ADVERTISEMENT

What is Cal’s Plan?

Serious question.

If 9 wins wasn’t humiliating enough….

If not winning the SEC wasn’t humiliating enough…

If getting beaten by #15 seed St. Peter’s with the NPOY wasn’t humiliating enough…

If the Shaedon Sharpe debacle wasn’t humiliating enough…

If losing Jai Lucas to Duke wasn’t humiliating enough…

If your former Asst. Coach rebuilding our biggest rival (and potentially pulling Wagner) isn’t humiliating enough …

WHAT IS?

because by the looks of things — we are going to be good, but not elite in the Fall. And, it sure seems Cal is CONTENT to roll with who we have.

Duke not only pulled Lucas from Cal, they now have their pick of prized recruits.

While THEIR ‘23 class is basically DONE - we have ONE recruit: Reed Sheppard.

UL appears to be in the drivers seat for Cal’s “ace in the hole” DJ Wagner …

and yet — we STILL don’t have an assistant coach hired to replace Lucas yet…

I’m SO CONFUSED by Cal’s “plan” … because right now … it DOES NOT seem like he has one.

Curious your thoughts, @ralphdaltonfan …?
His plan is painfully obvious.... count his $$$ money and piss off his critics...no change from the past several years.

Serious question.

If getting beaten by #15 seed St. Peter’s with the NPOY wasn’t humiliating enough…

If your former Asst. Coach rebuilding our biggest rival (and potentially pulling Wagner) isn’t humiliating enough …

WHAT IS?

because by the looks of things — we are going to be good, but not elite in the Fall. And, it sure seems Cal is CONTENT to roll with who we have.

Duke not only pulled Lucas from Cal, they now have their pick of prized recruits.

I’m SO CONFUSED by Cal’s “plan” … because right now … it DOES NOT seem like he has one.

You act like Duke is winning the NC every year which indicates you are not very knowledgeable about college basketball. Find another hobby and go post there.

I hope he has one..he has to have a plan…doesn’t he?
He doesn’t even know how to implement multiple defenses in his schemes. He has to know what he’s doing to actually have a plan. I’d say there are people on this board who could actually run the basketball program better than cal has of recent time and that isn’t a joke.

Nobody knows because Cal is being silent. Inappropriately silent.

We just had two of the most disappointing seasons of CAL'S career, and his prize recruit has bolted without logging a minute of playing time, and he has nothing to say.
that is the sad part.....he doesn't even have the guts to face the fans
he feels he owes them no explanations
he displayed his coward nature when he did not even complete his radio obligation
he turns his back on the fans & then begs them to come to the games.....two faced as a mirror

He doesn’t even know how to implement multiple defenses in his schemes. He has to know what he’s doing to actually have a plan. I’d say there are people on this board who could actually run the basketball program better than cal has of recent time and that isn’t a joke.
if he knew this, UK might have a couple more NCAA titles, but remember he doesn't watch game film of the opponent
Wonder if Nick Saban uses that same method to get his teams ready......I doubt it

well since Arkansas beat UK & went further n the tournament, it would appear that their method is superior the the clueless style of your hero

Yea, kind of an odd rebuttal. Let's ignore the weird claim that "Calipari is my hero." But the title of this thread isn't "Did UK beat Arkansas last season?" It asks what Calipari's plan is. And the reality is that he can only have one plan. Add better talent, coach players up, be better at X's and O's. That's it. And if he can't improve those, he will eventually be fired or leave. You all act like this is complicated. It isn't.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
well since Arkansas beat UK & went further n the tournament, it would appear that their method is superior the the clueless style of your hero
I think you may have just found a new team. Woo Pig.

wow, you have the guts to say that when Duke is dominating UK on & off the court & just took away UK's best recruiter...........
man that koolaid must be extra strong today
Hasn’t done duke much good. They have been the biggest underachievers in basketball over the last several years.

If I were betting, I'd say Cal is putting fillers out for NBA jobs. If he's still here next season, it will be like Peter from Office Space. Just not giving a crap because you know you're leaving anyway.
I think in reading the tea leaves, it is more likely he is posturing to take Vitale's place or perhaps Bill Rafferty's place. He has seen the the money thrown at Brady . Brady may be in line to make more than he did as a player and Cal may make more in the broadcast booth than he did as a coach.

Having stated this I think he has confided in Barnhart that this may be his last year unless he has a change of heart, Note that no out of state players have committed for 2023, no one from the portal who has eligibility beyond this coming season has committed either. He will not promise anyone that he will be the coach in 2023. Even Wagner is now trending to U of L. Likely his camp knows that Cal may not be around .

Same trend with assistant coaches. No one jumping to replace Jai Lucas. Brad Calipari ? Nope? Likely one of the fifty year olds already on the bench. Bruiser?

So nothing that points to Cal being around in 2023. Certainly the new home in Nashville where he and Ellen are spending most of their time is also an important piece of the puzzle. The final nail in the coffin will be when the for sale sign goes up on Richmond Road. I predict it will be sometime in the late spring of 2023. At that time all of the pieces of the puzzle will be in place and an orderly retirement after UK's exit from the sweet 16 will not be unexpected.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Hasn’t done duke much good. They have been the biggest underachievers in basketball over the last several years.
again you are so enthralled by your hero that you can't see the facts...........
duke has had a better record, beaten uk head to head & owned uk in recruiting
duke has won a title and made a final four since uk sniffed a final four
if you call Duke the biggest underachiever...........what does that make uk

Reactions: Cawood86 and KFuqua
again you are so enthralled by your hero that you can't see the facts...........
duke has had a better record, beaten uk head to head & owned uk in recruiting
duke has won a title and made a final four since uk sniffed a final four
if you call Duke the biggest underachiever...........what does that make uk
If they have owned recruiting then why haven’t they won more. 13-11 and missed the tournament. Must be coaching.

Serious question.

WHAT IS?

Don’t think he has one, I’m getting the idea that he’s cruising into retirement now.

ADVERTISEMENT