ADVERTISEMENT

What’s your favorite movie quote that you use regularly that no one gets?

Popquiz81

Sophomore
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2022
Mine is “No time for love Dr. Jones” which references both Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Clerks.

One of my teams leaves a pile of shit I have to take care of right before I’m heading out? That’s my go to.

Aliens was very quotable. A lot of movies have tried to copy that formula but none were as funny/memorable. Some of the Alien Covenant movie tried to do this but it was cringey.

Lots of them from The Big Lebowski. Especially, “Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man!”.

And a play on one from my favorite all time movie, Goodfellas. So after Tommy shoots and kills Spider, Jimmy tells him he has to dig the hole so they can bury the body. Tommy goes on and on about, “I’ll dig the freakin’ hole. You think it’s the first hole I ever dug!?!”. So like when my GF asks if I’ll cook dinner, I always answer with…”I’ll cook the freakin dinner. You think it’s the first dinner I ever cooked!?!”.

Last edited:
The big space jockey guy was laughable. He looked so silly. The android David was the best thing in both movies. Goodfellas is a classic.

Reactions: Popquiz81
There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

I don't think the hard stuff's going to come down for quite some time.

As I age and the people I work with get younger, It doesn't work much anymore. I was training some young people and said something about something being over the hump. Then I said what hump? Nobody had a clue.

What we got here is a failure to communicate.

Whenever I have to get weighed I say "It wouldn't do no good. I wouldn't know how much was me, how much was all that coal dust I swallowed." Surprisingly nobody has got it yet. Granted the movie is over 40 years but it's about a Kentucky legend.

Last edited:
“Chase him, and go fast” from The Phantom.
Was a bad movie, funny line that I don’t think was meant to be funny.

“Good talk, I’ll see ya out there” from Old School

“This is, this is just subpar” from The Family Man

Just bend and scoop, like the Mexicans.

When boy, when are you gonna get your act together!

Both quotes from Up in Smoke. Hilarious movie and one of my favorite comedies.

Whenever I have to get weighed I say "It wouldn't do no good. I wouldn't know how much was me, how much was all that coal dust I swallowed." Surprisingly nobody has got it yet. Granted the movie is over 40 years but it's about a Kentucky legend.
And said by a guy who was in a great band, and one of their most famous songs was, yes and you already know, The Weight.

Another great line from that was 'well, me and Doo was just being horny'. I laughed my ass off.

• Love
Reactions: UK82 and Popquiz81
There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

I don't think the hard stuff's going to come down for quite some time.

As I age and the people I work with get younger, It doesn't work much anymore. I was training some young people and said something about something being over the hump. Then I said what hump? Nobody had a clue.

What we got here is a failure to communicate.

Cool Hand Luke is one of my absolute favorite films.

Levon Helm was the best.

I still kick myself in the ass for never getting the chance to see him perform before he passed.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life." from Animal House. I only say it to myself and only when I weigh myself.

I teach 7th graders and I use quite a lot of quotes that generally lead to blank stares. Was taking attendence in one class a few weeks ago and used the "Bueller, Bueller, Bueller," line. A kid raised her hand and said you should know that there's nobody in this class with that name. Epic facepalm.

'Juuuusssssttt a bit outside' when playing tennis and a serve is several feet out.

'There was one?' From Meatballs, when somebody asks a really dumb question.

I quote movies, songs and TV shows all the time. Unfortunately, many of my work colleagues are at least 15 years younger than me and have no idea what the reference is from.

'Amirite, amirite, amirite?' From Groundhog day When I'm right and I want to be annoying.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT