ADVERTISEMENT

What did Dontae do wrong?

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
Am I the only one who watched Allen miss a wide open three at a critical moment, then come down on the other end, not block out, give up an offensive rebound and then commit a foul?

That was a horrendous stretch of basketball and one you simply can't have when you're trying to earn playing time. Cal gave him a chance -- at a critical time in the game. And Allen rewarded him with critical miscues.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who watched Allen miss a wide open three at a critical moment, then come down on the other end, not block out, give up an offensive rebound and then commit a foul?

That was a horrendous stretch of basketball and one you simply can't have when you're trying to earn playing time. Cal game him a chance -- at a critical time in the game. And Allen rewarded him with critical miscues.

You're not the only one. Allen got minutes tonight and I didn't see much. Granted, you didn't see much from anyone on that end, so I'll give him a pass.

But this endless clamoring for Allen based on nothing more than his HS stats and some videos they saw of him shooting is tiring.

You all realize everyone that plays here was a ridiculous HS player, right? And guess what? The ones who can't hit the broad side of a barn so far will walk into the gym right now and light it up. There's a difference in the guys that can score in HS or against a chair, and the guys that can score at the high D1 level.

I'm not saying Allen can't. I'm not sure any of us know enough to make an assessment or run around crying foul.

Hit our only 3 in 2 games then sits.
I'd have to watch the tape but it's likely a defensive issue. He did have a good look and bricked it badly near the end, so that could be it too. Maybe he should quit telling them the thing about "missing them all." Somehow, we need kids whose confidence is built up so they don't look so bad at the beginning of the season. Hey, "young team" is always a good bailout excuse.

ADVERTISEMENT