ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think Denny Crum is thinking about.......

feelthebeirne

Freshman
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2004
Palmyra, Indiana
this situation with UL/Pitino/Jurich. You think deep down he may be laughing a bit deep down inside ?
He may be thinking "Ha ha, that's what you get for running me out ! :mad:

Reactions: CatTough
this situation with UL/Pitino/Jurich. You think deep down he may be laughing a bit deep down inside ?
He's been down on that bunch for a while, often picking UK in matches, which had to make UL fans furious.

Reactions: MbergCat
Denny has to be laughing deep down,I sure would be after the way they treated him.And i'm not a Denny fan at all.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
He used some "tactics and info" heading out the door that increased his buyout to the point he is still getting 6 figures from UL.

Denny Crum has been paid 5.7 million dollars over the last 7 years by the UofL foundation. He's probably sad?

I saw coach Crum at a country club in Louisville a few weeks ago. I didn't speak with him,
I only said hello in passing. But I was actually thinking the same thing.
I believe he would be broken hearted at the way Jurich and Pitino have made a laughing
stock of the university...

Reactions: beasleythecard
I liked him better after he "retired" from UL and he did portray himself to be a class act while coaching. The biggest problem I had with him is when he started the campaign to initiate the UK/UL series. Made comments such as "Ricky Gallon would eat Robey and Phillips alive", "we don't need Kentucky on our schedule", etc.

Probably hoping he doesn't get bounced off the payroll when the financial ish hits the fan.

At his age he probably spends most of his time thinking about fishing and playing golf. I think he may have been pushed out at U of L so he may be getting a chuckle out of all the things that have happened since Pitino arrived.

I'm guessing he's thinking about how far he has to keep Susan away from any/all the coaching staffs and their boss. You can bet she is on a very short leash when certtain coaches come around..If 15 seconds is all she needs, Pitino is her man....Jus sayin

Most younger UL fans have no idea who Denny Crum is. He built the UL basketball program. Two NCAAT titles, '80 and '86. Passed up returning to UCLA multiple times. Always handled himself in a classy manner.

If you're saying he was classy as compared to Pitino I'll agree, but truly classy .. not IMO. When the Cards won the natty in 1980 they put on shirts saying "Louisville- the University of Kentucky. Obviously they were made before the game (so they were approved by Crum) and clearly show UL's obsession with UK... To me that was a bush league move and shows UL inferiority even back then. Was it a big deal? No but it shows a lack of class IMO... If UK won a natty and put on shirts talking about UL I'd be pissed.

Plus, Crum was UCLA's chief recruiter if memory serves. He didn't get all those players because he so damn good looking. I bet he knew Sam Gilbert very well.... and there are people who could confirm this I'd bet.

He's just glad nobody caught on to WWW while he was funneling recruits to U of L in the 80s.

Reactions: Zakk Wyldcat
He is thinking thank goodness I coached when I did or the NCAA would have been a permanent resident on campus.

I ran into Denny the Crumb at the Detroit airport. Wanted to ask if he'd recruited any Prop 48s recently but he's an old man so I let him be.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
UL was put on probation in the 90's under Crum. UL fans ignore is like it never happened.

Who would have thought 20 or 25 years ago that a lot of us one day would like Denny Crum better than we like Rick Pitino. I know that's how I feel. And considering how much that I used to dislike bordering on hated Crum... Well things change.

ADVERTISEMENT