, we can only hope that green turns into a ulis type player. If he does this team will cut the nets down in April..

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT