ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia by the numbers

8titles

Senior
Dec 2, 2004
Who is this mighty West Virginia, and what have they done this year. They are exactly 3 - 8 vs Top 25 and 7-9 vs Top 50 on Sagarin and looking at their schedule their only quality wins were Connecticut (when they were #17, which obviously didn't pan out well), A 20 point win vs Oklahoma which was promptly backed up 2 weeks later by a 20 pt loss to Oklahoma, and a win against a game(y) Kansas team.

They basically have 3 guys at 6'9" who play any minutes at all but that's it. Nobody taller. Most are around 6'1" to 6'3".

How physical can these guys really be? And add the fact that they want to get up and down the floor and I am stunned at how anyone can't be giddy over this matchup. I'm not getting it.

Because it's still a Huggins coached team and he has had Cal's number in the past. Also, because the ghost of 2010 still lingers. I know we beat them in 2011, but that UK team was not supposed to make it past Ohio State in the Sweet 16. In 2010, we were the favorites to win it all, like we are this year. Beat WVU on Thursday, and those demons will be exorcised forever.

Originally posted by rabidcatfan:
Because it's still a Huggins coached team and he has had Cal's number in the past. Also, because the ghost of 2010 still lingers. I know we beat them in 2011, but that UK team was not supposed to make it past Ohio State in the Sweet 16. In 2010, we were the favorites to win it all, like we are this year. Beat WVU on Thursday, and those demons will be exorcised forever.
How many holdovers still on the team from the 2010 squad...that ghost is actually a fairy tale perpetuated by fans and has nothing to do with this team or this game.

Originally posted by CatPhight:
How many holdovers still on the team from the 2010 squad...that ghost is actually a fairy tale perpetuated by fans and has nothing to do with this team or this game.
Like above, I think 2010 has some people a little nervous. If Kentucky hadn't faced a team this year that can press, then I might have some concern, but they have and they handled the ball fine. I think UK will live on the FT line in this game.

I noticed if you drive hard on WVU they breakdown. The Twins could have fun in this game! Also, I think we have the horses to press WVU and most pressing teams don't like to be pressed. Keep the trees down low and pack it in and MAKE WVU shot over. They won't be able to drive, because they will be rejected.

Ghosts? Demons? Exorcisms?? Really dude? Hahahaha.

Devin Booker was in the eighth grade during that game. Harrisons were freshmen in high school.
Some of the people here! Relax.

WVU is Arkansas....period. We handled them and we will handle Huggy Bear. Just sucks we won't handle them until TEN O'FREAKING CLOCK at night Thursday lol.

Originally posted by *CatinIL*:

Like above, I think 2010 has some people a little nervous. If Kentucky hadn't faced a team this year that can press, then I might have some concern, but they have and they handled the ball fine. I think UK will live on the FT line in this game.
Yeah but those are fans nerves who won't be suiting up - these kids are primed and ready - if they have any demon to exorcise, it's in the title game, not in the regional semi's.

Originally posted by *CatinIL*:

I was there and our team got selfish and jacked up three's! It was a LONG drive back home
furious.r191677.gif
the next day and to MAKE things worse, I shared the same hotel as the WVV team and fans. Double tree... I had no idea when I made reservations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by UPSCat4080:

WVU is Arkansas....period. We handled them and we will handle Huggy Bear. Just sucks we won't handle them until TEN O'FREAKING CLOCK at night Thursday lol.
^^^This^^^^

We are well prepared for anything WVU has got. Some compare them with Arkansas style wise which I can see...but by the numbers they are not even in the same league as Arkansas and we all know how that went for the razorbacks.

West Virginia's stats 2014-15

FG% 3pt% FT% ORB DRB STL BLK PTS/G
Total .412 .320 .664 562 678 372 93 73.6

Rank 278th 280th 269th 1st 297th 1st 234th 40th

Arkansas' stats 2014-15

FG% 3pt% FT% ORB DRB STL BLK PTS/G
Total .445 .349 .724 470 820 277 168 77.4

Rank 107th 149th 68th 8th 91st 15th 27th 17th

This post was edited on 3/24 4:58 PM by irishcatdaddy

ADVERTISEMENT