ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the deal with Auburn fans ?

Shouldn't y'all be throwing toilet paper on something or adding another mascot to the WarTigerEaglePlainsmen?

What a sh*t show, lol. Glad I avoided it. I put every fan of other schools on ignore now as they come in. Nice and quiet.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It's just a handful of the dozen trolls or so from the Auburn message board. They pretty much do this for entertainment purposes to rustle the jimmies of whatever fan base is on deck at the current time.

Reactions: Cardsstink
Y'all weren't too bad a couple of years ago, winning the SEC regular season and tournament titles and we managed to beat you then. But yeah, it wasn't like beating one of your elite teams. That's why the fans and players treated it like just another win last night.

I'm sure you feel the same way about matching up with Auburn in football, what with your one victory since 1966 in that series.
This is a basketball board.Remember FBye games and pearl lol.

Well if you'd like to offer a more viable championship roster go for it. I could use a chuckle. We return this entire roster plus probably add Wiley back into the mix and another 2-3 really good players just for funsies.

I don't know many Auburn fans, actually you might be the first. Tell me, are they all as inbred and dumb as you?

You are rated top 10 and beat arguably the worst Cal team at UK and you act like your nuts finally dropped. Maybe you should atleast have a 25% winning percentage against UK before you come here running your mouth.

It’s just a bunch of pimple faced freshmen. This is the only year they know, so they believe Auburn is hot stuff. Frankly if I were them, I’d be worried. Had our defense not wilted at the end, Auburn would have lost in their own house.

Sounds like a self portrait of our season.

I don’t have any regard for Auburn sports either way... good or bad. Never knew they had such a deep seeded hatred for UK. There’s been about 5-6 of them on this board for weeks now attacking us like we stole their purse or something. What exactly did UK do to piss these people off ?
We literally have no idea what it’s like to win in basketball at a high level. Nobody knows how to react. The last time we were remotely relevant on the hard court I was a junior at AU - that was 18 years ago. There is a whole generation of fans that are clueless.

Imagine for a moment that UK football was about to win the SEC and head to a CFB playoff and you beat AU or Bama in Atlanta. Those are the emotions AU fans have right now, hillbilly or not.

Now, it would be easy for UK fans to say “we don’t care about football. We’re a basketball school.” The thing is that you don’t care.... until you do.

I don’t have any regard for Auburn sports either way... good or bad. Never knew they had such a deep seeded hatred for UK. There’s been about 5-6 of them on this board for weeks now attacking us like we stole their purse or something. What exactly did UK do to piss these people off ?

They are just haters. Being bamas bitch has gotten in their head. No tourney since 2003 and they yell NIT

We literally have no idea what it’s like to win in basketball at a high level. Nobody knows how to react. The last time we were remotely relevant on the hard court I was a junior at AU - that was 18 years ago. There is a whole generation of fans that are clueless.

Imagine for a moment that UK football was about to win the SEC and head to a CFB playoff and you beat AU or Bama in Atlanta. Those are the emotions AU fans have right now, hillbilly or not.

Now, it would be easy for UK fans to say “we don’t care about football. We’re a basketball school.” The thing is that you don’t care.... until you do.

Except we won’t win more than 7 games ever in football we signed that contract 70 years ago

Wait, hold on, favorite to win it all next year? When did ole Brucie boy get into the HOF? Now if you had said your "just cause coach" that would have been more believable.

Never go full retard.

They won’t win a tournament ever. Let alone be Duke. Maybe be Notre Dame first or something.

FWIW, you guys have a good board for discussing basketball. We are good for the first time in 15 years so some of our fans came over to discuss hoops and talk a little trash. You guys should take it as a compliment that we view you as the gold standard for basketball. Even though your team isn't great this year, yesterday was still a big win for us.

Good luck this weekend, hope your guys put it together and boat race bama.

Reactions: TitanTiger (AU)
I don't know many Auburn fans, actually you might be the first. Tell me, are they all as inbred and dumb as you?

You are rated top 10 and beat arguably the worst Cal team at UK and you act like your nuts finally dropped. Maybe you should atleast have a 25% winning percentage against UK before you come here running your mouth.
Thanks for your question. I’m actually the smartest person you’ve ever interacted wIth on this board. That’s just science. Like the scIence of Auburn being a favorite to cut down the nets next year. Really has nothing to do with all time winning %. Sad some people can’t recongnize that.

Reactions: AUwhodat
It's just boring. A bunch of fat unathletic dudes bashing each others heads in. Then at the end of the year Bama wins the natty. Like anything will ever surpass Cameron Jerel Newton's championship season. Nah, I've been praying for Auburn to become a hoops school so I can give up football and it's finally happening.
I mean I like your determination and all, but in the SEC, that’s a pretty tall order. I mean UK would much more easily become a football school before anything south of us in the conference (Save Vandy) becomes a hoops school.

But Then again I really don’t know what that term means. Kentucky is a basketball school nationally as its recognized for its Div 1 Men’s achievements. Our football program pulls in attendance that is top 30 historically. Football is the cash cow, but it’s hard to forget our b-ball wins/titles etc. Especially since UKs football success has been mediocre since Bryant’s exodus in 1953. THAT was a HUGE turning point.

I guess what I mean is footballs’ scale of economy is high and when it’s successful nothing compares. Basketball success, although nice, takes decades of dynastic success to have an SEC member school to cull the fan base it has.

Last edited:
What did we do-beat them like a drum almost every time. Trust me, all the SEC teams hate us, its us against the world. Hell those fools wanted to rush the court last night as a 10 ranked team beating an unranked Ky team, but were warned not to so they didnt get the $100,000 fine. LMFAO

They were warned when we beat you two years ago not to do it and they didn't care. Rushed it anyway. They were warned not to do it when we beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl this year. Did it anyway.

People didn't stay in the stands because they cared about an announcement or the school paying $100k. It's because in the end, it was a good win but nothing worth all that fuss.

Kentucky basketball has 8 NCAA Championships.

Auburn basketball has 8 NCAA tournament APPEARANCES.

So, let their fans celebrate and just ignore their beer muscles. It will only be a millisecond before they slip back into complete obscurity.

Reactions: Blue wood
Our record vs them 92-19 that doesn't make them feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. The old proverb "every dog has his day"

Just put them on ignore and it makes things so much easier. I've got almost all rival fanbase posters on ignore. There are a few that haven't been given that treatment yet, but not many.

If that ever happens I will NOT be on the awbern board bragging .

Reactions: crittel56
We don't hate UK. Some folks came over here initially because you have a (generally) knowledgeable fanbase on basketball and it was interesting to hear some of the takes on our season so far. Then a couple of your regulars seemed to get all "Internet = Serious Bidness" about it and they've been gigging them ever since.
I don’t have any ill feelings toward Auburn whatsoever. I think most KY fans are used to them kicking our butts when we play football and I think we have beat them 19-21 times in basketball, so maybe they feel the same. They surely don’t fall into the UT, Arkansas, UF category. I just think that most UK fans don’t think of them much. Here in middle TN there are quite a few Auburn fans because a lot of people send their kids there. It’s a good school. Just my opinion. Plus there is a building and a street there named after my great great uncle Isaac!

Reactions: AUwhodat
Just put them on ignore and it makes things so much easier. I've got almost all rival fanbase posters on ignore. There are a few that haven't been given that treatment yet, but not many.

Guessing theres some Stripper U posters posing as rivals fans every time we lose. An actual Auburn basketball fan has to be right up there with unicorns, sasquatch, and Nessie.

Thanks for your question. I’m actually the smartest person you’ve ever interacted wIth on this board. That’s just science. Like the scIence of Auburn being a favorite to cut down the nets next year. Really has nothing to do with all time winning %. Sad some people can’t recongnize that.

Oh I get it, my bad sorry at first I thought you were trying to be serious. Did you just realize Auburn actually has a mens basketball team after all these years? Can you name 1 person who is a professional commentator who has said AU is the favorite? Shouldn't you be in school? The glue isn't gonna eat itself.

Here’s the deal. We love hoops. We love talking ball with other elite hoops programs. You make sour ass comments about BRUCE and/or FBI stuff we gonna jump your ass.

In any event best of luck against that rotten bama squad on Saturday.

tenor.gif

Oh I get it, my bad sorry at first I thought you were trying to be serious. Did you just realize Auburn actually has a mens basketball team after all these years? Can you name 1 person who is a professional commentator who has said AU is the favorite? Shouldn't you be in school? The glue isn't gonna eat itself.
Thanks for your additional questions:

Auburn has had a men’s basketball team for over 100 years.

Charles Barkley has noted AU as favorites among others I’m sure.

Lol what idiot goes to school on a Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT