ADVERTISEMENT

Wetzel article on Duke/Zion

He didn't use any lube ..

If history is any indication, the NCAA wants no part of finding out, no part of finding anything – if there is anything – at Duke. In their minds, this entire operation needs white hats and black hats and there is none more unstained than Krzyzewski’s.

People may want to wait before being so judgmental. You’d have to really be naive to see what was happening in college basketball and definitively state that the likes of John Wall didn’t come with a price.

I have always wondered about something when you hear about parents of recruits provided employment. I would think that existing employees of that company/business would be extremely upset about someone being handed a job in this manner and would lash out. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought to light more in these situations.

Um, ok. I think Cal recruited him until the end did he not? I think there is a reason we haven't been getting these top players, even going back to Shabaz Mohammed. Cal doesn't pay kids or their parents.

AND, Uh, when does that usually come up? Initially or more toward the end? When there was a decision to be made and all was laid out, I think it was then Cal was easily able to state; NO. I won't debate the when's and where's back and forth with you. You go ahead and paint it to where Cal was in on it too. That's what you are trying to do it seems but that's your arena. I am of the adage that you can still do the right thing and succeed. I think Cal does it that way too. Who knows....

I may have miss-read your intent but we may also be fighting to prove the same statement..

Reactions: awf
AND, Uh, when does that usually come up? Initially or more toward the end? When there was a decision to be made and all was laid out, I think it was then Cal was easily able to state; NO. I won't debate the when's and where's back and forth with you. You go ahead and paint it to where Cal was in on it too. That's what you are trying to do it seems but that's your arena. I am of the adage that you can still do the right thing and succeed. I think Cal does it that way too. Who knows....

Jesus, what the F is up your ass buddy? I in no way hinted at that. I specifically said Cal doesn't pay kids. Just put me ignore if you want to repeatedly make up lies about me.

Jesus, what the F is up your ass buddy? I in no way hinted at that. I specifically said Cal doesn't pay kids. Just put me ignore if you want to repeatedly make up lies about me.

Whatever, did you read the last sentence I typed? I added it too.

Cal very well may have, in a round about way, been involved in some stuff like this. But the man also spearheaded and revolutionized the current system with OAD. Did he have to pay guys he was already selling on the fast track to the NBA? Idk. He does like to take care of his players and their families as a priority to the young men he gets though which is essentially what these hand outs are... i could see us being involved just as easily as not being involved. But one thing i do know.... Duke was.

Cal very well may have, in a round about way, been involved in some stuff like this. But the man also spearheaded and revolutionized the current system with OAD. Did he have to pay guys he was already selling on the fast track to the NBA? Idk. He does like to take care of his players and their families as a priority to the young men he gets though which is essentially what these hand outs are... i could see us being involved just as easily as not being involved. But one thing i do know.... Duke was.

To state that is to also call Cal dishonest. I am not ready to do that. I guess you are because that is exactly what you did.

He had me until I read “no one recruits better than duke, it’s an nba factory”

To clarify what I posted, because I guess it might have come across in a different way. That happens sometimes, which is why I hate texting. I do not think for a minute we pay kids, their parents, or hangers-on. But he still has to recruit the top kids. Some of them have their hands out, and I'm sure Cal backs off those guys. But since I am sure it is known we don't pay, I would imagine some kids don't asks us, but are asking others. I don't think we really get any of those guys, which is what I meant by Cal dodging bullets.

Reactions: BBUK
As usual Cal dodged another bullet. It's like a superpower.
It tells us that Cal is as clean as a virgin’s honeypot.

We all know that if the same testimony came out, and Williamson ended up here, Kentucky would be going down in flames. Since he ended up at Duke, it’s going to be a “let’s wipe the slate clean and start over” mantra.

Essentially, Kansas will be the beneficiary of Capel offering more incentives for the Williamson family.

People may want to wait before being so judgmental. You’d have to really be naive to see what was happening in college basketball and definitively state that the likes of John Wall didn’t come with a price.

“If you are the No. 1 guy or the top guy, you’re going to have guys come at you. But you have to be smart about it. If you are only going to school for one year, there’s no point in doing all the extra stuff. If you don’t have any money and have been poor your whole life, another eight months won’t hurt,” Wall said.

“I was trusting no one. Listen, I grew up without a dad since the age of nine. It was my mom working three or four jobs to support our family. If she could provide from me then, then she could provide for me when I was 17 or 18 years old for a few months. You know what I mean? You couldn’t do nothing for me then. I’d been poor my whole life. Eight months? What is that money going to do for me? I was fine with it.”
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/nc...orruption-john-wall-reaction-wizards-kentucky

Well, my suspicion is that first team with Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, etc., could have had some things going on that we really don’t want to know about. My guess is everything since then has been above board.

I have always wondered about something when you hear about parents of recruits provided employment. I would think that existing employees of that company/business would be extremely upset about someone being handed a job in this manner and would lash out. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought to light more in these situations.

They're probably fans of that team, so they may be okay with it?

Reactions: Catclass15
Well, my suspicion is that first team with Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, etc., could have had some things going on that we really don’t want to know about. My guess is everything since then has been above board.

Yep. Calipari and Ky both know they are under the microscope. Media hates Calipari and Kentucky and would like nothing more than dig up dirt to try to put down both. I’m sure there is nothing there of any substance and I’m sure it’s not for a lack of them trying to smear the program and it’s coach.

Yay,

I may have been a little harsh in how I stated it to you but what I bolded is calling Cal a liar. Cal has stated many times that he does not need to do that as he gets players to the NBA and he also changes entire families lives for generations.

Sorry, you cannot change families lives for generations and cheat to get it done, you cannot.

Word's mean things. No, you did not call Cal a liar but you stated he is doing things he states he is not doing. What is that called?

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
To clarify what I posted, because I guess it might have come across in a different way. That happens sometimes, which is why I hate texting. I do not think for a minute we pay kids, their parents, or hangers-on. But he still has to recruit the top kids. Some of them have their hands out, and I'm sure Cal backs off those guys. But since I am sure it is known we don't pay, I would imagine some kids don't asks us, but are asking others. I don't think we really get any of those guys, which is what I meant by Cal dodging bullets.

Jerk

Everyone needs a jump-start sometimes...o_O

Reactions: kev69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT