ADVERTISEMENT

What’s your favorite movie quote that you use regularly that no one gets?

Me and my sister like Superman and Home Alone. So we'll say stuff like "gee that's swell Lois" or "you've got me who's got you?" or what did you do today? Oh just hung around. Or "Hiya pal."

Last edited:
'Juuuusssssttt a bit outside' when playing tennis and a serve is several feet out.

'There was one?' From Meatballs, when somebody asks a really dumb question.

I quote movies, songs and TV shows all the time. Unfortunately, many of my work colleagues are at least 15 years younger than me and have no idea what the reference is from.

'Amirite, amirite, amirite?' From Groundhog day When I'm right and I want to be annoying.
This a quote from Stripes when the dork said he joined the army before getting drafted and the Sergeant said "Son, there ain't no draft no more." He said "there was one?"

Got a couple. ACE VENTURA here snowflake.... and UNDER SIEGE... Gary Busiey " Do I look like I need a physiological evaluation"

Reactions: christophero
Both of the following quotes are from the movie This Is Spinal Tap...

How much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

(In any given situation I substitute any word for “black” and use the same quote...

“How much more cold could it be outside? And the answer is none. None more cold”)

These go to eleven”

(Or “Turn it up to eleven” or some derivative thereof)

ace ventura GIF

Reactions: jameslee32
Blazing Saddles, when I'm trying to get people back to work "Well boys, breaks over, don't just lay there getting a suntan"

2 minute mark

Reactions: K86
Great topic! I use tons from A Christmas Story, and always impersonating the character’s voice when I say them. -- with my own spin (most not word-for-word, but close enough). My family knows the references, but most everyone else is clueless when I say them….

Get some meaningless recognition at work: “It’s a major award! I won it!”

Someone gets their comeuppance: “Okay [person’s name], now you get yours!”

Something irritates me: “Sons-a-beechus! Bumpuses!” (w/ shaking fist)

A last ditch effort to fix or finish something: ”It’ll work! It has to work!”

Wife or kid uses the last [fill in the blank]: ”You used up all the [fill in the blank] on purpose!”

When waxing philosophical on life circumstances: ”In our world, you’re either a bully, a toady, or one of the nameless rabble of victims.”

I regularly use a few from Karate Kid, too (in my best Miyagi voice of course)….

Kids not focused on a task: “Focus power, Daniel-san!”

Kids asking how I did something they think is cool: “Dunno, first time!”

Kids or wife tells me they love me, I’ll sometimes jokingly say; “You pretty okay, too.”

Slingblade is another go-to for source material, but I’ll spare everyone from all of those quotes, lol!

Last edited:
When shopping with my wife and discussing prices, I like to quote this scene from "Used Cars". "That's too fuc##ng high" (at about the 1 minute 30 second mark).

Last edited:
Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

My buddies and I love quoting lines from Bull Durham during baseball season. So many great ones in that movie.

“Anything that travels that far ought to have a d@mn stewardess on it, don’t you think?”

Reactions: Popquiz81
ADVERTISEMENT