ADVERTISEMENT

What did Duke do to beat Wisconsin

BIG BLUE GURU

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2007
By double digits at Wisconsin? I didn't see the game but was thinking about that this morning. Hope Cal can pick up on something from watching that game. Seems all the talking heads are saying Wisconsin is a lot like Notre Dame only with more length to match up with Kentucky but then they say Kentucky will have less problems with Wisconsin. I believe Kentucky did not have one of its best Defensive games against Notre Dame and I hope they put it all together for Wisconsin but man I see this game being our toughest test yet. Wisconsin's shooting, basketball fundamentals & Length could give us fits.

Originally posted by BIG BLUE GURU:
By double digits at Wisconsin? I didn't see the game but was thinking about that this morning. Hope Cal can pick up on something from watching that game. Seems all the talking heads are saying Wisconsin is a lot like Notre Dame only with more length to match up with Kentucky but then they say Kentucky will have less problems with Wisconsin. I believe Kentucky did not have one of its best Defensive games against Notre Dame and I hope they put it all together for Wisconsin but man I see this game being our toughest test yet. Wisconsin's shooting, basketball fundamentals & Length could give us fits.
This Wisconsin team >>>>>>>>> that wisconsin team

regardless of any other reason, we won't be facing the team Duke beat. This Wisconsin team is for real right now. They are hungry, and if we come out like we did against notre dame, we will lose. And thats the damn truth.

Frank I'm not worried about. Dekker is legit, but so is Aaron, Andrew, Towns, and the rest of them. If we come out guns blazing like we did against WVU, we are winning this thing.

UW has struggled with athleticism. As long as our bigs dont get early fouls i think they will guard Kaminsky fine. We will again miss Alex as he checked him on the permiter alot last year

Jackson scored 25 in that game. Dekker didn't do much I don't think. Kaminsky had something like 17. They could not handle Tyus Jones driving into the lane and also dropping some threes.

That game was very early in the season and wouldn't be of much value at this stage of the season.

I don't know what we need to do to beat them, but I definitely like that we have a week to prepare to do it. Wouldn't really want to face them with just two days to prepare. I like our staff having a long time to scout and prepare for next weekend.

Sam Dekker had and played with a foot injury. Early in the year does not matter. All that matters is now.

Wisconsin's opponents are shooting 45% against them this year.

Kentucky can drive on them. Towns can feast on their interior. The Wisconsin guards are steady, but none of them will take over the game. If UK can hold them collectively to under 20 points, UK will likely win.

big Frank plays behind his man and plays not to foul. He flops a lot but our bigs should score at will like last might. Guard the three and hope they don't throw in prayers like yesterday.

Originally posted by AnarchoNeoLuddite:
UW has struggled with athleticism. As long as our bigs dont get early fouls i think they will guard Kaminsky fine. We will again miss Alex as he checked him on the permiter alot last year
And Wisconsin struggled against athleticism again yesterday. It just got overshadowed because Sam Dekker suddenly turned into Steph Curry.

Wisconsin has no one who should be able to beat UK off the dribble (unlike Notre Dame). The only guy they had who could beat Arizona off the dribble was Kaminsky, and that's just not going to be as easy for him against UK.

ALso, when Duke was making their second half run that won the game for them, Wisconsin was missing contested layups and makeable post shots

It was early in the season, adn Wisconsin is playing better now than then, but it was nevertheless a very good performance by Duke on the road

2015 UK Team with Willie >>>>>>>>> 2014 UK Team without Willie

Kaminsky 8pts 5rbs last year
Dekker 15pts 4rbs last year

Brust (or however you spell his name, the senior from last year) now gone blistered us with 3 pointers for 15pts.

Wasn't Frank the Tank out for that game?

Disregard, that was the Rutgers game.
This post was edited on 3/29 5:33 PM by CatCop

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT