ADVERTISEMENT

What is the nature of Duval's eligibilty issue?

SilentsAreGolden

All-American
Dec 12, 2007
I've heard it said that he won't be eligible, but why? Some prep school that doesn't have the proper accreditation or something like that? Poor grades?

Looks like Jackson and Allen returning would give him second thoughts about Duke.

Basically, he spent some time at Advanced Prep, which closed because the NCAA said they wouldn't accept credits from there because it was a fake school for athletes.

Apparently their jerseys were the wrong shade of blue, so lots of kids like Duval and Preston scrambled to get to powerhouse schools to try and look legitimate.

Reactions: brianpoe
Basically, he spent some time at Advanced Prep, which closed because the NCAA said they wouldn't accept credits from there because it was a fake school for athletes.

Apparently their jerseys were the wrong shade of blue, so lots of kids like Duval and Preston scrambled to get to powerhouse schools to try and look legitimate.
And he played at 4 different high schools. That's generally not a sign of academic stability.

Reactions: awf and brianpoe

So Advanced Prep is the UNC of high school?

This kid will go to KU, his eligibility will be in question up until like two weeks before the season and then be suspended for like 6 games....

KU loves taking these kids with eligibility issues but always gets them eligible....but no one will call Self or KU out. If I remember Bragg had similar issues (shocking)

I think Duval and Preston were taking on

I seem to recall he stopped taking classes through API and instead was taking online college courses from some Big-10 school.

Idk but had a Grand Salami 2nite.
Yessir and wasn't it glorious? reds looking much better than expected love the bullpen and the starting rotation is halfway decent but due to youth wouldn't be surprised to see the wheels fall off any minute, a loss tonight would've been bad after the series with the brew crew. But we could be decent and surprise some folk.

Like UNC?

I've heard it's eventually going to be fine with Duvall, he's going to need to take some classes over the summer to make up a couple credits. Which is fairly common now with online courses.

I'm not a huge fan of him.

If a blue blood doesn't take him, I've heard Seton Hall may be the landing spot.

There's a reason Cal didn't go after this kid. High and mighty Durham phonies are desperate for him and would take him in a heartbeat.

This kid will go to KU, his eligibility will be in question up until like two weeks before the season and then be suspended for like 6 games....

KU loves taking these kids with eligibility issues but always gets them eligible....but no one will call Self or KU out. If I remember Bragg had similar issues (shocking)

I don't think it was Bragg but Cheik Diallo and he missed quite a bit of time.

I've heard it's eventually going to be fine with Duvall, he's going to need to take some classes over the summer to make up a couple credits. Which is fairly common now with online courses.

I'm not a huge fan of him.

If a blue blood doesn't take him, I've heard Seton Hall may be the landing spot.
Duke and Kansas both have SG that are trying to play PG and their coaches need to get them PT. I just don't see Duval going somewhere he can't get 30-35 minutes. We shall see.

Duke and Kansas both have SG that are trying to play PG and their coaches need to get them PT. I just don't see Duval going somewhere he can't get 30-35 minutes. We shall see.
Duval will get 30-35 mins next year.

Here's how Duke's rotations should look like:

PG: Duval (30 mins)/Jackson (10 mins)
SG: Jackson (20 mins)/Allen (20 mins)
SF: Allen (10 mins)/Trent (20 mins)/White (10 mins)
PF: Carter (25-30 mins)/DeLaurier (10-15 mins)
C: Bolden (25-30 mins)/Vrankovic (10-15 mins)

Getting Knox would remove White and DeLaurier entirely from the rotation since he would play at least 20-25 mins I would imagine interchanging at the 3 or 4 spot.

Getting Bamba would cut remove Antonio Vrankovic from the rotation and shave 10 minutes away from Bolden's playing time.

Yessir and wasn't it glorious? reds looking much better than expected love the bullpen and the starting rotation is halfway decent but due to youth wouldn't be surprised to see the wheels fall off any minute, a loss tonight would've been bad after the series with the brew crew. But we could be decent and surprise some folk.

Are you serious? The Reds will be good till All Star break and then they will look like a HS team. Typical Cincy!

ADVERTISEMENT