ADVERTISEMENT

What are you listening to?

I might have to drive up for this one! Black Classical Music was my favorite jazz offering from last year. Just a beautiful album start to finish.

I thought it amazing that they were going to be at such a small venue. Spyro Gyra and Stanley Clarke will be there, also, fyi.

Also, you liked my post from a while back about HIGH FADE, from Scotland. They are coming back through … will be at Madison Live in Covington on 04/12/24.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossip
For lovers of King Crimson, Kentucky’s own KC alumnus Adrian Belew is bringing their music to the Taft Theatre in Cincinnati with a PHENOMENAL line-up on
10/26 …. Should be AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tix on sale now !!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HymanKaplan

Recorded in 1967. Six months later Jimmy Page stole it and his band The Yardbirds began playing it during their live performances. Two years later Page’s new band, Led Zeppelin, recorded it for their first album. A 2010 lawsuit was settled out of court.
Cool story !! ... Along those lines, if not familiar with him, you might enjoy this video about Terry Reid, who was originally selected by Jimmy Page to be the lead singer for Led Zeppelin. I've got several of Reid's albums and really enjoy them.

Last edited:

Recorded in 1967. Six months later Jimmy Page stole it and his band The Yardbirds began playing it during their live performances. Two years later Page’s new band, Led Zeppelin, recorded it for their first album. A 2010 lawsuit was settled out of court.
The rabbit hole on Jake Holmes produced the following:

Corporate jingle legend, creator of "Be, all that you can be" and "Be a Pepper". Crazy.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
attachment-rose_maree_garcia_ac_dc_whole_lotta_rosie.jpeg

We’ve all heard lyrics describing Rosie’s measurements as 42-39-56. That’s a good sized woman. There’s another lyric which describes her as 19 stone. Stone being a British measurement of weight, equaling 14 pounds. That works out to 266 pounds. There’s one known photo of Rosie with Bon Scott.

Reactions: megablue
If we're gonna do songs in that era, I give you the incomparable Ian Astbury...

I've seen The Cult many times and they are always fantastic !! They're still as good as ever !!
I just wish they'd play more than 90 minutes. Time flies during their show !!
Although I love every song they've done, here are my three (3) favorite songs:

Last edited:
Billy Joel's The Stranger. Still holds up. Get it Right the First Time would be a single for many; here it's the 9th best song.

ADVERTISEMENT