ADVERTISEMENT

What I've heard over the last week (COACH)...

Cameron Johnson is a bad defender? Say what? He led his team at steals and Stallings put him on the opposing teams best 3, 4, or 5 most nights.

His interior DEF is excellent. What he is lacking is the lateral quickness to guard smaller guards effectively. Especially the 6'5" type you see in the NBA.

That's a FAR cry from being a bad defender.

Calipari will love his game and cannot wait for his commitment.

Cameron Johnson is a bad defender? Say what? He led his team at steals and Stallings put him on the opposing teams best 3, 4, or 5 most nights.

His interior DEF is excellent. What he is lacking is the lateral quickness to guard smaller guards effectively. Especially the 6'5" type you see in the NBA.

Thanks for all the info you have been posting about Cam. If you don't mind my asking, are you close to the situation with Johnson; you seem very knowledgeable.

@ralphdaltonfan I like how we have different information from different sides of things...

Well, I was wrong on Bam in the end. One person who spoke to me about Bam maybe staying had to do with several NBA agents not being able to sign him.

I also know of one agent that recommended Bam to go back to UK.

The other person I discussed about Bam is an NBA front office personnel that received a phone call asking for a draft range and whether they'd be interested in him. This team is currently in the playoffs.

It's not unlike NBA teams to give a gentlemen's agreement to draft a player, although it's a little early in the process for that.

Other than that, I think FL getting a different transfer may have taken them out of the Johnson sweepstakes.

In this case, I have a good friend who has very close connection with Bam, and knew he was leaving and really just deciding who to sign with. Same guy was told he was going to UK when it was assumed he'd be NC State bound with Dennis Smith Jr.

Appreciate what you add to the board and share. Anyone who gets info has had things they've been told end up going in another direction. Just sucks when it's not positive because fans tend to get upset and "credibility" gets questioned. You've got some actual source(s) and contacts. I've got a very close friend who is connected and shares things he gets time to time--and he's a huge BBN fan. Like you, I just come here to talk hoops and enjoy the basketball discussion and sharing some things.

Don't let anything discourage you as your contributions are great and love this site because it's got Basketball talk going 24/7, 365, and the passion is what makes it great.

Back home with Momma could have changed things... I didn't realize he went back home before he made up his mind.

UK fans are so knowledgeable.

I'm sure you all also know that Bam comes from really humble beginnings. Money will be life changing for his family.
He seems like a great guy.

In this case, I have a good friend who has very close connection with Bam, and knew he was leaving and really just deciding who to sign with. Same guy was told he was going to UK when it was assumed he'd be NC State bound with Dennis Smith Jr.

Appreciate what you add to the board and share. Anyone who gets info has had things they've been told end up going in another direction. Just sucks when it's not positive because fans tend to get upset and "credibility" gets questioned. You've got some actual source(s) and contacts. I've got a very close friend who is connected and shares things he gets time to time--and he's a huge BBN fan. Like you, I just come here to talk hoops and enjoy the basketball discussion and sharing some things.

Don't let anything discourage you as your contributions are great and love this site because it's got Basketball talk going 24/7, 365, and the passion is what makes it great.

Good post.
Your intel regarding bam is relatively accurate but really over the past couple weeks.

Just because the news is not different from what some are saying does not make it any less valuable. There is a big difference between someone saying "I could've told you this" and someone like Coach coming here and providing info. It's called CREDIBILITY.

If only for some confirmation to different rumors going around, it's still very valuable. There are always different rumors going around and we always have our own opinion about everything but it's nice to hear confirmation with credibility.

If you knew Coach, I doubt you'd be so disrespectful. The guy has been very generous with the info he has recieved in the past and some of us would like it to continue. His info has been accurate and he's a well respected poster here. So, we hope he continues to post what he hears, despite some who are a bit disrespectful. Just appreciate it.

I'm not being disrespectful. I'm just making an observation. I'll check back after all of this plays out.

sorry but lets not talk up a player's defense when he played for the 306th team in defensive efficiency ...
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/defensive-efficiency

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT