ADVERTISEMENT

WG stay or go?

go stay WG??

• Go

Votes: 56 46.3%
  • Stay

Votes: 65 53.7%

• Total voters
It's kind of fun, just to see who guesses right or wrong. Plus, see what our fans think, based on what they have heard, or read.

You don't even have to give a reason, it's just for fun.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Does Wenyen really want to play overseas or in the G-League?

Those are the only "professional basketball" options he'll have if he decides to leave UK.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Unfortunately, I believe he is gone. Wenyen has less than a 1% chance of being drafted and probably never will be drafted. I really wish he would stay as he improved his sophomore year and would be a stud if he stayed for two more years. I think he would have a chance at being a pro if he stayed through his senior year. But I think he goes now and never plays in the NBA.

Kids gotta start realizing if you aren't an elite talent then you need to go the Draymond Green route. Get a ton of experience dominating at a high level. Wenyen is the exact type of kid who would benefit from staying for 4 years. Look how bad Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, Aaron Harrison, and Dakari Johnson screwed themselves over. They were poised to get a ton of basketball experience on the big stage and they passed it up to go to the NBA before they were ready. I'm a pretty big advocate of young guys going if they are ready and making that life changing money, but I hate seeing these guys go who really aren't ready.

Gotta feed the family.

They’re presently living off wild potatoes and seaweed somewhere amongst the last remnants of the Anasazi tribes, living in adobe huts in the suburbs of New Hampshire. WG knows that they’re next bout with New Hampshire-based malaria could prove disastrous. He’s got to think of his family first.

tenor.gif

If he thinks he's ready, then he should go.

Gotta feed the family.

They’re presently living off wild potatoes and seaweed somewhere amongst the last remnants of the Anasazi tribes, living in adobe huts in the suburbs of New Hampshire. WG knows that they’re next bout with New Hampshire-based malaria could prove disastrous. He’s got to think of his family first.
Life is a bitch and then you die

Reactions: Cindog28
So you can't ever read the tea leaves. Kids at this age often say one thing and then do the opposite. Jabari Parker wanted to go to Duke because they aren't all about one and done--and then he's one and done??

I want to believe that PJ Washington truly plans to come back if he isn't a 1st rounder. But I won't be surpirsed if he says eff it.

Wenyen--The ominous thing is that he hasn't done a whole lot since announcing he would declare. He worked out for the Jazz. I read he has a workout for the kings. But no combine invite speaks volumes. So, why hasn't he announced he's coming back?

A. He's hoping he kills it in these workouts.
B. He plans to go overseas if the NBA doesn't work out.
C. He's waiting to see who else is coming back.

I think there could be a though process that if these workouts go well, then a team may love him. However, if you were going to hige on that, wouldn't you get an agent and try to maximize your workouts?

If he's going overseas if the NBA says no--why not hire an agent now? Your family is so poor? Get a loan from an agent. Do some autograph tours, etc.

C makes the most sense. If everyone comes back, it may be slim pickings for PT.

Richards/EJ Montgomery at C
PJ/EJ/JV at PF
JV/KJ at SF

Wenyen will probably find himself some minutes, and It's certainly possible that freshmen struggle, injuries can happen, etc.

I'd love to have him back next year. He showed a lot of improvement late last year--if he can build on that he should see his share of run.

ADVERTISEMENT