ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the deal with Auburn fans ?

CHAMPCAT11

Senior
Jun 16, 2009
I don’t have any regard for Auburn sports either way... good or bad. Never knew they had such a deep seeded hatred for UK. There’s been about 5-6 of them on this board for weeks now attacking us like we stole their purse or something. What exactly did UK do to piss these people off ?

I don’t have any regard for Auburn sports either way... good or bad. Never knew they had such a deep seeded hatred for UK. There’s been about 5-6 of them on this board for weeks now attacking us like we stole their purse or something. What exactly did UK do to piss these people off ?

It’s just a bunch of pimple faced freshmen. This is the only year they know, so they believe Auburn is hot stuff. Frankly if I were them, I’d be worried. Had our defense not wilted at the end, Auburn would have lost in their own house.

I don't think it's anything personal. I do believe a lot of it has to do with some Kentucky fans talking down on our team about our size, etc. You guys are the blue bloods of basketball and I'm sure the win last night was us letting a lot of frustration out because of the dominance you guys have had on us for the past 30 years. Basketball is actually fun again at Auburn. It was a great game for sure.

When you live life in your hated rival’s shadow, Alabama, you look for any reason to unleash the Krakken.

Reactions: Blue wood
CleanDecimalAsp-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: DM8
So you think a few trolls on the internet represent Auburn's entire fan base? 99 percent of Auburn fans don't really care about Kentucky either

We don't hate UK. Some folks came over here initially because you have a (generally) knowledgeable fanbase on basketball and it was interesting to hear some of the takes on our season so far. Then a couple of your regulars seemed to get all "Internet = Serious Bidness" about it and they've been gigging them ever since.

Most of them are just coming over to mess with people.

Trust me, the auburn message board fan is not a good representative of normal auburn fans. These guys are just having fun. If you make a trip to auburn I guarantee you’ll be treated well.

And we don’t get Kentucky per se, just really hate your assistant Tony Barbee because he used us as a retirement contract and set our basketball back 5 years further than it already was.

So you think a few trolls on the internet represent Auburn's entire fan base? 99 percent of Auburn fans don't really care about Kentucky either
I have lived and worked in Alabama for 40 years. Many of my friends are AU fans and most have the highest regard for UK basketball. My point is do not throw a entire fanbase in the dumpster because of a few idiots. Hell, we have our own bunch of idiots.

I don't think it's anything personal. I do believe a lot of it has to do with some Kentucky fans talking down on our team about our size, etc. You guys are the blue bloods of basketball and I'm sure the win last night was us letting a lot of frustration out because of the dominance you guys have had on us for the past 30 years. Basketball is actually fun again at Auburn. It was a great game for sure.
Great ? Catch the cats on an up year and tell me how great it is lol .

Reactions: stuway

I bet Duke fans ask themselves the same question about UK fans.

Great ? Catch the cats on an up year and tell me how great it is lol .

Y'all weren't too bad a couple of years ago, winning the SEC regular season and tournament titles and we managed to beat you then. But yeah, it wasn't like beating one of your elite teams. That's why the fans and players treated it like just another win last night.

I'm sure you feel the same way about matching up with Auburn in football, what with your one victory since 1966 in that series.

Reactions: Kirby_Fart
everybody likes taking shots ... and this bunch is the ChUcK Wepner of UK basketball.... Get better or get punched and punched and punched....

Reactions: DM8
Most of them are just coming over to mess with people.

Trust me, the auburn message board fan is not a good representative of normal auburn fans. These guys are just having fun. If you make a trip to auburn I guarantee you’ll be treated well.

And we don’t get Kentucky per se, just really hate your assistant Tony Barbee because he used us as a retirement contract and set our basketball back 5 years further than it already was.
Hey man we have that in common. Smart UK fans hate Barbee too. He’s the most sorry excuse for a coach I’ve ever seen. He brings ZERO to the table except collecting a paycheck and taking a spot from a coach that can actually recruit. If he’s still here next year then I’ll look forward to the day Cal is fired/skips out on us when it gets too tough.

Reactions: AU Tebow
Y'all weren't too bad a couple of years ago, winning the SEC regular season and tournament titles and we managed to beat you then. But yeah, it wasn't like beating one of your elite teams. That's why the fans and players treated it like just another win last night.

I'm sure you feel the same way about matching up with Auburn in football, what with your one victory since 1966 in that series.

Come to a basketball board after a win and bring up football to try and prove your worth?

Congrats, but its obvious your win doesnt mean ish in the scheme of things. Go find a fball board.

Last edited:
Here’s the deal. We love hoops. We love talking ball with other elite hoops programs. You make sour ass comments about BRUCE and/or FBI stuff we gonna jump your ass.

In any event best of luck against that rotten bama squad on Saturday.

“Other elite programs” ? Surely you don’t consider Auburn an elite basketball program. If you do then you’re sadly mistaken. Really ?

It's because we have been to 4 final fours and won a NC since they even were in the tournament. After all, when March Madness has passed you by, for 15 years, some of these idiots that have been on here, were in kindergarten. Some of them still should be. [cheers]

Reactions: Unforgivin
“Other elite programs” ? Surely you don’t consider Auburn an elite basketball program. If you do then you’re sadly mistaken. Really ?
Well we're a top 10 club. Prob a 2 seed in the tourney. About to win the conference. Prob the early favorite to win it all next year. HOF corch. Sure we aren't Duke yet but look primed to play ball with the best for years to come.

Well we're a top 10 club. Prob a 2 seed in the tourney. About to win the conference. Prob the early favorite to win it all next year. HOF corch. Sure we aren't Duke yet but look primed to play ball with the best for years to come.
Oh boy this is gonna be good lol.

Wait, hold on, favorite to win it all next year? When did ole Brucie boy get into the HOF? Now if you had said your "just cause coach" that would have been more believable.

Never go full retard.

Reactions: stuway and Fox2monk
Wait, hold on, favorite to win it all next year? When did ole Brucie boy get into the HOF? Now if you had said your "just cause coach" that would have been more believable.

Never go full retard.
There simply is not another team in the country that can matchup with the roster we have lined up for next year. Feel free to quibble about the HOF corch comment if you like. Proven, elite corch whatever.

Reactions: fairfield35064
ADVERTISEMENT