ADVERTISEMENT

What do you consider your personal sports offseason?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
For me, from the end of the NCAA Tournament until the 4th of July.

The NFL Draft and to a lesser extent the NBA Draft are about the only sporting events I pay attention to.

Not a baseball fan, or golf, or NASCAR.

Once the Fourth of July comes and goes, then I really start feeling the sports seasons coming on.

I like baseball and NASCAR but it's summer for me for sure. Actually it's when the NCAAT ends.

Not an NBA fan so I pretty much wait till college football starts. I do like the NFL draft and MLB draft in summer but those are just events that keep me entertained.

I watch major tennis events, mainly because I play myself so I find it interesting especially doubles matches, but even that bores me after a while. When the dog days of summer are here in August I start picking up NFL preseason games. Other than that I occasionally watch Pro Football Talk with Mike Floria which is pretty interesting year round.

The day after the college football season ends until the opening day of MLB, with some relief from college baseball and Spring training.

Reactions: ram1955
I've watched less and less baseball and Nascar over the last few years. NBA and NHL playoffs keep me entertained, but all summer is mostly golf until football starts back. Summer is definitely my off season for watching. But I play a lot of golf in the summer to make up. Corp Softball leagues also.

I know I’ll be the odd ball here, but dirt track racing keeps me going between uk basketball and uk football (season ticket holder). Dirt late model racing is the best kept secret in the country. Florence Speedway holds one of the best races of the year (North-South 100) in early August.

I know I’ll be the odd ball here, but dirt track racing keeps me going between uk basketball and uk football (season ticket holder). Dirt late model racing is the best kept secret in the country. Florence Speedway holds one of the best races of the year (North-South 100) in early August.
I go to that every year. Great race.

Once the NBA playoffs end, I don't closely follow any sport until the NBA starts up again. College basketball is wrapped up in that period. Everything else I am a casual fan at best outside of Kentucky football and New England Patriots football.

I watch a lot of golf (I play quite a bit), and a little NBA playoffs if ex Cats are playing.....haven't watched a full major league baseball game in years. I love to watch the triple crown horse races and maybe make a wager or two. Start reading everything I can about college football starting in August.

I am with you. I once was a huge NASCAR fan and went to every track from Texas to Daytona and spent thousands of dollars. Then they went Hollywood and stuck their middle finger at fans like me. So I started going to local dirt tracks and found out it was what real racing should be. Now I am hooked.

Reactions: MountainParkway
Horse Racing and the Chicago Cubs gets me to the fall for UK football and then UK basketball.....

Unfortunately, from my wife's perspective, there is no offseason. I'm a diehard Cubs fan so baseball begins in ST and with them being good the past 3 years, into October. UK football takes me away on Saturdays starting in Sept and UK basketball has me from Nov-March.

The day after the college football season ends until the opening day of MLB, with some relief from college baseball and Spring training.

Yep, pretty much, although spring sports start for me when I can start to play golf regularly . . . which of course has not happened yet in Lexington. :(

Golf season on TV is most of the year, but obviously, The Masters is must watch TV for me in the spring.

College football and NFL give way to college basketball which gives way to MLB and college baseball.
Don't care at all about NBA or hockey. I enjoy watching golf, tennis, NASCAR, fishing or any other random sporting event on occasion.

Right now. I have lifting for my HS kids to keep me occupied and itll start really picking up once fake football (7v7s) start. But right now just sucks...especially considering im a reds fan

Reactions: Deeeefense
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT