ADVERTISEMENT

What non rival/rivals of ours do you dislike the most?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Excluding basketball programs that we all love to hate UofL, Duke, UNC, Indiana, Tennessee, Kansas. What BB programs that's not a rival of ours do you dislike the most.
Mine would be Memphis. Memphis is such a nobody in College basketball that they wouldn't normally be a blip on my basketball radar screen. BUT, ever since Calipari left Vanderbilt's little brother (Memphis) to come here. That pathetic, little, butthurt fan base of theirs just can't get over the fact that any coach that has any kind of success there is going to leave them for a better coaching job. Calipari leaving them to come here would be like someone living in a ghetto slum, & then someone gives them a 2 million dollar home in a gated community. Anybody is going to choose the 2 million dollar home. Those idiot Memphis fans expecting Calipari to stay there after he was offered the Kentucky job. Would be like the Beverly Hillbillies staying in their little, log cabin shack after they struck oil.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Arkansas - punk coach, punk players, fans who don't understand 1994 was an eternity ago

Wisconsin - awful style, awful system, asshole fans

Memphis - don't really care about the program because I don't follow a lot of mid-majors, but their fanbase gives UL a strong run for its money in terms of inferiority complexes.

After I graduated from UK, I moved to Cincinnati for about 7 years. Great town, but UC fans are insufferable. (I was there from 92-99 so it was the Huggins years of semi-relevance.)

Reactions: sdryan2
Wisconsin.
Starting to be Gonzaga. The get the slurp fest about as much as Duke.

I live in Northern Kentucky so I’d have to say Cincinnati. They always have one or two hateable players on their team and now they have a SUPER hateable coach.

Reactions: KyJones64
Excluding basketball programs that we all love to hate UofL, Duke, UNC, Indiana, Tennessee, Kansas. What BB programs that's not a rival of ours do you dislike the most.
Mine would be Memphis. Memphis is such a nobody in College basketball that they wouldn't normally be a blip on my basketball radar screen. BUT, ever since Calipari left Vanderbilt's little brother (Memphis) to come here. That pathetic, little, butthurt fan base of theirs just can't get over the fact that any coach that has any kind of success there is going to leave them for a better coaching job. Calipari leaving them to come here would be like someone living in a ghetto slum, & then someone gives them a 2 million dollar home in a gated community. Anybody is going to choose the 2 million dollar home. Those idiot Memphis fans expecting Calipari to stay there after he was offered the Kentucky job. Would be like the Beverly Hillbillies staying in their little, log cabin shack after they struck oil.

UCONN!!!!

Ohio St.
Arkansas

Those come to mind first. Ohio St. fans are insufferable and Arkansas fans are delusional.

And he HATES UK.
Serious question. Who's their coach? I really would need to google it at this point to get the answer. THAT, in a nutshell, is how relevant Cincinnati basketball is right now.

Edit:
Never mind, I found it.
Leprechaun-Main-Getty.jpg

Arkansas - punk coach, punk players, fans who don't understand 1994 was an eternity ago

Wisconsin - awful style, awful system, asshole fans

Memphis - don't really care about the program because I don't follow a lot of mid-majors, but their fanbase gives UL a strong run for its money in terms of inferiority complexes.
This plus UCLA and Cincinnati.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Hating Indiana is like hating that pathetic drunk begging at the stop light. He's so miserable all you can do is pity him. No, I hate of UL so much I don't have any left for anyone else.

Syracuse. There fans just seem really miserable. And have been screaming “cheater” about as loud as anyone since we hired Calipari all the while they were doing a bunch of shady stuff themselves, which they won’t even acknowledge as having happened.

Boeheim in reality is one of the dirtiest coaches in CBB and probably has been for the entirety of his career. His cronies tried real hard to sabotage noel’s lone college season before it ever started.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Oregon. 100% because of Nike. Yes, I know we are a Nike school. I don't own a single UK item that has Nike on it.

After I graduated from UK, I moved to Cincinnati for about 7 years. Great town, but UC fans are insufferable. (I was there from 92-99 so it was the Huggins years of semi-relevance.)
I live in Northern Kentucky so I’d have to say Cincinnati. They always have one or two hateable players on their team and now they have a SUPER hateable coach.
Cronin would have been the perfect U6 coach
You're right about Cincinnati. With the combination of a jerk coach (Cronin) and a fan base that's ate up with jealousy when it comes to UK. They're hard to like.

ADVERTISEMENT