ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Levis ability to run?

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
It’s gone on all season. He’s stayed in the pocket and doesn’t seem to be trying to make plays with his legs. Last year his running game was a big part of our success. Not much play action either. No real deception when the ball is snapped. I mean at times like against msu Levis looked at his receiver before the snap and then threw it to him for pick 6. Today he telegraphed everything he threw. All of this stuff affects to oline I’m starting to believe our oline has struggled because teams know exactly what we are going to do.

and btw on this rant. Where is magwood? This guy can make some plays but I didn’t see him tonight.

I just checked his stats and Levis had 376 ground yards last year and this year has negative 46. Also his two years at psu he used his legs. Seems like forcing him to stay in the pocket is killing his game. Very telling stats

Reactions: NostraDanis
Coen left and scang has advised him to stop. Hardly any read option which made him a threat last year. That was a big discussion when scan was hired. Basically said he doesn’t do many QB designed runs.

I think Eddie Gran would be better for Levi’s than this dude. Gran never had a QB with this much ability.

As I’ve said over and over, he’s being allowed to showcase from the pocket for draft status . It’s been obvious since early on that our team is way more versitile and the offense harder to manage with Levis running. It also is safer for him without an offensive line.

We’re sacrificing games to help his draft stock. Can’t believe anyone would debate this.

Draft status to show off . Period . NFL doesnt want running QB's .
Two best QB in NFL run all the time Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes - false statement - not asking him to run designed plays except maybe red zone area but you can at least scramble or step up in pocket

Two best QB in NFL run all the time Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes - false statement - not asking him to run designed plays except maybe red zone area but you can at least scramble or step up in pocket
I guess my lack of NFL knowledge is exposed .. I couldn't tell you what team Josh Allen plays for .. But I can tell you this high 1st round draft pick talk , and the position they obviously dont want to risk WL getting injured by calling runs or taking off on a called pass play has destroyed our offense ... carry on .

Man I get tired enough of this “we’re playing him like this because that’s how he’ll play in the NBA!” trash on the basketball side, now we have to hear it from the football side too?

Whatever happened to using the skills you have in college to WIN COLLEGE GAMES? Shit, man.

As I’ve said over and over, he’s being allowed to showcase from the pocket for draft status . It’s been obvious since early on that our team is way more versitile and the offense harder to manage with Levis running. It also is safer for him without an offensive line.

We’re sacrificing games to help his draft stock. Can’t believe anyone would debate this.
Because this isn’t Calapari and if UK is doing this, it’s doing anything but hurting his draft stock because his pocket presence is awful and his decision making is even worst under pressure.

I think it’s more about him taking less hits because the dude would absolutely try to run opponents over last season when he got out and ran. The ironic thing is he’s taking shots in the pocket instead when he gets sacked.

Reactions: STL_Cat

This. Do I understand it? Yes but I have mixed feelings about it. I want to see him go #1 too but not at the expense of losing games.

Part of this is in will as well. Staff can't trust him to be smart when he runs. Instead of sliding he tries to jump over people etc. We all love that about him but he needs to make better decisions about protecting himself when he does run

Reactions: jauk11
This. Do I understand it? Yes but I have mixed feelings about it. I want to see him go #1 too but not at the expense of losing games.

Part of this is in will as well. Staff can't trust him to be smart when he runs. Instead of sliding he tries to jump over people etc. We all love that about him but he needs to make better decisions about protecting himself when he does run
They need to let Will Levis be Will Levis, what they’re doing isn’t working.

They need to let Will Levis be Will Levis, what they’re doing isn’t working.

I'd love to see the read option back. Just hope he learns how to slide.

The way Levis is playing under this staff, they’re killing his NFL prospects.

Quite the opposite. End of last year he was barely on an NFL radar. He was just an athlete with an inaccurate arm who threw to one guy or ran. He had no idea how to play the position.

There's a reason this season he rocketed up the boards. He's shown flashes of playing QB and shown he's accepting coaching.

Great for him but our offense is more or less getting used to help him in the draft.

I'd love to see the read option back. Just hope he learns how to slide.

Quite the opposite. End of last year he was barely on an NFL radar. He was just an athlete with an inaccurate arm who threw to one guy or ran. He had no idea how to play the position.

There's a reason this season he rocketed up the boards. He's shown flashes of playing QB and shown he's accepting coaching.

Great for him but our offense is more or less getting used to help him in the draft.
Last I saw he was dropping faster than the panties in a Harvey Weinstein actress audition. Coaches are killing him.

• Haha
Reactions: Ugoff
ADVERTISEMENT