ADVERTISEMENT

What are Reasonable and Possible Solutions to Reduce Shootings (Schools and Venues)

You can come up with all kinds of hypotheticals, but for a minor at home, by far the best advise is to keep doors locked when parents aren't at home, preferable with dead bolts. If a stranger comes to the door or pounds on it, the youth should call 9-11. A secure door is not going to be "kicked down" easily like they do in the movies with balsa wood doors. An untrained minor in a highly nervous, panicky state of mind, is at risk to shoot an innocent person.

I'm all for law abiding adults to own a gun for personal security if they want one, I have one myself, but we have to have limits in the interest of safety. But whatever laws you come up with there will always be exceptional cases you can cite.

and criminals will continue breaking whatever laws we come up with....No problem with keeping doors locked, but I'd want my kids to have the gun ready in the event the perp invaded even one centimeter of our home.

that would make sense . . . he is part of the growing phenomenon of confused idealist who will literally offer this statement: It is not okay for flawed, harmful, illegal conditions to be forced on innocent citizens, but it is much less okay for those potential victims to defend themselves upon recognition of that danger, when the method of defense used cannot be theorized perfect.

Yeah, it's easy for Deeee for to say shit. His family has never been involved in a home invasion with a gun to his face.

Wish I had a gun at the time when it happened to me. Deeee has no idea what it is like and frankly I'm sick of liberal bleeding hearts.

People like Deeee have no idea what it's like to be at the barrel of a gun in a home invasion.

LOL! You guys need to take your arguments to those "liberals" in the Texas State Legislature and their "liberal" governor and tell them just how dumb they are for passing such a law - re VHCat70's post above.

...for a minor at home, by far the best advise is to keep doors locked when parents aren't at home, preferable with dead bolts...
Do you have the first clue how easy it is to pick a deadbolt lock with a pick set you can have Primed to your house for less than $20 by Wednesday?

An untrained minor in a highly nervous, panicky state of mind, is at risk to shoot an innocent person.
(1) Properly train the minor.
(2) Anyone inside your house without permission is, by definition, not innocent.

great, but each time a punk from the houston projects murders somebody are the authorities going to track down his deadbeat father and throw him prison as a convicted felon? Or will this type of felony charge apply only to the fathers who actually make an attempt, form a relationship, with their children? I can see the Texas taxpayers forking over some extra cash for DNA testing. They can create their own Maury Povich show . . . who's the daddy / felon?
Definition of mass confusion——- Father’s Day in the projects.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Again.....

* Parent(s).....raise your brats to understand that bullying anyone physically or mentally is unacceptable and that there will be consequences if they do that. You may save their life, or at least save them from an ass kicking at some point in their life.

* Parent(s).....if your child is being bullied, take action with the school. Know what your kid is doing, who their friends are, what their internet surfing habits are. If they are withdrawn, seem to have anger issues, harm animals, or seem off kilter in any way, get them some ****ing help....and if you have a kid like this, keep your GD guns locked away from them.

And yes....if your kid is off the rails and uses your firearm(s) to shoot up whatever because they had easy access to them then your ass needs to be charged as well. The dad of the Waffle House shooter needs to be facing serious charges because he ****ing gave his unhinged son his GD guns back. How stupid/lazy/sorry do you have to be to do that? The dad of the 11 year old psycho in White Pine, TN who killed his 8 year old neighbor needs to face charges because his shotgun was easily accessible and the kid had a history of anger problems with other kids.

Bottom line....be a better parent....

and criminals will continue breaking whatever laws we come up with....No problem with keeping doors locked, but I'd want my kids to have the gun ready in the event the perp invaded even one centimeter of our home.
You know, I can not help but wonder why the Liberals can not grasp this. Criminals break the law, passing more laws will not change that. More laws only hamstring people that actually obey the law. The Liberals don't care about saving lives, they want to get rid of guns, because the armed citizens are what keeps them from taking complete control. Hitler did, all dictators did it. This is the ultimate goal for Liberals, total control over the populace.

Second, I want my daughter shooting, knowing how to shoot, being ready to shoot, being empowered to do so, defend herself to the maximum extent possible, to include paying attention to the loaded gun in her hands and, if need be, waiting until later to call 9-11 or, for that matter, her daddy to get home.

A lot of people feel this way. Go to your local gun range and see how many women are there. Women are out there shooting the crap out of guns in today's crazy EVERYBODY GETS RAPED world. A lot of them are not expecting govt to save them, and they damn sure don't want govt restricting their right to protect themselves. Unfortunately it's the vocal minority we here from 24/7 on the e-webs and TVs that are scared of guns because they just go bang and kill innocent people.

Reactions: -Mav-
Lmao. The CDC.

I'm curious about this. Many folks including several who have posted in this thread and our current President have pointed to mental health problems as a leading cause for this issue. If that is the case why would the CDC looking into this be a Laugh Out Loud moment? There is potential that the CDC could confirm that this is truly not a gun control issue, and provide very real solutions for this problem. Not exactly certain why that would be funny.

I'm curious about this. Many folks including several who have posted in this thread and our current President have pointed to mental health problems as a leading cause for this issue. If that is the case why would the CDC looking into this be a Laugh Out Loud moment? There is potential that the CDC could confirm that this is truly not a gun control issue, and provide very real solutions for this problem. Not exactly certain why that would be funny.

Yea, figured you would be.

How much money does the CDC need to confirm this is not another case of "rogue gun go bang!", and how much more for them to provide "very real solutions" for this "problem"?

That's more than funny, it's downright ridiculous.

Reactions: -Mav- and mdlUK.1
Yea, figured you would be.

How much money does the CDC need to confirm this is not another case of "rogue gun go bang!", and how much more for them to provide "very real solutions" for this "problem"?

That's more than funny, it's downright ridiculous.
Yeah, I don't need the CDC to tell me that the shooters have mental issues. You have to be crazy to just start shooting random people. Send me some money and I'll study it some more. Lol

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Bigbluesean post a lot of scrap for nothing. As soon as I read white rage I quit reading. Biased argument without real substence.

As soon as you inject the race card, you lose all credibility. Also, your argument on abortion is ignorant. Two completely different situations. Babies cannot defend themselves, we can with smart decisions defend ourselves/children.

Abortion is and will stay legal.

Guns aren't getting banned or taken away.

Accept these 2 things and you remove 2 highly inflammatory subjects that people constantly lose their shit over for no reason. Then we can talk about real things like education, healthcare, and immigration.

Take some time and look over this thread and it is easy to see why this is an escalating problem with no solution in site. Everyone is completely entrenched in their camp, completely secure in their belief that everyone on the other side is an idiot and the root cause of all problems while their side has the only real solution and the only thing holding them back is the power to make it all happen.

The reality is that the answer to this, and nearly all problems is not going to be found in the extremes. The only real solution to this was posted pretty early on. Allow the CDC (and the NIH) to actively start researching the problem to find an answer.

If you think that banning guns is going to solve this you are wrong. If you think that easy access to guns in this country isn't a part of the problem then you are wrong. Arming teachers may help or it might make it worse. Raising the age limits for purchasing guns might help, or it might make it worse. Both sides blame the media, but it differs between CNN and Fox depending on which side of the fence you sit on.

At this point every reason for why this is happening, and every solution that has been proposed is speculation. If we allow the best and brightest minds we have in this country to look at the problem I guarantee we will find some solutions going forward. And the only reason we are not allowing this to happen is because we still suffer from the very real problem of weak-willed, self-serving politicians bowing to the whims of lobbyists as opposed to representing the interests of the people they were elected by.

Stopped reading this thread as soon as I found this post, because it’s 100% accurate. People are so busy playing politics that they can’t even agree on the most simple solutions. And as a result, “thoughts and prayers” are all we’re left with.

Yeah, it's easy for Deeee for to say shit. His family has never been involved in a home invasion with a gun to his face.

Wish I had a gun at the time when it happened to me. Deeee has no idea what it is like and frankly I'm sick of liberal bleeding hearts.

People like Deeee have no idea what it's like to be at the barrel of a gun in a home invasion.
I was outside my home when I was robbed at gun point. Was living in Louisville at the time and in the 8th grade. Gun pointed just inches away from my forehead when the guy ask for my watch. I Did not give it to him because, I was frozen in place. My sister came out of the house to see who I was talking to and he ran off. Was not the last time I have had a gun pointed at me.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people feel this way. Go to your local gun range and see how many women are there. Women are out there shooting the crap out of guns in today's crazy EVERYBODY GETS RAPED world. A lot of them are not expecting govt to save them, and they damn sure don't want govt restricting their right to protect themselves. Unfortunately it's the vocal minority we here from 24/7 on the e-webs and TVs that are scared of guns because they just go bang and kill innocent people.
Not just the gun range, the karate dojo I help teach at has about a 2/3rds ratio of women to men in it. Just found out that 2 of the women are divorcee's from abusive husbands. They have their daughters there too. One 11 year old girl of one of the mother's has anxiety attacks in the class when we push her harder to better. Had to calm her down last Thursday. Learning how to use a gun could help too.

Jesus. Mods, please ban Deeee for threatening Warrior’s life! Wtf!
It was a long time ago and more wishful thinking than anything. I found it rather comical. I am sure as a tolerant liberal he probably wishes he could take it back.:okay:

ADVERTISEMENT