ADVERTISEMENT

What are the Cats chances of getting RJ Barrett

bucsrule8872,

YES! I have successfully got you to go from impossible to unlikely.

Before you know it, unlikely will change into it being a longshot...

Slowly getting you all aboard my signing the big 3 train!

Can you read?

I never said impossible.

Pay attention, my friend.

Speaking of changing your stance, your original stance was there was no way we get more than one of Reddish, Barrett, and Langford.

So, I guess you are the one that finally came around. LOL!

Reactions: EclipsingYou
We will probably get one of Vanderbilt, Washington, and Richards back. Just don't know which one at this point.

I don't see Green as OAD. Too small to spend a first round pick on.

Green and one of Vanderbilt, Washington, and Richards added to Quickley, Williamson, and Reddish or Barrett would give us a superstar starting lineup. Killeya-Jones, Gilgeous-Alexnader, Baker, and Wynyard provide excellent depth.
Vanderbilt, Washington and Richards are one and done.

Smooth as butter,

As the great bucsrule8872 has pointed out quite a few times, Cal has NEVER had 5 OAD players and that included quite a few classes with 5 players ranked higher than our current class.

I believe PJ gets deemed as a tweener when projected as a NBA player and returns.

Richards is as close to gone as possible. Coming from such poor surroundings, his measurables from the USA vs the World game alone will get him drafted really high no matter how his season goes. 7'4" wingspan with the highest standing vertical jump ever recorded by any player at the Hoops Summit game where it is USA vs. The World.

I put JV at 50/50. I think he may be more talented than any other recruit, but am not sure how the injury he is getting over will affect his game. Look what sitting out for a while did to Skal!

Bucsrules8872, just for today, can you "like our chances of landing Cam, Zion, and Barrett"? I think just one day of everlasting hope coming from you could potentially change the tides in our favor for good. Ha ha!

Come dream a little dream with me, Picks 1, 2, and 3 choose Calipari!

Almost sounds like something Ali would've said back in the day.

Smooth as butter,

As the great bucsrule8872 has pointed out quite a few times, Cal has NEVER had 5 OAD players and that included quite a few classes with 5 players ranked higher than our current class.

I believe PJ gets deemed as a tweener when projected as a NBA player and returns.

Richards is as close to gone as possible. Coming from such poor surroundings, his measurables from the USA vs the World game alone will get him drafted really high no matter how his season goes. 7'4" wingspan with the highest standing vertical jump ever recorded by any player at the Hoops Summit game where it is USA vs. The World.

I put JV at 50/50. I think he may be more talented than any other recruit, but am not sure how the injury he is getting over will affect his game. Look what sitting out for a while did to Skal!

Bucsrules8872, just for today, can you "like our chances of landing Cam, Zion, and Barrett"? I think just one day of everlasting hope coming from you could potentially change the tides in our favor for good. Ha ha!

Come dream a little dream with me, Picks 1, 2, and 3 choose Calipari!

Almost sounds like something Ali would've said back in the day.

It is possible. I have said that from the beginning.

In fact, I will go one better and say it is possible to get the top 4. Bagley is likely no longer in this class. We are in the race for Williamson, Barrett, Reddish, and Bol. That's the top four.

Now, getting one of those guys would be worth getting excited over. Two of them should make us downright ecstatic. Three of those four should be reason for a major celebration. I do not have the words to describe how happy we should be to get all four.

But keep in mind, Cal has gotten two top 5 guys before, but never three.

Reactions: EclipsingYou
bucs, Nice point, as usual, concerning Bagley leaving. By promoting Bol to #4, UK looks like their class will have 2 of the top 5 at the least, with 3 likely, and 4 as a longshot. Plus, now with Romeo at #5, signing 4 of the top 5 players if Cam and Barrett decide they cannot co-exist, is still VERY MUCH on the cards.

4 of the top 5 players in probably the most talented class since Cal took the UK job would make it impossible to even describe the talent level at his disposal. I'd even put money on 4 of those 5 winning the NT while playing 4 on 5 every game. The talent differential would be that ridiculous. Better at everything than either the Wall/Cousins, 2012 NT, or 38-1 teams, without much of an argument.

Plus, with the #1 recruit in next year's class, Bassey, looking to be a 100% locked to UK already, UK is going to be producing some seriously highly drafted NBA players in these next 3 seasons. I doubt Knox or Diallo can jump all the way to #1 in the draft, but the possibility of producing 8 top 5 NBA picks in the next 3 years is probably a pretty good bet.

If landing 4 of the top 5 actually happens, not winning the NT would be the biggest disappointment of the Calipari era.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always.

Richards comes from a family in serious need to improve their lifestyle. After setting the record for the highest standing vertical jump at the Hoops Summit along with him measuring a 7'4" wingspan, even with a year comparable to Daniel Orton's, I cannot see him coming back to UK. Honestly, I am 100% fine with that due to the circumstances. I hope he gives us a great year and wish the best for him and his family as he attempts to change quite a few lives in a massive way with NBA level money in less than a year from now.

Vanderbilt, Washington and Richards are one and done.

There's no way Washington will be back. He's a much better player than I suspected.... with his wingspan and his NBA body, his versatility...he gone. I think he will be one of UK's most reliable players.

Another thing with Bagley moving up I just noticed and find interesting, without Bagley the new top ten is:

Barrett, Zion, Bol, Reddish, Romeo, Jordan Brown, Moses Brown, Tre Jones, Shittu, and Quickley.

So, not only does UK likely get 3 of the top 5, but out of Jordan and Moses Brown and Shittu, I think 1 is probable out of those 3 in addition to King and McCormick. While Quickley to UK is the worst kept secret in recruiting.

Suddenly signing FIVE OR SIX of the top 10 players in the class is not much of a reach at all. It is actually pretty likely to happen regardless of getting Cam and Barrett or not. If Cam and Barrettt split, I can see Romeo here instead of the one who forever regrets choosing Duke instead. Zion and Bol are favored to UK. Jordan Brown, Moses Brown, and Shittu have all shown their love for UK in the last month. Plus Quickley is still a lock.

Out of the top 10 players in the entire class, only 1 of the 10 is out of reach for UK to sign in Tre Jones due to Calipari going with Quickley over him since a long time ago, IMO.

The other 9 are all interested in UK and are not embarrassed telling people so.

A combo that consists of Zion, Bol, 2 out of Cam/Barrett/Romeo, 1 of Jordan/Moses/Shittu, and them all joining Quickley leaves us with 6 out of the top 10 players. One problem may keep us at 5. I see only one out of Jordan/Moses/Shittu/McCormick/King getting an offer. If Cal likes King or McCormick over Jordan/Moses/Shittu, 5 is the most to hope for.

Just recently I was complaining that Alabama was managing to get half of the 5* recruits in football. If we get 5-6 of the top 10 in basketball, I guess I can't really bring that up any more. Ha ha!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT