ADVERTISEMENT

What could Cal do with the average Tubby roster?

Cal would have gone to the FF with several Tubby rosters. Cal went to FF with UMass and Memphis with teams no more talented than what Tubby here.

Tubby had some great teams. Tubby couldn't coach. Tubby had the worst record against teams seeded lower than him for his career. Since Cal has been here he has the best record against teams seeded higher than us.
Tubby had a 73% winning will be in Naismith HOF and he can’t coach
What a stupid remark!!

Cal would have gone to the FF with several Tubby rosters. Cal went to FF with UMass and Memphis with teams no more talented than what Tubby here.

Tubby had some great teams. Tubby couldn't coach. Tubby had the worst record against teams seeded lower than him for his career. Since Cal has been here he has the best record against teams seeded higher than us.
Cal only had two of the best college players of all time on those FF teams at UMass and Memphis 🤦🏻‍♂️

I said on another site can you imagine how ugly it would be with Cal coaching Tubby talent?
A poster had a good answer by saying the 9-16 season is what it would look like.

Unless I’m leaving someone out Tubby recruited only 4 guys Bogans, Rondo, Prince, and Hayes that spent multiple years in the NBA. I’m not counting the 1998 team because Tubby didn’t recruit them.

Can you imagine how bad it would be if Cal coached a decade with only 4 NBA caliber players? 😳😳

I’m not sure we would make the NCAAT in any season. We would definitely miss it more than we made it.

Why would Calipari and any future UK coach take inferior talent?

All these what if threads are dumb as hell but this might be the dumbest. Whoever takes caliparis place better recruit on almost the same level with more flexibility on the x and o side.

Why would Calipari and any future UK coach take inferior talent?

All these what if threads are dumb as hell but this might be the dumbest. Whoever takes caliparis place better recruit on almost the same level with more flexibility on the x and o side.
Good thing is that most coaches don’t have to recruit at Cal’s level to win,
Cal has to out talent the other coach.
He even stinks at that now.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Good thing is that most coaches don’t have to recruit at Cal’s level to win,
Cal has to out talent the other coach.
He even stinks at that now.
Cal used to be able to hide his in game coaching deficiencies by out talenting the other team/coach. Somehow that isn't working anymore. The 'why' in that is the debate. Game changed? Lack of fire from Cal? Who knows, but he isn't holding up to his end of the bargain lately. And it really isn't from a lack of talent. He's still been getting better talent than almost any school or coach, but the results and trending down.

The irony is one of Cal's own quotes; "You can't hide at Kentucky". Welp, coach, we see you. You have no clothes.

I said on another site can you imagine how ugly it would be with Cal coaching Tubby talent?
A poster had a good answer by saying the 9-16 season is what it would look like.

Unless I’m leaving someone out Tubby recruited only 4 guys Bogans, Rondo, Prince, and Hayes that spent multiple years in the NBA. I’m not counting the 1998 team because Tubby didn’t recruit them.

Can you imagine how bad it would be if Cal coached a decade with only 4 NBA caliber players? 😳😳

I’m not sure we would make the NCAAT in any season. We would definitely miss it more than we made it.
lose the majority of his games

Calipari wouldn’t have coached most of the players Tubby recruited..they weren’t ranked high enough
Of course I’m assuming you mean him coaching at Kentucky..we’d have seen very different teams

ADVERTISEMENT